Your shop burns down, vans, equipment and every thing is toast....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
All tools and everything would stay the same......

I would keep the 570 in my van and keep that same set up

same box truck and set up...except I would replace the thermalwave with another 570.....

harryhides

Name
Tony
Good grief, Richard - Mexico is full of people that can shoot straight - you wouldn't last a week.
Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica or even Panama all have more folks that speak English than in Mexico.
The only problem with cashing out is that when you read the small print, you will find that if you cash out you'll only get 60% of the value of your destroyed stuff.
By re-building to my specs I got a much better deal.
Waldo and a few other vultures were annoyed that I did not give them any of my smoke damaged equipment.

View attachment 1652

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The only problem with cashing out is that when you read the small print, you will find that if you cash out you'll only get 60% of the value of your destroyed stuff.

That's ****ed up Tony. It gives you no incentive at all, to buy matches!

Oh be quiet Richard. For heavens sake. For once, just brave it. Go out of the office and git yourself a small chickit :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Rug shops burn down in Vancouver also.:winky: :stir:

Are we talking rug or carpet cleaning shops??

I'd stay where I am, and get another woman. :bull:

:very_drunk:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
This one hits home:

My father's cleaning company had a fire in 1971. He lost everything and wasn't properly insured.

If it weren't for the late Bob Hughes, who was just starting Chemspec, and Jim Roden, the founder of Prochem, who just passed away last month, we'd never have made it.

He chose to rebuild his business in a new way, left the franchise he was in, started training, and started our supply business.

Looking back, he still thinks it was the best thing that could have happened. At the time, of course, it was terribly traumatic. The fact that at the age of 11, I had no real idea of how bad it was speaks volumes about his character.

Great exercise, Mikey. Its fun (and instructive) to ponder what you might do differently in your business from a "set up point of view"

Its critical to make sure you are insured properly too!

harryhides

Name
Tony
What caused the fire Tony? I mean what did the inspectors think...cough...cough caused it? .:eekk:..

Well Ummm thanks for question Richard.
The fire inspectors believe that the fire started inside my box-truck that had a massive 500k BTU heater, diesel powered TM with an "electric" tricked out, hose reel. The hose reel wiring must have heated up enough to start a small fire inside the back of the truck.

Technician, who was a burrito eating smoker must have neglected to switch off the power hose reel, came back to the shop around 2.00 am, approx an hour before the 10 firetrucks showed up and called me at 3.00am.
Wooden interior of the truck lit up and spread the flames to the adjoining wall and once it got from the wall up into the tar n gravel roof it became an inferno.
The garages visible behind the burnt garage/shop area in the picture above was where all of my residential trucks were parked were unaffected and so we were able to continue working the next day.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Amazing, what about your records, how were you able to operate?

Was this prior to your having files on all of us? You didn't lose Jimmy's file did you? All that history with all of his psychiatrists. I mean he even drove a few of them nutz just studying him.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Well when Tonys great business adventure of picking up sofas and taking back them to the shop to clean didnt lead to millions......well it ended up like this......"Son go get a match you know where the gasoline is" Tony will be a great leader for the iirc. Tony would you share some of the sex parties the iirc had on our dime?

Golden Boy

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Not to worry Marty. He's high tech enough to run our website and email marketing, but absolutely averse to Skype, Facebook, and anything else that he feels wastes his time.

He doesn't suffer fools gladly...which makes me wonder why he tolerates me

Mikey P

Administrator
Mike, why don't you answer your own question.

lol...I suppose I should.

I would buy a gas cab over like I have now with two slide (or a big ass unit if I can find a real testimonial of dual wanding being pulled off) in units and a box van with a slide in unit as well. I just can't make up my mind on what manufacture I would go with in my present location. The nearest dealer I have and trust is well over an hours drive away so I need something I feel comfortable working on.

Tool wise it would be much of what I have now, Ti wands, HOSS', Lots of fans to leave behind, PC and SS hand tools, Turbo Hybrids and hopefully all these damn useless cleaning samples I have would burn up too.

Mikey P

Administrator
I came out of the Skype closet long ago Merty.

all the hot air in there tends to make for a weak chin.

and this noggin needs a firm foundation to put up with the likes of you.

Mikey P

Administrator
you?

Fred and I keep him away, I see him all over the bottom feeder forum that you and you alone make slightly interesting..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom