your significant other

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Oh hell no.....she stays away from my steering wheel and I stay away from here desk......she has her part of the company to run and I have mine...

life works out better that way....

Braden bell

Name
Braden bell
Every day. Janitorial. Vct and carpet cleaning. 5 to 7 days a week for over a decade now. People always make comments about it like how do you do that. Being good at getting along is easy. Being good at fighting is the real secret

Reactions: John Olson

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
When she was a girlfriend she worked in the back in the fire cleanup. She was between jobs and I quickly pushed her to find employment else where. She was young, immature and little respect for authority (me).

She is much mature now but she is also very stubborn. I love that woman to death....and if she came back to work, it just might be...
:winky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: A.J.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
My wife helps me do a ton of stuff. We work together really well for the last 20 years.

Reactions: jcooper
Name
Lee Stockwell
Theresa helped me on jobs since shortly after we were married in 1971. She was 17, I was 19, it was an adventure.

There were times the "work truck" doubled as the family vehicle. A new 76 Chevy van had a bed in the back over the machine (all electric) that our two little boys inhabited on an occasional family work trip. (Prior to good sense and child seats). By our 10th anniversary, and 5 little red heads, it was not possible for her to be on the job, and our business had grown to where she needed to be in the office. She did an awesome job, to the point where she even spoke in front of 700 at an industry convention on balancing biz and family responsibilities.

Thru the 80's and 90's she was the first impression of our small business, she seems to be friends with everyone in town. However she always wanted to do a few more things, and technology made that possible. As we've simplified OUR life and helped the kids as well, some work went to the boys and Theresa has been freed from the load she carried so well for the first 40 years...and she's been good at that too. I think she works harder than ever, but on things she loves.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mine has and does at times,

But right now she helps with office,

Runs the company day care (babysits the grandsons)

Answers the phones, does scheduling, keeps the solicitors at bay..

and can run a wand, a zipper....

With her bit of experience in the field she can help answer customers questions .

2015-02-19 13.46.55.jpg

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
No way I want to do that..

She knows almost nothing about the everydays of this business.

I don't want her involved. I don't want her to take on any of the stress the business causes.

She works at home raising the boys and running the house.

Reactions: hogjowl

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
My wife has been on a total of maybe 3 jobs, all in the first year or so just to show her what goes on.

She(Molly) has always been involved somewhat, at least in major decisions. She should be - it's her biz also. All I have to say is it will make my job easier and shes on board. Which is the opposite of me, I'm a saver.

For about the last two years she has TAKEN over the phone and scheduling for us(thank god), I really don't have to talk with anyone or sell anything, just focus on the client at hand. She does it ALL, getting the pricing out of my hands was huge for us. It's been great.

She's stubborn(wont use my phone script:evil:) and will on occasion make shat up while giving a phone quote.

By our 10th anniversary, and 5 little red heads,
OMG...... Five of them!? I married one!:rockon:

Nice post, Lee.

Reactions: Able 1

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
My wife has her own career at Penn State University in Administration.

For our 3 businesses I manage each of them and ensure accounts receivables are complete. Kim handles accounts payable and nearly all QB entry.

We make decisions on big purchases together and I always keep her informed on monthly reporting and how well each of them are doing.

It works well that she is involved, has insight to what's going on and is willing to be part of the process.

At home the only running she does is before work at 5am training for 26.2 mile Marathons!

FB_IMG_1427202200566.jpg
FB_IMG_1427202311803.jpg

Last edited:
Name
Steve Lawrence
There were times the "work truck" doubled as the family vehicle. A new 76 Chevy van had a bed in the back over the machine (all electric) that our two little boys inhabited on an occasional family work trip.

OMG, Lee, for a second, while reading that sentence, I thought you were going to say your two little boys were conceived on that "bed", LOL.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It's not healthy for women to work outside of the home.

I give your poor wife a ton of credit putting up with you the times she has to in the evenings and on your day off.....the poor woman would probably jump out of a moving van if she had to spend the entire day with you......

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
It's not healthy for women to work outside of the home.
Amen. I use to think my dad was crazy for thinking like that. Now I get it. He's been married for 40yrs, I'm divorced. Dad knew what was up...

Well if I get married I'll bring her to work just every once in a while to the really really bad days of work so she thinks its like that every day I work without her. She'll be more inclined to give that foot rub when I get home that way haha.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
You know what..? I'd love to have an extra 3-4 grand a month that she could bring home... But: at what cost?

Will my 5 and 2 year old boys be raised by a - more then likely - foreigner woman? Will they start imitating that woman's personality? Etc etc..

I firmly believe that a woman with kids has got the most important job- raise, support, teach, discipline the kids. Get them ready for life. And not just hand the kids down to a daycare or nanny because mommy needs to work to be able to pay for the nicer house and the more expensive suv and all the extra nonsense to fit in with the "in crowd "..

Reactions: Mikey P and A.J.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
And before you bring up the "what about the single woman with kids....?"

Yes I know it's not always the best case scenario in every family to have a fully in tact father mother kids triangle. Everyone needs to do their best.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My wife stayed at home with our kids until the twins went to middle school. By then she was bored and spent too much time shopping and gossiping. She needed to rejoin the work force! :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: A.J.

Mike Draper

MY wife worked with me the first couple years of our business until she was 7 months pregnant. It was great and people loved it. We received a lot of tips, gifts etc. LAst Saturday I needed her help on a job. First time she has helped me in 7 years. It was great. I wish she could work with me everyday.

Able 1

Name
Keith
As of 6 months or so mine has been answering my phone and doing all the office stuff.. I have no clue how I did everything for so long! I do need to get another phone for my friends (right now it's just forwarded to her phone). I love not hearing my phone ring all day, while I'm trying to clean!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom