Would you...

Greenie, the blower heat, i have been wondering, the relief valve or kunkle, the best place is as close to the blower as possible. you've mentioned before that the cool air enters the blower to minimize load, which also creates more heat to the blower. am i wrong in thinking that the air in the recovery tank is cooler than the surrounding air at the blower? also if i burn out a seal in the blower, what kind of effect will that have on the blower or is it so obvious that i will know when it happens

T

The Magician

Your Hi Jacking Kevins post here? Answer is, loss of grease or oil and blow the blowers lobes etc. Turn down the hg.

Greenie

I'll bet in Toronto, depending on how hot that 24 flow wand is cooking, the waste tank temp ain't much cooler if at all, than the outside air...like winter!

The deal with the vac releif of fthe tank, and close to the blower is the blower has free access to it's releif air, it doesn't have to compete with blower filters in the tank.

You set a kunkle type valve to 16"hg and i'll bet you see jsut as good of performance if not better than what you are getting right now.

You may not realize it, but with super high lift levels, many times the powerplant driving the blower actually slows and bogs under such high levels of resistance, and the blower actually spins slower, dropping cfms.

Kunkle/Bayco your machine, get some 2.5" hose and don't look back.

G

Is it true that a 2" hose will only allow for so much CFM? If it is true than why not choose a "FREE AIR" system? Wont you have vacuum to spare?

Devil's Advocate

Rex Tyus

Is it true that a 2" hose will only allow for so much CFM?

NO! A more accurate statement would be a plastic vac hose will only tolerate xxx " of lift. The cfm allowance would depend on the restriction tolerance of said 2" hose. I have no clue about free flow or the like but the myth of cfm is KILLING ME. You can put as many cubic feet of air per minute as the integrity of the hose will allow.

FastEddie

So is a free flow system basically the same as a controlled air leak, as close to the wand as possible? Kinda like drilling the wands head?

G

And that Rex is why I signed that statement as "Devil's Advocate". Im trying to learn here so I ask questions.

Jeff

Rex Tyus

I am sorry if that came across as crass. You asked a legitimate question. My frustration is with people who post that as a truth not a question. Keep in mind these people should know better but seem to get confused. Sorry for sounding like an ass.

Rex

G

No problem. I took no offense. Its difficult for us laymen to sift through all the information & misinformation.

Jeff

your probably right Greenie, i have an access cover on top of my recovery tank for cleaning out, it has 6 1/4 screws. the other day i unscrewed 3 of them to clean upholstery creating a 3/4" hole or leak in the tank, i could not feel the difference i vac when cleaning carpet and upholstery. i did notice the hg moving up slower. so now im thinking ... controlled air leak....constant air leak....or just get a smaller blower

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
The reason why kunkles work, is that they force the leak to come down the hose instead of through the releif valve. I would like someone to post pictures of the free flow design or concept. My time is extremely valuable and I don't have time to spend talking to people on the phone trying to convince me of their concept. Could someone post pics or explain free flow?

G

Kevin that is not true about kunkles . The kunkle will actually leak air the whole time. When the kunkle is new sure you can here it open and close. The kunkle really works a tad better than a spring relief. I have several sitting in my garage now. The kunkle may make a wee bit of air move down the hose where as free flow moves a whole lot more air and vac down the hose.

Name
Lee Stockwell
A relatively tiny fixed hole. When blocked, yes your lift goes too high, but that seldom happens for more that a few second. In operation it will give consistent lift near the desired set point, without moving parts. An emergency relief can be incorporated into the design with another simple trick.

I think Nick should have kept this to himself for a while.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom