You never hear anybody talk about...

Connor

Name
Connor
kunkle valves anymore, whyizzat?

Anybody running four to the door anymore?

Waht about the different kind of airmovers, they're not debated anymore, either.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Connor said:

cause Greenie's not here hawking them anymore

board de-jour fad started by Greenie and a completely unnecessary, over expensive devise to do the job of a simple quality spring relief valve .

..L.T.A.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I don't hawk them but I had a TM with and without the stuff and they really did make a difference in the real world. Biggest problem is the availability of BAYCO valves and the fact that they required cuts and mods to the system that many couldn't or
wouldn't do. 4 to the door and 2.5" CAN BE DIFFICULT TO STORE ON THE REEL AS WELL.

Take care,
Lisa

Chris A

Name
Chris
I had a Bayco and 2.5 on my old ass CDS 4.7... It did help, but when I bought my new CDS, I never felt the need as the machine had plenty of vac. I think the Bayco did help, but I probably could've rebuilt the old relief valve and been fine.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
MikeP said:
Bayco makes a LOT of difference on my Judpail
Difference how?

Does it do a better job cleaning, and when you are finished, can you see a difference?

Do your customers comment on it's performance?

Does the carpet dry quicker?

Do you make more money because of it?

Is it necessary when running over 100' of vacuum hose as opposed to a typical spring relief valve?

How often do you run over 100' of vacuum hose?

Larry said:

board de-jour fad started by Greenie and a completely unnecessary, over expensive devise to do the job of a simple quality spring relief valve .
I agree 100%.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
It seems to me that you want as much air as possible, moving as fast as possible through the WAND. This is even more important the longer your hose runs are. Why would you want to bleed of any of that air? I want as few restriction and leaks in the system as possible.

Mikey P

Administrator
Bob Savage said:
MikeP said:
Bayco makes a LOT of difference on my Judpail
Difference how?

Does it do a better job cleaning, and when you are finished, can you see a difference?-No but I can feel that it is drier and I can see that the clock is showing that the cleaning did not take so long..

Do your customers comment on it's performance?-Absolutely! dry humping, Sees candy, a bottle of Xango and fondling of my pressure hoses have just been some of the gifts I've received over the effect of the Bayco's performance. One lady even called her elderly mother over from across town just to listen to the POP when it cycled. The device simply fascinated them.

Does the carpet dry quicker? 14.5 inches of lift compared to 12", you tell me Bob.

Do you make more money because of it? speed equals time, right?

Is it necessary when running over 100' of vacuum hose as opposed to a typical spring relief valve?-Yes on the Judpail, no on the Vortex

How often do you run over 100' of vacuum hose? on the Bayco equipped Judson? Half the jobs, maybe.

Larry said:

I agree 100%.

I guess we just have different standards Bob. I have seen you declare many times that you feel a 45 blower unit can be used to dual wand . I guess coming off a ETM that you would be impressed enough to feel that way.

But for me coming off a 6008 w/ 2.5 there is just no way...

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
MikeP said:
I guess we just have different standards Bob. I have seen you declare many times that you feel a 45 blower unit can be used to dual wand . I guess coming off a ETM that you would be impressed enough to feel that way.

But for me coming off a 6008 w/ 2.5 there is just no way...
Our standards are top notch, just as I image yours are, enough so that we stay busy without advertising. In fact, we are well known as the best CC company in town, as I am sure you are too.

The #45 blower, when set up properly, will dual wand without a hitch, but what do I know? I am just a carpet cleaner.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what kind of valve did you have on the da'Pail before you changed it, Capt'n?

and did put put the plastic cap on it with little holes so you don't lose a ton of lift instantly as it cycles and dumps 30% of the lift instantly ??

Maybe some ya'll have junk tin willy relief valves to start with ...i donno

..L.T.A.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Ruff Hewn said:
Connor said:

..L.T.A.

I tried to get Greenie to sell me a Kunkle but he said I didn't need one. If your machine holds at least ten HG with the wand on the carpet, a Kunkle isn't neccessary, sez he. So I don't think he was hawking them.

lance

Duane makes a relief spring setup that he says works as well as a Bayco. He shows it in one of the videos that he made.

Jeff said a lot of times that if you set your relief at 15 inches then it shouldn't open very much as the true lift at the wand would be about 12 inches most of the time. If that is true, then a bayco would not make a difference as all the air and water is going thru the wand into the waste tank.

He also said many times that on long hose runs available lift is eaten up with two inch hose but now that guys are using the big hose (2.5 inch) for their longer runs the relief valve shouldn't have to open up much there either. A bayco valve set to 15" or 16" is really there for those that use all two inch hose for hose runs of 150-200 feet or longer. Longer hose runs need more available lift than do shorter hose runs. A 300 foot run with 200 feet of 2.5 inch hose will not need as much help as a run of all two inch hose.

Using 4 to the door is much like using 2.5 inch hose. It is more popular now than it was two or three years ago. It keeps the lift needed to do a good job so that the relief valve is used less than it used to be to keep the TM system going smoothly.

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom