Zipper Jr.- Residential

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
The smaller wand looks nicer for resi. I'm a little seasick from watchin the video though...

randy

Name
Randy
Erik said:
Sorry, i'm not a very good camera man.

You don't need to be, it's quite obvious you have an industry changing tool there, Erick.
If I owned Rotovac , sold Drymaster , RX-20's or any of the other attempts at an "easier than a wand" tools I would be worried. Actually if I was rotovac I would sell the company while it's worth something.

This tool will end up killing off a bunch of "power wands" that should have been retired years ago.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The Asian Sensation!! said:
Nice. How well does it work up against tight corners and walls??

I tested it in Nashville, it's spray pattern is like my Ti wand but it has two GGs. You can see the underside in Erik's avatar.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Probably no better than my Titanium wand on my Vortex.

However, I still think I might like the tool cuz it may save me some time.

His stroke was too long in the video and his back is going to go in time. I know, mine already has.

Another question. Do you have to have both hands on the handle of it, or can you key it and push it with one hand if you want to?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Marty, the dry times are much better than a titanium wand with or without a glide. The reason for this is you're cleaning and drying on the forward and backward stroke, and if you do a dry pass you need to realize you are going over the carpet twice. Dry times are half of what they are using a titanium wand. I also use a titanium wand and a vortex, and yes you can pull the trigger with one hand while controlling your hose with the other hand. This unit can be switched from right side to left side. Go to our website and it may explain all of this a little better for you. What you see is what you get, and it does dry the carpet very well.

Thanks,
Erik

hogjowl

Idiot™
Don't stress Eric. When I said probably no better than my Titanium wand and the Vortex I was using that as a compliment. I get 1.5 hour drying times. Your tool looks great and I want one.

I just can't pay for it.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
hogjowl said:
Probably no better than my Titanium wand on my Vortex.

However, I still think I might like the tool cuz it may save me some time.

His stroke was too long in the video and his back is going to go in time. I know, mine already has.

Another question. Do you have to have both hands on the handle of it, or can you key it and push it with one hand if you want to?

It's a two hand machine; it has wheels on the back; you operate it like an RX20 or a gas lawn mower. Once you become familiar with it's operation I am certain it would be about 20 to 30 percent faster than your Ti wand especially in a large open area. Conceivably you would never let up on the wand valve cleaning forward and back. I think the limiting factor would be the capability of the TM to keep up the heat nonstop. Most HX units are designed for keying only half the time.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I have to disagree about dry times. You are spliting the the vac in half. Comparing the same machine, the dry times can't be the same or better.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Erik,

On your home page, it shows you cleaning the red commercial glue down in the restaurant. I noticed crums on the floor(or maybe it was the camera angle) and your tech pre spraying behind you. Some guys don't prevac, some do, we all do. Can you skip steps using your tools and still get great results after it dries? I'm trying to learn and I'd rather skip steps if they are not necessary, and I can still get the good results if not better. Right now we pre vac, pre scrub w/ cimex w/ strong prespray(grease eraser, powermax, citrus, etc), hwe w/ Ti wand, and sometimes post pad. As you can see, it takes a very long time and we need at least 2 guys on the job. Can we save time, money, and possibly reduce our equipment for restaurant cleanings by using your tool? If we can decrease at least 1 or 2 steps, we might be able to do 2 facilities a night instead of 1 a night. With the process we currently do it takes us 3-4 hours for a 3-5k square feet restaurant, w/ 2 guys, resty moves the furniture. The pre-vac and cimex takes the most amount of time.

Thanks,

Bill

Name
Steve Lawrence
It sure seems adequate but I'll take my glided RX-20's over it for ease of use and more agitation and repeated flushings.

Name
Nate W.
Lyman said:
I have to disagree about dry times. You are spliting the the vac in half. Comparing the same machine, the dry times can't be the same or better.

I've asked the question before but never did get an answer. If only xxx amount of cfm's can flow through a glided wand, does it actually increase the cfm's having 2 glided heads touching the carpet?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I would like to see some actual data for dry times with this wand using your average TM with a #4 blower compared to glided wands

Has anyone purchased one yet and had better dry times and faster production than a regular wand?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
What is the reason for a holed glide on the back side, and a slotted glide on the front?

Is it critical?

Nate said:
I've asked the question before but never did get an answer. If only xxx amount of cfm's can flow through a glided wand, does it actually increase the cfm's having 2 glided heads touching the carpet?
Lyman said:
The vacuum should be better than a single glided wand, especially if you are using a big blower, hence better dry times, although I've not had any problems with dry times for years.

You'll soon see a wand with 2 glides on it.

So I have to ask the question, "How do you feel after cleaning 20 rooms in a day with that, as opposed to cleaning 20 rooms in a day using a 2" tubed wand with a single glide"?

Mike Draper

hogjowl said:
Don't stress Eric. When I said probably no better than my Titanium wand and the Vortex I was using that as a compliment. I get 1.5 hour drying times. Your tool looks great and I want one.

I just can't pay for it.

1.5 hour dry times with that ooooold fashioned 2" hose on an oldy goldy V? b b b b b b b b buuuuulllshi!!!!!! Maybe in the middle of the summer

lance

Erik, i like the Sr. better than the Jr. You could have used that since the place was empty. But with furniture in the way and stuff, i think a Ti or Quadjet can do a good job of cleaning and drying.

I it took you a lot of work to get your Zipper to market.....congrats on your success.

Why do guys think that a regular or glided RX gives any agitation to the carpet? If you want real agitation, use a crb or op machine. Then high-flow rinse everything out. Have you ever seen this combo? I have and it is great.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Nate The Great said:
Lyman said:

Nate,

That is a very good question and from what I'm told a glided 14" wand, hole or slotted, can only pull anywhere between 130-140 cfm. Through a 2" hose, you can only pull 300 cfm. So, on most truck mounted carpet cleaning machines, your vacuum relief valve is almost always opening. That's why it is very important to have an adjustment for the carpet and padded situation you are working with. This will always be a problem with a wand with two vacuum ports. As the operator is able to lift one port off of the ground by dipping or raising the wand, therefore allowing the vacuum to take the path with least resistance and diminishing the vacuum in the port. Both ports of the Zipper are always on the carpet at all times. This is the main reason for the non-fixed handle.

I am no engineer by any means, I just know that the product does work. You get less back fatigue and increased productivity. Also, there is a 2 week money back guarantee...try it out for yourself. Your have nothing to lose!

We are doing a hotel restaurant tonight, I'm going to try to video tape it using the wand and the Zipper and you will see the difference. This is one carpet that does not clean well with the wand.

lance

A glided Ti wand can pull approx. 220 cfm thru itself. With two glides, the 2 inch tube becomes the choke point.

I think the Zipper would reach it's "potential" with 2.5 inch hose. That way 450 cfm could pass thru and it would act just like dual wanding does. If you have a TM with 800 to 900 cfm and 2.5 inch hose, you could "dual zipper" a commercial job very easily. Now that would make you some real good money.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I've watched video's of that machine before. I have no interest in it personally. If you were doing a large open space using hwe then it might be useful. For doing residential carpets the walking forward and back motion would wear me out. It can't be used like a wand by using arms to propel if forward. It also would be hard to use it around furniture and such. I have never used one, just my observation.

Name
Nate W.
Hey Erik, since the top plate of the Jr is removable, is it possible to get it in 2.5" port? For all the naysayers? :lol:

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Anything is possible, are you saying run a 2.5 all the way to the tool?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I would imagine it would be wicked, but could someone deal with it?

lance

Oh thanks alot Nate. I didn't know you are in charge of the vulenteer brigade. somewhat amus

I still think the big Zipper is great for commercial with a 2.5 inch connection.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom