Zipper FAQS

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I'm looking into a zipper in the spring, how much stuff builds up on the inside of the jet area?
how are your glides wearing?
how often are you changing the glides?
who makes the glides for it?
are you getting hair hangers on the inside of the head in the vac side?
how much does one weigh?
do you feel you use more or less water than wanding?
how long does the valve for the trigger last with high temps?
what grade of aluminum are they made out of?
how thick is the anodize?
does the anodize scratch easily?
what colors are available?
what flow are you running?

Saiger?

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm looking into a zipper in the spring, how much stuff builds up on the inside of the jet area? Plenty if you dont stay on it if you use a slot glide, not so much with holes
how are your glides wearing? Average cleaner gets 1.5 years
how often are you changing the glides? maybe two years
who makes the glides for it? Lisa
are you getting hair hangers on the inside of the head in the vac side? Yes, with the Slotted glide
how much does one weigh? 34 for the 13, 36 for the 15
do you feel you use more or less water than wanding? more, depending on jetting, you know key forward
how long does the valve for the trigger last with high temps? no failures yet.very few rejects
what grade of aluminum are they made out of? 6061
how thick is the anodize? 1 mil on head, 2 mil on lid
does the anodize scratch easily? no
what colors are available? gun metal grey/clear/silver, black, blue,green, purple,pink,
what flow are you running? most run 12, some drop to 9 in winter with big trucks/1200

Saiger?

Erik on mikey's PC

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
12 flow all the time....

Always run hole glides in the back....

Been running hybrid a lot lately in the front....less hair clogging....less wand chatter on some carpets

Sometimes hole in the front too...

Some super trashed restaurant work, slot in the front....but if get cheap carpet and bad wand chatter...hybrid...

I've got some nicks in my hard anodizing already....dang kids!

Would I ever be without a Zipper....NEVER!!! :evil: :rockon:

You could probably run over it with a truck...and it would hurt the truck! But don't run over you Zipper :)

Would I be without an RE (Rotovac)? Never!!!

Got to have access to the right tool at the right time!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not only that.
I also assume that Scott (and others) want to learn from somebody that actually uses the tool (even though Eric has always been a straight shooter).

Opinions from people like Mark, etc. who actually use it daily.
And or from estimated sources like say, Richard, who have an opinion because they saw a picture of it once, in a far flung trade show :winky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken Clean

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
m looking into a zipper in the spring, how much stuff builds up on the inside of the jet area? Nothing, I don't clean it

how are your glides wearing? I'm on 2nd set on my 13" . They lasted about a year

are you getting hair hangers on the inside of the head in the vac side? Yes on the slot.

how much does one weigh? Nothing, my helper carries it. It is heavy but you only carry it in and out.

do you feel you use more or less water than wanding ? I use more water

how long does the valve for the trigger last with high temps? I ordered a replacement after the valve was about 2 years old. It just drips but works perfect.

what grade of aluminum are they made out of? Grey.

what flow are you running? 3 gallons a minute, the limit of the 1/4" hose.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Darnit! I just posted a whole long comment in another thread about this!
I use the Zipper a lot. Mine is a beautiful deep pink color...matches my glasses and sneakers, one must accessorize!
The Zipper is very easy to use, it does take some adjusting as to technique, but once you get the feel for it you can't go back! It saves so much back and shoulder strain it is a lifesaver for me.
It is not heavy, although a little heavier than a wand, but the weight doesn't matter because it glides so easily on all carpet types. and your not picking it up with each stroke.
The dry times are amazing! And I mean amazing, which does mean that your recovery tank will fill up faster. But thats a good thing!
Typical PSI is 500 to 600 depending on what you are cleaning. It really flushes the carpet so well, you will be shocked!
It is a very strong and well built tool, I was shocked at the quality. It could definitely take a beating, but its so beautiful, if you are anything like me, you will baby the hell out of it! I use it everyday but it still looks brand new because i constantly clean it and am careful not to scratch it. I like my equipment to look new and shiny as long as possible.
It comes set up for a lefty but it takes 5 easy minutes to switch over to righty...It is very easy to work on and work with.
You can adjust the height easily according to carpet types to ensure proper water recovery.
It comes with 2 weights that you can use according to what you are comfy with. Im just now starting to use the weights for the commercial carpets, none for the residential, unless its a low pile carpet I will use one weight.
Hope this answers some of your questions....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not only that.
I also assume that Scott (and others) want to learn from somebody that actually uses the tool (even though Eric has always been a straight shooter).

Opinions from people like Mark, etc. who actually use it daily.
And or from estimated sources like say, Richard, who have an opinion because they saw a picture of it once, in a far flung trade show :winky:
We own two of them my brother from different mother. :winky:

Reactions: ruff

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
how hard is it to switch glides on the zipper?

Take the ends off... Little screw in end of each Teflon edge holder. You will need a wood dowel rod and hammer to pound it out when debris gets in them... I take and put WD 40 or similar on the Glides when putting back in.... And I need to pull them out more about than I do

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
video?

Mikey P

Administrator
Yesterday I asked Ely why he doesn't use the Zipper in residential as much as team Sanger does..

"We have way more suction than they do", was his answer...

What do you think Mark?

Then he said " oh btw, I really love that swivel wand, will you please get a second one..."

So, team Satan uses the Zipper just like Erik does, giant residential rooms and any commercial we don't Mex.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Yesterday I asked Ely why he doesn't use the Zipper in residential as much as team Sanger does..

"We have way more suction than they do", was his answer...

What do you think Mark?

Then he said " oh btw, I really love that swivel wand, will you please get a second one..."

So, team Satan uses the Zipper just like Erik does, giant residential rooms and any commercial we don't Mex.

If he uses it more he might get in shape :)

Suck it up butter cup... (Jk)

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Erik sends a dowel with the Zipper and there is a video on how to do it as well...Everything is very easy to do!

Zipperwand.com

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
What does having more suction have to do with using a Zipper or not?
Fantastic dry times are not the only purpose or advantage of it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom