Wondering why the SX-12 plays 2nd fiddle?

Mikey P

Administrator
Was the old greyish head a stinker?

Ive been testing the latest version and find it very easy to use.
  • Does not lock down
  • Great recovery, no puddles when lifted
  • A very light feel over all
I'm impressed.

IMG_20170719_150401.jpg
IMG_20170719_150352.jpg
IMG_20170719_150410.jpg
IMG_20170719_150433.jpg

Reactions: J Scott W

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Is there a chance those holes can get clogged in the near future? And you said this is the latest version. What changes have been made to make it better?

I see you using a 1.5" hose attached to it. Why didn't you just use a reducer cuff to have a 2" hose connected?

Mikey P

Administrator
I suppose an Alabamaian could figure out how to clog them holes.
I'm not aware of what, other than the color and shape of the head changed
You can attach it to your vac hose how ever you want. I chose a 15' tapered whip to keep a light feel too the tool. Works like a charm.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I suppose an Alabamaian could figure out how to clog them holes.
I'm not aware of what, other than the color and shape of the head changed
You can attach it to your vac hose how ever you want. I chose a 15' tapered whip to keep a light feel too the tool. Works like a charm.
The holes on my mytee p.o.s got clogged all the time

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Is there a chance those holes can get clogged in the near future? And you said this is the latest version. What changes have been made to make it better?

I see you using a 1.5" hose attached to it. Why didn't you just use a reducer cuff to have a 2" hose connected?

The air flow was improved a few years back.

I do not know of anyone who has complained about the vacuum holes being plugged up. They might need a bit of cleaning if one decides to strip floors with it.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The air flow was improved a few years back.

I do not know of anyone who has complained about the vacuum holes being plugged up. They might need a bit of cleaning if one decides to strip floors with it.
Thanks Scott for not being a smartass like all these other goofs above

steve_64

Compare the size of the holes Matt.

And sweep the floor before you start.

I believe Rob made a video on how to use a broom, I'll try and find it for you.

Use a shop vac so you're not just stirring it around. It's faster too.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Mikey is doing too many soccer mom kitchen floors. He must forget how dirty thick grease from a trashed floor can loosen some thick soil. THat's why I asked about clogging up the holes

Reactions: rwcarpet

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Since you asked

2ndly, the brush/ vacuum system is far wider than the OG, looks to leave 1.5"' soiled edges with out TT

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
I know they improved since mine, but, mine locked down and messed some tile up so I always had to vac relief.. The profile was higher and didn't fit under as many cabinets and the hoses got in the way so you always had to go head on.

I didn't mind the handles but now I have two hybrids and I like them. Unless their profile is as low now and the hoses are re-arranged I wouldn't go back.

Reactions: Mikey P

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
The sx12 is slow and clumsy. For high production the Redline Spinner is choice.

The SX requires two handed operation.

You run the Redline like a wand which frees up one hand to whip hoses around. Much faster that way.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The sx12 is slow and clumsy. For high production the Redline Spinner is choice.

The SX requires two handed operation.

You run the Redline like a wand which frees up one hand to whip hoses around. Much faster that way.
Have you used anything else besides the redline spinner? I hated mine. That's why I'm using a tile wand. It wouldn't get under toe kicks, and I couldn't lift it up to clean the edges. It locked down on the tile, and when I opened the vac release up at the handle, I lost suction and it left too much water behind. I like how the sx-12's vac release is on the head of the spinner, to keep the airflow where it needs to be to help carry the water out

Reactions: J Scott W

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Now that I think about it I modified my Redline Spinner by drilling out all those tiny little vacuum holes with an oversized bit to increase airflow. No problems with recovery or vac relief. SX gets closer to edges but I compensate by tiltimg the Redline and blasting the edges.

A tile wand sounds good until the first time a jet plugs up on you. I never seem to have the correct tools on the truck to do a field repair. The jets always seem to be recessed deep inside the vac head making it difficult to get a wrench on them.

It was the older model SX.,, But two handles on a tool that lightweight? I was going to say it"s bad feng shui but I guess it's doable.

Heck, I changed my mind! I want an SX 12 now.

If Mikey likes it, it has to be good! :-)

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Its all in this photo:
img_20170719_150433-jpg.73577

Doesn't clean close enough to the edge.
Requires extra hand work. Time is money.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom