YOUR FAV FOR GUM REMOVAL

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
My salesperson landed a bowling alley full of gum (happy days). Yes, we're charging additionally for
gum removal.

Any new quick and nasty gum removal tips?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
a gum zinger.....

hummm who has a pic of it.....Ken raddon came up with it....

basiclly it is a tube cut at an angle with a jet angled as well.....if you got heat there you go

RickL

Doug Cox said:
DCS TROUNCE
X2!! I have a bunch of fitness centers I routimely clean that I swear people just spit it out on the carpet it's everywhere. The sidewalk outside is also a mess. I use the Cimex as these places are 24X7 and actually busy all hours. I have tried everything and Trounce is the best by far, I thought any VDS would work after using it but nothing has worked as well.
A lot easier with high heat then most any Gum Remover will work.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
A friend told me they use an electric drill with a wire brush bit at their ice skating rink.

Says it takes gum out in two seconds flat.

They use some sort of long bit attachment so they don't even have to bend over to remove gum

Go figure.

machinejjh

Until Ohio adopted California EPA standards, CitraQuik and a Carpet Shark is what we used. Switched to diluted CitraPro, but just not the same. Will have to try some of ideas here.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Any NVDS will work, but the key is to get the solvent under the gum spot. Most guys just flood the carpet with solvent, and that may be the quickest method when you have to deal with vast quantities of gum, but some carpets or installations don't take well to that. (If you're working with fewer spots use a marinade injector to squirt just a little solvent under each spot instead.)

We customized an old tool so that the vacuum slot would be perpendicular to the carpet in use, then aimed a jet toward the slot with about a two-inch gap between them. The hot water gets under the edge of the gum spot, peels it off the carpet and shoots it right into the vacuum slot. Slower than solvent but safer for some installations.

Our experience with gum grinders made us wary of using them on anything but carpet that couldn't be hurt by their aggressive agitation.

Name
Lee Stockwell
WD 40
Have used it for many years for gum tar and grease. No damage ever to carpet, despite "warnings" from chem salespeople and people who have never used it.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
imagesqtbnANd9GcQPzcdFAgi43BzWzRqKFvKND6srDljjb3QuePX8-8xfnizY2idD.jpg

and this

CA-GG-EA.jpg

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Geez Lee - I've tried the WD40 with mediocre results. It does shine for removing tape residues.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
pro solve gel put it on and cimex over it and its gone must leave sit on gum for 5 or 10 min
but it works guy

Jamesh921

Name
James
I"ve used Vacaway's Hel Gel and it barely softened the gum. It simply doesn't work in my experience.

CTI used to make a gum removing chem called Gum-B-Gone (sp). It was a clear gel with white crystals in it. That stuff would remove gum (big gobs of it) in less than 30 seconds.

But, they stopped selling it. I called and asked why and they said they changed the formula and the new stuff would work just as good.

I don't know if it does cause I've never used it. I just wish they'd go back to the stuff that I know worked so well. It was awesome.

Anybody else use that stuff?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
That's it.....squirt something on the GUM spot and grind it in with a cimex!

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
If you haven't tried Ultra Chems Clean, you should. youtube it. it really does work as advertised.

BTW I quit making those Gum Zingers. It was too much hassle for the income.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Goo Gone squirted on a towel. Rub spot and repeat til gone, then rinse. Gum getter works good with towel.

Old gum gets preheated with wand then the above.

Don't think there is anything that works as fast as we would like. the best tool for multiple gum removal is a hard working helper.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
BradFenstermaker said:
Don't think there is anything that works as fast as we would like. the best tool for multiple gum removal is a hard working helper.

Ain't dat da truff.

No matter how many different things you could try, it always comes down to just that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom