Xentherm Oil Question

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I just wanted to post something before Greg filled up the whole first page!

Seriously, I have let my xentherm oil go to about 700 hours (Yikes!) I ordered 5 gal today from AT and here is my question. Mr. Jim, Shawn, or anyone should I do anything to flush out the system before filling up with new oil. My question is about tarnish or carmilizing the tubes. I usually only turn the xentherm up to 265 on resys 275 on commercial and restaurants and 300 when doing tile. I burp it weekly, but just kicked myself in the ars today for letting it go so long.

Thanks,
Bill

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you want to change it every 6 months or 300 hours..which ever comes first.....cant say that I loose any sleep over worrying about tarnish or caramelizing the tubes..........this system is a bit more bullet prof them most will give it credit for.....Try to get into the habit of before you start your first job every morning to burp the system instead of once a week....you may not here nothing because the pressure may not be as high as doing it once a week ..but never the less you are still taking the pressure off of it more often and you will have less problems.....I don't flush mine every time I change it...but when I do...I just leave everything open and pour some extra therm oil threw the system until it drains out clear....about every other time it seems like I have some left over from the last change laying around some where so I just use it....Another thing that you might want to be careful of is that you don't buy your therm oil in the metal 5 gallon containers..............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the last three I got had rust flakes in the bottom of them....and oil don't rust.........pretty sure I did not get any into my system because I always transfer it into 1 gallon clear jugs so I can keep better tabs on how much is going in and it is much easier to handle.........

Mikey P

Administrator
I was told to run some COLD diesel fuel through the system for a few minutes, drain and fill with the Therm.

It sure did clean it out. Sort of like that High Colonic I did when I was 19.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Mikey,
I thought thats what you told me way back then on the phone, but I wanted to be sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom