Your Suggestions/Thoughts Appreciated

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Well, as most of you know I have been researching for my next tm. I have been wanting to expand my concrete cleaning services (or add ons) to some of my restaurant clients. I recieved a call today from one of my former managers that now works at a large chain restaurant wanting a bid on concrete cleaning on front and back pads, dumpster area etc. A total of around 4,000 sf.
Lots of questions:
#1 How would you go about pricing, by the sf or by the job/hour?
This particular unit will do this cleaning bi-weekly, previous cleaner basically did an ok job but trashed out their grease pit area on last clean so they fired him, they showed me the mess they made and I would have fired him also.
#2 What is the name/company that makes a piece of equipment that is much like a turbo but bigger and maybe on wheels? Does this piece also extract?
#3 Would you try to use existing equipment or would you invest in a hot water pressure washing system. (I have an opportunity to land as many as 5-10 of these units.) ie, my Vortex gets really hot but it won't sustain the heat at 200-250 like an aerotech, if you are using a turbo it will level out at 180 or so and that's not quite enough to bust out the grease. I also had a previous tech that power washes and they use a substance/chorine type powder that they buy at a pool supply house and he says they apply it let it dwell and use realtively low pressure to rinse off.

Note: I clean sidewalks and front and back pads occassionly now, but the last time I gave a dumpster area a whirl I said never again. However, since this place cleans bi-weekly once I get it clean then I think it would be rather simple to maintain.

Since, this is a direction or service I want to add in the future, as well as garage floor cleaning, front and back sidewalks etc. I want to invest in the best equipment for the job.

Open to all suggestions and feedback please

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Billy, you will find the best answer(s) from the pressure washing forum.

http://www.ptstate.com/

One place you can call and see what they'd recommend you is Pressure Tek, great support and they own that message board. http://www.pressuretek.com/

I ordered my flow switch for my diesel heater from them, very fast shipping.

Bill

Bob Foster

You are way better to use separate equipment for a multitude of reasons.

You will probably want to run 3 to 4 gal per minute and psi of up to 3500.

You don't have that capacity to do that with a TM. Diesel burners are common forms of heat and they have black iron coils usually to take the pressure. Theses tend to be higher maintenance items.

Also you will find a lot of discouraging messes around compactors and waste disposal areas that will really add to your time on these jobs. I highly doubt they will accept an hourly bid and them wanting to see you hourly quote might well be to see if they are paying you too much in their eyes or the want to break down the cost components on each site in order to judge other bids.

I would give them a individual location bid and state the costs of extras per hour such as cleaning up garbage and boxes of crap around your service areas that were not supposed to be there and are not part of your contract. As part of charging this extra when you come across them you will send a digital picture of the reason for the up-charge.

If you have to do water recovery it takes this thing to triple the cost.

There are lots of good pressure washer parts vendors and just like TM parts vendors there are some real good ones and there are some crooks. If you get seriously in to this side it is absolutely imperative you learn how to fix these machines yourself. A good 1 ton flatbed with a 200 gallon loaf tank on the back of it with some head ache lockers is a good set up.
truck.jpg

The machine you are taking about for the concrete that looks like our tile turbos comes in many flavors. The cheapie is called a Whirlaway. It has to have wheels the brush ones are NFG.

http://www.ultimatewasher.com/pressure- ... ers.htm#18

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Billy;

I would think the Vortex pump system should be able to supply the high GPM required for this job.

What is the max GPM rating for the pump you have ?

The question will be the amount of heat you can get for the quantity of water required.

You will probably need a spinner with one of these ceramic multi-jet nozzles for the dumpster area and gum stains:
Gum%20Remover%201.jpg

http://ccs5.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=4942

Water recovery can be also done by the Vortex.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom