your van might be overloaded if

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
both rear leaf springs are broken

IMAG0628.jpg

IMAG0630.jpg

think i'm gonna install a 6 inch lift (front and rear) and some 33" tires when i do repairs. 8)

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I had a suspension shop add an extra leaf to these springs about 5 years ago when i installed the Thermalwave 5m.

guess i should've had them add 2 extra leafs.

I'm gonna see about installing front and rear axles off an F350 into my E150.

That should fix it good!!!

Got the idea from Jimbo's thread the other day about 4x4 box trucks.

Thanks Jimbo! shiteatinggrin you're a bad influence man :lol: :lol:

Here's a pic of the ride height i'm after:
We'll see...
lifted-ford-truck-003.jpg

Bob Foster

George III said:
both rear leaf springs are broken

IMAG0628.jpg

IMAG0630.jpg

think i'm gonna install a 6 inch lift (front and rear) and some 33" tires when i do repairs. 8)

Careful messing with overall tire diameters George. The gears torque and tranny on those POS underpowered UDs are already pushing their limits.

Just replace the leaf and stuff an extra one in there and you'll be good. An extra leaf will raise the ass end of that thing 3 or 4 inches. If not you can also re-arc them and that helps too.

And while farting around down there change out the rear axle bearings and seals because with all the max out loads its been carrying it probably could use it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I broke a leaf in my old truck. All I heard was this clang and saw metal laying on the road behind me.
Took it into a local shop that deals with a lot of off road 4X4's. They not only put in new springs but also the extra unloader spring. Never had a problem after that and the ride was immensely improved.

Of course now days you can put in airbags that will hold 5000lbs a side and the ride is really bouncy when I hit those bumps. Sure makes for a more comfortable ride and better handling

Jimbo

Here's one I will sell you, George..1999 F350 QUIGLEY 4x4 Van...you don't want to build one yourself...

you can buy this one for $9,800...

DSCN0400.jpg

DSCN0401.jpg

DSCN0402.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

Don't buy any other brand of 4x4 van...I have owned most of the other brands...and QUIGLEY is head and shoulders above the rest when it comes to knowing what parts they used on EACH van...that really helps when ordering repair parts down the road.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
One other point on oversize tires.

They can throw your speedo out by miles, letting the cops give you more speeding tickets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom