"Your hose burned my grass..."

Brian H

Name
Brian H
:eekk: Any time you cut across the grass you burned it.

It will come back if they water it or you get some rain. A week, or two and you'd never know.

I think it shocks it more than it kills it

With my extensive experience with that problem, I have found that it may damage the grass blades but the roots are usually fine. Water it and it will come back.

I had one many years ago where the homeowner insisted that we replace the sod in the area even though I told them it would look much better and match the rest of the lawn if he just watered it. We replaced the sod with the understanding that if we did we were not going to be responsible if the sod died. I cautioned the homeowner that he had to water it a lot for the first several weeks so that it would take hold. I happened to be in that neighborhood a few weeks later and the sod was dead and all dried out. :oldrolleyes:

glenboy

Name
GLEN
My buddies steamway roasted a ladies linoleum floor, left a 4 ft melt mark in the flooring...he had to replace all of it

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:eekk: Oh chit!

We had one in an old historic part of town where the homes are right on top of each other. The neighbor to where we cleaned called they next day claiming we dumped chems in his yard and it left a circle. :shifty: No chems were dumped, crop circle. It was spring and at that time was raining a couple of times a week. We were busy but told him we would get over and take a look at it later in the week.

Sure enough, a spot where the exhaust blows out. We called him and told him we couldn't make it out until the following week, dragging our feet a bit, calling him back the following week after it turned green again. He still asked to be compensated but there was no reason, it was green again and you couldn't see the spot any longer. :icon_neutral:

We did tell him if it became a problem later call us but of course the spring rains was in our favor and it never was an issue. Summer or fall would have been a problem.

Reactions: Jeremy N

harryhides

Name
Tony
I still don't think she believes me. I lie a LOT so its hard for her to tell when I'm really telling the truth.
She just assumes I'm always lying.......which I usually am. :biggrin: :lol:

So is this quote a lie or not?
I cannot tell . . . . . . .. .. . . . Perhaps a visit to bishop Bob's confessional is in order?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom