Your chance to own your very own Stanleymount!

Name
I'm Rick James
I never understood why SS has those school bus windows? Is it because they intend to hire incompetents that need better vision of their surroundings?

The insurance is cheaper for them because they use windowed vans.. the local SS is switching over to Chevy.. saw my first chevy SS van the other day. No windows.

They have thousands of employees, its tough to have everyone of them be a rockstar.. that is actually a very good company.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Did you say a very good company? Are you talking about their carpet cleaning skills? Please don't get me started. I worked there for 2 years and didn't know crap about proper cleaning. Is was all about the show and the sales.

Becker

Name
Becker
I think Brent means a good company. Just as McDonald's and Walmart are.

Are they fine restaurants or good high end retailers?

SS, coit or any other similar franchise cleaner must be filling a nitch in most cities because many hold a large market share.

Reactions: renegade_cowboy

Chris A

Name
Chris
From that article... "He said, 'Yeah, it's Upper Arlington colors.' He was still in that high-school way of thinking. I guess it's a good thing I didn't go to DeSales -- then we'd have purple and white trucks."

Yeah, who would do something like that, lol

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
A 56 blower? Why do they leave the carpets so wet?

I had a Steemer guy work for me about a month and he kept bringing the pressure up to 600 psi - he'd say it helps flush faster taught at SS

Maybe 56 blower is too strong - wand might suck too hard to the carpet not allowing air flow to help carry water out to truck

56 blower would be great with a nicely built wand - air vents that can't be choked by fibers

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I remember once, while working for SS in Rochester, NY, a lady told me she knew Stanley...looking for a deal :p. SS has a pay structure that makes it so a tech can make good $ if they up sell and bring in lots of $. It doesn't pay for a SS tech to dry stroke or do many of the things that cost a "good" cleaner time. They do fill a place in the market and probably aren't going anywhere. We can probably learn a lot from their marketing but they could learn a lot about cleaning by spending time here or on a van with a tech who is much more quality minded.

Russ

Name
I'm Rick James
I had a Steemer guy work for me about a month and he kept bringing the pressure up to 600 psi - he'd say it helps flush faster taught at SS

Maybe 56 blower is too strong - wand might suck too hard to the carpet not allowing air flow to help carry water out to truck

56 blower would be great with a nicely built wand - air vents that can't be choked by fibers

They run a 6 jet wand so 600 psi isn't that big of a deal spread out over 6 jets.

Name
I'm Rick James
Did you say a very good company? Are you talking about their carpet cleaning skills? Please don't get me started. I worked there for 2 years and didn't know crap about proper cleaning. Is was all about the show and the sales.

Yes a very good company.. of course its up to the technician if they want to do a good job are not.. I worked with many SS employees that took pride in what they did. They do in house certifications which is similar to the IICRC, so they do provide training.. but again it comes down to if the techs want to do it.

SS is a business, so yes it is about sales and there is nothing wrong with that. They also figured out you need to give the customer a good presentation/show, I am willing to bet SS vans are cleaner and show like quality vs many owner operators. They are a well oiled machine and of course you are going to get the bad techs, shit one guy that worked there when I did use to go through the womens panty drawer.. one guy was right out of prison for burglary.

Overall from a business point of view.. SS is one of the best ran companies in our industry and their market share proves this statement. I do think many O/O are jealous of their success, but I learned so much from them on how to run a business and it has helped me so much. If you look at SS with what they are doing right vs what some of the techs are doing wrong, everyone here can learn from them.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
I'm Rick James
I guess with a territory fleet of 20+ vans that could make sense.

They don't have 20 or so vans, they have thousands upon thousands of vans.. they went straight to ford and got a killer deal.

Smart if you think about it having windows.. less likely the tech will hit someone too because there is far less blind spots. I would say the average age group for SS employees is early to mid 20's.

Name
I'm Rick James
What is the average yearly take per van?

Back when I worked for them about ten years ago they were pulling in about $240,000 per van for the full time vans.. It was brought up in a meeting when corporate was visiting. I may be a little off, it was a long time ago and early in the morning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom