Zip Walls

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
you mean for when i'm sanding carpet, to prevent fibers from settling all over the home?

thanx --- Derek.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
that is what I use them for also, boy the sander really cleans them out

troypattee

Zip Walls are ridiculously overpriced, but I couldn't live without them. Actually, I could--but it would cost me a lot of duct tape and time.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Re:

Jeff Ellis said:
I got a call from these guys today and thought i'd share.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F2ddhgUQwxg

What would be the benefit of this?

Purchase more and more strips every time you need to block off your work area

Just go get some cargo jacks like they use in semi trailers and you can use them over and over and over again. You can also get them cheap.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
esteamclean said:
has anyone tried just poles for window cleaning... that what i thought i might try

no, but we've used paint poles with doodle bug or drywall sanding attachments in a pinch

the drywall sanding blocks that attach to poles already have a foam pad on them.
Doodle bugs (the things used to scrub VCT tile along the edges) just need any ole scrub pad on them.

Quality professional paint poles aren't cheap though.
So if we needed zip walls more often than once in a blue moon, I'd probably just buy the real thing

if the window cleaning poles are light wt aluminum, I guess they "might" work in a pinch.
but I have no experience with them.

The only zip wall poles I've seen personally utilize the same fiberglass pole as our paint poles.
The difference is in the rubber padded aluminum foot ends

..L.T.A.

R

R W

Larry....looks like a trip to Harbor Freight is in order. I'm sure they gots some type of cargo poles available.

LeeCory

Zipwalls are wonderful and the way to go if you want to create a barrier. I use them for sectioning off rooms in water damage situations or making drying chambers. It's also very nice to be able to put a zipper down the middle to make a way to get in and out.

Of course I tried to be "cheap" at first and got some extendable poles and rubber sanding blocks. LOL, you should have seen me try to make that mess work. You cannot get them tight enough, and there is no way to make them "hold" the plastic. I returned the poles....

If you need something like this, save yourself the effort and go with the real deal and get the Zipwall. While it may seem overpriced, it actually works well and saves tons of effort.

I got the Zipwall 4 pack plus with foamrails and love it.

John Olson had a good deal on it a while back... Or you can pick them up at your local Sherwin Williams paint store.

The "Smartseal" above also looks good....

You WILL be much happier if you purchase a product that is designed for the purpose rather than trying to "rig" something up yourself. And good extension poles and sanding blocks are not cheap anyway.

Good luck...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I still have the "good Deal" 260 delivered for the 4pack plus (lower 48 only)

All the other Zipwall products are 20% off until the end of feb. as well

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom