Wow, Sapphire. Gold, eh?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
My 18" Royal vacuum I just bought was rated gold. The almost identical 14" version is only Silver.

It seems a little silly...

image.jpg

That boy's got clean running through his veins. He loves it when I get a new toy!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
How do you like that Royal?

Get it from Jon Don?
I did get it from JD. Price couldn't be beat, plus shipped free.

The 18" version is BIG and I like it! I can't spend long vacuuming, with the red carpet treatment I'm trying to deliver to the homeowner.

Makes quick work of the apartments I clean when the PM hasn't vacuumed too.

VERY light when you consider its width and pure power. It's probably under 20 lbs with all the weight being in the base.

I prefer the more spendy HEPA bags. I've been using it with the standard one that came installed and I wouldn't continue like this in a residential setting.

It's in step with the brand and image we are creating. Retro feel to our biz claiming "Far Out Service at a Down to Earth Price". Our services are listed as "Carpet Cleaning and Beyond" on our truck and website. Really trying to take the homeowner back to a time when quality of service mattered. It still does to many.

I'm thinking about having our logo embroidered on the bag. A black custom one would be better but I'm not sure if such a thing exists??

Also pushing for a polished, large franchise look/feel to our biz. It adds to our cred.

We really do believe the service we offer will leave our franchise competition looking silly.

Its all done in an effort to create a system that I can multiply. I also believe that everything we bring into a customers home should look pro and work pro!

Customers are noticing how serious we take this stuff!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
That Shark vacuums better.
We prefer the Shark at home. I need something more rugged and professional that can run hard like I do on the truck. It's A LOT wider, at 18" too.

I recommend those Sharks all the time to homeowners.

Reactions: hogjowl

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I think your looking at a machine with the capabilities as a prochem legend gt 2 top sellers in the industry I smell a competition brewing! Bring Joes lie detector and a cfm tester 100 feet of hose let the best machine win!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The testing is different now than it was. It also includes a production rating along with a cleaning rating. So, a machine that requires 42 passes to remove the soil does not get the same rating as a machine that does the job in 2 passes.

Unfortunately, they can't take away the rating they gave before learning a better way to do the test.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Thanks for the update Scott. I also understand they incorporate oily materials in their test soil that better duplicate the "real world" Those parts I "like".

I don't like that they "grandfathered in" those machines and systems that got in because their tests weren't valid.

The grading system makes a little sense in the Jan San world where they clean carpet with some pretty bad equipment and chemistry, and buyers rarely see the products they force the maintenance staff use.

BUT that system makes ZERO sense in the way it was tried out on the carpet cleaning industry. It seems that part of its use has quieted down for now. It was (and if still enforced...IS..) a massive injustice to cleaners if it at all makes them feel pressured to buy equipment and products that have the "stamp of approval" when what they currently own is as good, if not better.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I don't feel pressure.
Should I be ashamed?

People like you are not the ones who are victimized by these types of programs and pressures Marty. Its the new people in our industry, or the earnest and caring types who are naive to how things "really work" (or don't...) who are easily intimidated and/or influenced by trainers, mill reps, carpet stores, ...whoever....and think they have to conform to things that are difficult to impossible to enforce.

I know in your response you were just being "you"....but your point is well made and it deserved a serious response.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
My tongue in cheek thread was meant as a dig at the CRI, (They do have at least three of the letters of the IICRC, and if that ain't a bad omen, what is?).

As well as SS, hopefully, not supporting through certification fees an organization that seem to be ignorant, vain and not that interested in the well being of our industry.

I guess marketing is marketing.
I must be an idiot though for buying the Pro-1200, cause as far as I know, it ain't "golden".

Last edited:
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
wished the 370 was around when I purchased my first factory built rig. I had my hands on the 370 couple times now and it's a sweat slide in. You folks wanting to move up from a portable or just replacing, you just can't go wrong with that machine. Measured the sound level just the other day, 87 decibels 8 ft. from the van, drops off nicely as you walk away.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom