Yodel....holy sh..

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Oh yeah I agree with that big time...while I think the internet is a great way to market, but it's become so corrupt I'm exploring other avenues that could work.

Reactions: Mikey P

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I can understand a busy guy like mike doesnt want to screw around with filling out 100 online directories.
It is pretty mind numbing and if you hire a teenager, take it from personal experience ya end up fixing half of them anyway.

But these services have a very bad reputation ( not yodel specifically) so tread lightly before signing up is all.

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
I think most everyone in here could benefit by slowly reading Stevens post. Sometimes it really makes sense to absorb great information, then act on it.

Thanks Steven!

Reactions: Hoody

FredC

Village Idiot
I asked them about this today..

All directory links they set up for me would be turned over if I ever leave with the ability to change the link to my own/other site.

Except they aren't just creating accounts where none exist...............they are modifying your current listings............YELP

Reactions: Hoody
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
from the BBB This explains why they rubbed me way wrong especially when I asked "to many" questions.

BBB files indicate a pattern of complaints concerning sales practices, guarantees, and customer service issues. Consumers are telling BBB about high pressure sales tactics from Yodle, Inc. sales staff, who allegedly try to coerce new customers to sign up before they fully understand the services they will get. In addition, during the sales presentations, a few customers said they were told by staff about a guarantee of results from using the company services. Many of the complaints submitted to BBB about Yodle focus on the poor performance of the services they signed up and paid for, such as lack of leads, no increase in web traffic, or incorrect leads/calls routed to their company. Clients who reportedly seek a refund of the fees from the company claim that they encounter difficulty in doing so, such as having to make multiple calls and send several emails.

BBB has contacted the company about the aforementioned issues. Yodle, Inc. has responded to BBB in a timely manner and reported that they are fully committed to behaving respectfully to both their prospective and current customers, and to providing the best possible results and services to their customers. The company says that they are working on implementing additional measures to improve sales practices (such as revising marketing scripts and increasing quality controls), as well as to expand marketing offerings, deliver greater value, and enhance customer service response and resolution.

Lonny

Supportive Member
Personal experience, I was not impressed. 450 per month stayed for a year, never saw the return on investment, we DID break even a couple of the months.
They are very convincing on the phone, the statistics on their website were nice. If they were able to do all that with MY website, and do proper SEO, I would have hung on.
Good luck.

Reactions: Mikey P

Gary T

Yodle: 3 months. $3k. 2 calls, 1 job. Now I did keep that 1 customer for 5 years and finally broke even. They claimed $2-$5 per click is what I would be paying based on competition (which was a bit high). They were bidding $20-$30 per click based on their own dashboard. When I called them on it they said no you're not paying that much. When I said it is right in the dashboard, they said I dunno, we'll look into it.

For the last 1.5 months of the contract I ran my own adwords with zero experience and no landing page. I paid $.75-$1.50 a click and got 5 jobs. Just my experience.

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom