Working Sundays

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Off to work I go. Hi ho hi ho. I don't mind Sunday work. It pays the bills and not all folk can do weekday appointments. Traffic is light and I can shave a bunch of time zooming around. I've got 2 residential jobs and clean and top coat for a pet store. I do try to take a weekday for paperwork and assorted running around. Do you work Sundays or is it a "premium time slot"? If the workload is any indication in January, it's going to be a great year.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Occasional commercial work on Saturday or Sunday. We have horrible luck with clients cancelling weekend residential appointments last minute so quit offering it

Reactions: SamIam

Ron K

Occasional commercial work on Saturday or Sunday. We have horrible luck with clients cancelling weekend residential appointments last minute so quit offering it
I agree. We do also maybe once a year.
Chris do you ask for payment in advance for weekend work with that "premium" up-charge??
I know the "big-boys" do what they do, but us small ops guys which are out there on the weekends doing the work, how do you make it worth your while!
Personally, I always felt that people who didn't care enough about other peoples lives weren't the kind of people I wanted to work for anyway.
Emergency work, I get it, but just getting the carpets cleaned on a weekend because they work during the week....meh!

Reactions: ronbeatty

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We process commercial work nearly ever Saturday AM but Sunday's are rare for carpet cleaning. Unfortunately no so much for WDR. We process on average one Sunday a month for WDR work.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I don't always work on sundays. But I'm willing to.
Today I had an empty move out on a condo and then an office at a warehouse. Easy day.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Chris A

Name
Chris
No Ron we just quit doing it for residential unless it's a well known past customer. Commercial we typically don't have an issue wth

Reactions: Ron K

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I do the odd Sunday if that is the only day available. I charge enough to make it worthwhile to do just one job. Usually, it's commercial or wd but I get the odd residential who is willing to pay my price for Sunday sevice.

Reactions: Ron K

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
We don't work Saturday but work probably almost half of the Sunday's. It's always my biggest commercial work that gets done those days.

Heck of a way to start a lot of weeks...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Willy P

Name
Willy P
$700 for a 8 hour with drive time but all commercial today. Sunday money spends the same as weekday money. This the only day the pet store closes before 9 so I made them all shiny for them and was done long before 9.
20170115_201935.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom