Zerorez

Name
I'm Rick James
Its accurate if someone wants to believe it.

We got a local guy who markets his business the same exact way.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
okkk ill read some of the other stuff in a sec...

but

High PH is what kills bacteria and such????.....all this time i thought it was more then that...

Because of the alkaline content, sodium hydroxide is a strong skin irritant, making it necessary to handle the product with great care during commercial use.

Household cleaners for carpeting and tile may also have some trace amounts of the compound as well. The actual amount used in these types of products is very little, making it highly unlikely that contact with the skin will result in some type of irritation.
so trace amounts or else it will do a whammy on ya....so is it cleaning or not???

In many areas of the world, the compound is mixed with water and used to dissolve the carcasses of animals after all usable parts are harvested for production of food products for humans or animals.

Drain cleaners often make use of the compound, as it will help dissolve clogs with relative ease. The chemical also helps to bleach pulp to a pristine white, making it essential to the production of many paper products.

I mean i know it depends on the concentration...but still, they bag on "other" cleaners, when lookie the shit theres can do :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I'm not sure how Zero Rez creates their solutions.. if they do stock solutions back at their shop or what... but the fundamental concept of being able to create a cleaning solution from water by simply performing electrosis in the presence of a doped sodium anode would be safer for cleaning technicians if it was happening in the truck before it was used. As long as it was ionized correclty, it would dissosciate after coming in contact with acidic soiling, creating free rinsing salts and water. However i doubt they have the technology on board their trucks to create the volume of "empowered water" needed for Hot Water extraction. The systems seem to work ok in the tennant machines, and the activeion spayers. Granted they do say they have low pressure cleaning.. so I guess they could have a machine like that onboard. It just wouldn't be feasible for most of us.

Edit: After reading the website about the parent company, they have two types of alkaline "empowered water" Primacide A, Primacide B. Zero Rez uses Primacide B.. It apparently has a longer ionic life. But to me if it remains in the ionic state longer.. that means potentially if its left behind it could take a while to ionize and return to a normal water state.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
It’s for real.

Venturi who gave Vortex their big break with large orders, used electrolysised water. It is very high pH that self neutralizes. And in fact if you’ve seen an old Venturi machine, there is usually a lot of corrosion. A buddy of mine bought/sold some of the units, and the cost to repair them was so high that Venturi had been using them without heat exchangers. Zerorez used Kero burners.

Thx,
Dale

Tom Mock

I am going to be starting as a tech with Zerorez here in Des Moines next week. After talking to the boss at the interview, I learned that they use a machine at the shop to produce the water they use in the trucks. As has been stated in other threads, the water is very alkaline. About 12ph. One byproduct of the process is an acidic water that they use for treating pet stains. They do use a powdered citrus prespray prior to cleaning.

The equipment they use is a Hydramaster CDS. Hydramaster is producing the trucks with different plumbing to handle the alkaline water. The wand being used is a Hydramaster evolution, 2".

Every cleaning company needs to find a niche to make themselves standout against the competition. One way Zerorez does this is by using the radio as a stream of advertising as well as the no residue approach.

Having my own business I know that most chems used properly in the cleaning process leave little if any residue. Some guys I have heard use RO water instead of any rinses. This is a similar idea, but with a different process to convert the water. From what I understand some guys from the company that manufactures the water machine started using their water to clean carpeting. A franchise was spun off from that.

I have yet to see the process at work myself. But if it lives up to the claims of their advertising, I will certainly post pics.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Dale said:
It’s for real.

Venturi who gave Vortex their big break with large orders, used electrolysised water. It is very high pH that self neutralizes. And in fact if you’ve seen an old Venturi machine, there is usually a lot of corrosion. A buddy of mine bought/sold some of the units, and the cost to repair them was so high that Venturi had been using them without heat exchangers. Zerorez used Kero burners.

Thx,
Dale
That makes total sense given what I read. NaOH is highly corrosive.
Creating NaOH is supposed to give off a lot of heat so the process could make heating the water easier, apparently there is enough to boil water.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
my question is how is the high PH created?? is a chemical added?? and if a citrus prespray is used how is that any different than how us guys clean.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Doc Holliday said:
Wouldn't the high PH void all manufacturers warranties? :shock:

It depends on how long it stays at a high pH and what kind of buffering is maintained. If its a true ionization... then it would neutralize very quickly... but I have my doubts about that.. seeing as they make it back at the shop for a stock solution.

Of the overall pH of the carpet was still high when it was almost dry.. I'd be betting that warranty had flew out the window.

And the funny thing.... they are CRI approved! :twisted:

Name
I'm Rick James
I heard "blessed" water from a religious leader is far better than anything on the market.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ron Werner said:
The pH is created when the sodium breaks a water molecule to create sodium hydroxide,
Na + H2O = NaOH + H(positive charged)

Mixing Sodium and water can be explosive

They aren't breaking the water molecule with sodium.. They are performing electrolosis to break apart the water molecule into oxygen and hydrogen and then introducing table salt. NaCl to the equation. The sodium breaks apart and bonds with One oxygen and one hydrogen to form NaOH, while the extra Hydrogen and oxygen react with the Chloride to form Hydrochloric acid. They Chlorine is drawn to the postive side while the sodium is drawn to the postive side. You get an acid and an alkaline from these two.

The acid is Primacide A. the alkaline is Primacide B.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I don't know of any ZR up here in Canada.
I suppose its another company like Citruso is, one more interested in selling franchises. They only real thing they have to sell is the "special" solution

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
In an industry that is unlicensed and unregulated it's a moot point as to who's accurate and who's full of hype (we're probably the poster child for disfunctional bs). Money talks and bs walks and this business is no different then any other hot dog stand; it's about top line revenue less expenses.

SDSinc

I looked into buying a zr franchise a couple of years ago. Like all franchises it's not cheap...but I think it's more expensive then the other cause they make you buy the contraption to make the special sauce....to rich for my blood.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
With that high a pH is no surprise that it cleans well.

buying the "contraption" would be like paying for your chems all up front. Just have to save up to replace all the parts that get corroded

Carpet

What a wonderful video sharing from yours about "Zerorez carpet"! I like your post very much because I want to get carpet of O2 companies. Thanks for your nice sharing.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'm going to start using a cup of ammonia (12+) in my tm jug soon.

It self nuetralizes too.

:shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom