Yelp reviewers!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
image.png

Ok lady calls Thursday we do it Friday. It's a rental they moved into and are going to start a business eithe special needs or elderly.

I've cleaned the house years ago for s guy who would bissel the traffic areas to death.

We vacuumed ore treated with flux citrus boosted with Chemspec citrus booster.

CRB the upstairs and steps. It was 87 degrees in the house while we cleaned.

They never pointed out stains I saw a blue stain near the shower where a rug bled. That's permanent. There was a few hair dye stains in another bathroom.

The dark TFA all came out and the carpet was speed dried.

I offered to go back and rotary extract at N/C
There was also some wood stains looked like orange told here I treated them while I was there with my helper.

I messaged her and texted her.

Her response was she's getting someone else.

And dosent want us back.

I then asked if I refunded her money would she remove the review?

She said as soon as she gets s check she'll take it down.

I mean there was an obvious difference in the cleaning.

12 year old white rental property I never over promise and always try to over deliver.

Is this extortion???

Last question I haven't responded to her review on line and she has one review on Yelp, Me. So is there a possibility it gets bumped on its own in a few days??

I'm leaning towards refund and praying I don't commit murder.

I mean most people call if they're unhappy and give you a chance to make it right.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My son did s job March 5 got a 1 star review April 6-7 a mo th later also saying carpet took 3 days to dry and pet smell was there. When I contacted her she already had it taken care of.

I refunded her money but she never updated the review I did ask her to so that's my fault.

Funny thing is they did 4 other jobs that day with no complaints so whatever caused the over wet on the first job fixed it self.

If they would've called and said it still wet I would of ran fans over and black lighted the urine areas.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
No refund after that review. She probably won't remove it anyways, and instead of calling you first to correct any issues she blasts you online. The review is already costing you money, why waste more refunding her when you did your best?

Respond to it professionally and explain about the staining and condition of the carpet. Then move on and work on getting more positive reviews.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My wife's point is with all the good reviews people see past the few cookoo for coco puffs!

Don't refund the money.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I had to 5 start reviews after my last bad review both dropped. 2 in April gone to the unrecommended file.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
IMO ..During the inspection/ walk through before the cleaning you should have set realistic expectation for the custy and let her know what stains might not come out.. We try to under promise and over delivery.
Sound like you tried to be a hero and came up a zero.
Its important to psychoanalyze the custy to protect yourself.
Learning when to walk away is a great stress reliever.

Chokemaster

Name
John Sheridan
I wouldn't respond to her review. It will actually some what legitimize her review. I use to respond/argue with customers on Yelp. No longer do I do that. If you do refund her any money I'd make her sign something promising to remove her review and to never post anymore reviews on your business good ro bad.

Reactions: Mikey P and SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
IMO ..During the inspection/ walk through before the cleaning you should have set realistic expectation for the custy and let her know what stains might not come out.. We try to under promise and over delivery.
Sound like you tried to be a hero and came up a zero.
Its important to psychoanalyze the custy to protect yourself.
Learning when to walk away is a great stress reliever.

It's funny there were 2 ladies there the one who paid I did the walk thru with and pointed out a few problem areas and the second lady who had us run hoses through a window to keep the psycho lizards out.

The second lady is the one causing all the problems.

Possibly mother daughter.

But ya definitely need to walk the carpet and point out everything.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I never promised every stain out or ever talked to her, she talked to my wife and read other reviews believing for $300 she was getting 6-7 k worth of new carpet. Not doing our best to restore 12? Year old rental carpet.

By the way the carpet looked great except for a few stain I cut most of the dye stains out used stain magic and said let it dry if there's a problem call me.

I never argue I do my best if there still s problem I go back.

She knows she's holding my online reputation hostage to get a free cleaning.

It's not free it cost me at least $70 to clean her house.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Sam,
Do respond to the review and respond in kind.
No accusations, no excuses, no anger, just the facts and more important- your willingness to correct it. The way you respond will tell potential clients more about you and your business than the bad review does.

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
When someone tells me they're from yelp, I get on all fours and break out the vaseline...Exaggerating a little...These people know you know they got you by the balls...Especially when they find out your an owner/operator...

Part of my success in business, is being a professional "ass kisser" -

Reactions: Newman

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
It's funny there were 2 ladies there the one who paid I did the walk thru with and pointed out a few problem areas

The second lady is the one causing all the problems.
But ya definitely need to walk the carpet and point out everything.

Ask to have the review removed. the complainer wasn't the customer and therefore isn't valid.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Hello,

We're writing to let you know that we've evaluated Gloria S.'s review of Sam Miller's Carpet Care that you recently reported. After assessing the review carefully against our Content Guidelines, we agree that this review should be removed.

We rely on community engagement to help keep Yelp useful. Thanks so much for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention!

For further information on using Yelp, please find answers to frequently asked questions in our Support Center (http://www.yelp-support.com).

- The Yelp Support Team

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I really do go back with out question if there are problems.

Especially with an online presence you can't dick around.

I did what @Papa John recommended and told Yelp about the 2 different ladies and my experience it took 5-6 hours and I got a favorable response.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
  • Demanding payment: Beyond simply asking for a refund to remedy a bad experience, you should not use removing or posting your review as a way to extract payment from a business, regardless of whether you’ve been a customer.
Yelp terms of service I did state in my response to Yelp she offered to remove the review for a refund. :eekk::very_drunk::icon_cool:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Lastly it didn't raise my back up to a 5 star avg so bumped reviews still count for something apparently.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Me too.

In reality I asked her if she would be willing to remove the review for a refund she said yes!

But who cares semantics.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom