Zipper

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I taxied back through as many Zipper threads that I could absorb. I saw it at the Fest this year and it had a newer style vertical handle.

Past threads indicate it was sold to a franchise but now it's for sale. That must have been a short honeymoon. Fresh show of hands who is using it on reallllly large area commercial in place of their RX or their HOSS? And are ya using the 13" or the 15"?

tnx

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We are using it on larger jobs and we use the 13 model. We use dry strokes for very good and almost unmatched dry times. Also really like that while dual wanding the zipper can just be stood up and locked with the magnet, so there is no vacuum loss especially on 250-350 ft hose runs.

I will say I liked the feel of the wand style handle of that prototype unit over at mikeysfest. Hopefully Erick can get that figured out and to the market for some of us who would like to use that style of wand

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I've only done a few jobs with my new Zipper, so I'm still getting used to it and trying to figure it out efficiency wise.

One thing I've noticed though, is how much more water it picks up from the carpet. A lot more than the regular wand.

That see through plastic is kind of addictive though. It keeps sucking more and more water and you can see it. All I want to do is just run it slow and see more and more water being sucked. I figured I'll do a room a week. :winky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I do not go back to where I cleaned to be able to know for sure about real dry time.
However, the carpet feels much dryer after the passes. I still do dry passes though.

Last edited:

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I use females on all tools and hadn't changed that one yet.
I previously had 2 zipper heads and 1 handle. I would switch back and forth as needed. I got tired of that and ordered another handle.

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
why do you have one setup as male and the other female?

Because 2 males would just be wrong side-by-side.... :icon_razz:

I use my zipper on commercial jobs... I'll still Cimex the prespray in, then zipper it... It works for me... The recovery on it is very good, much better than just a wand...

I also use it to extract pit washed rugs..

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
why do you have one setup as male and the other female?

Its jus marketing buddy : )

Male goes on the tool! I get this from the auto industry as well as manufacturing so.....
Please explain why u would or do it different.

Sent from da bak seat of a Purple Caddy where the roadkill is real : )

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I think if your biz is heavier on the commercial it would be the Zipper and if it's more residential, the Hoss would be better. I own neither so I could be wrong but I sure do spend plenty of time here ;-).

The Clean Machine

Reactions: GCCLee

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I think if your biz is heavier on the commercial it would be the Zipper and if it's more residential, the Hoss would be better. I own neither so I could be wrong but I sure do spend plenty of time here ;-).

The Clean Machine

I'm about 50/50 but have all the rotaries for residential. I've used rotaries on commercial for years but lately I'm finding I prefer the cimex to prescrub and wand to rinse. I'm hoping the zipper will take over in my commercial arena, just trying to decide which size will be best suited for me.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm about 50/50 but have all the rotaries for residential. I've used rotaries on commercial for years but lately I'm finding I prefer the cimex to prescrub and wand to rinse. I'm hoping the zipper will take over in my commercial arena, just trying to decide which size will be best suited for me.

That sounds like a killer combo...prespray and agitate with Cimex and flush/rinse with the Zipper. I'd like to try that on a greasy restaurant!

The Clean Machine

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Yeah I'm thinking it should be amazing! And still have a very high production rate.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Because 2 males would just be wrong side-by-side.... :icon_razz:

I use my zipper on commercial jobs... I'll still Cimex the prespray in, then zipper it... It works for me... The recovery on it is very good, much better than just a wand...

I also use it to extract pit washed rugs..

I would prefer two females side x side.

Name
Jesse
We've got a 13 & 15. I prefer the 15 for most jobs. If I bought another 13 I'd get that handle from MF. I'd get the traditional Zipper handle for the 15.

Mikey P

Administrator
If it's the weight that makes the Zipper extract more perhaps this one handed wanding is the culprit

Maybe we need to use tow hand and really lean on the wand.

Time for a clear tube to check my theory.

GaryM

Name
Gary MacKay
There comes a time when you are just hurting too damned much pushing & pulling the glided wand, the awkward rotary such as the Rx in my case.

I just cant do the daily routine of pushing & pulling with the wand. The RX is so friggin awkward.

The show of tools is great with the customer.

The Zipper in residentail is awkward also, sure yeah, we can adapt. The new handle would put me back to where I was.

Screw it, the walk behind is less fatigue on my body, it takes longer and it's by no means 35% faster in residential. Yeah I know, kinda like the airpath 10 minute dry times - Blow me!

I'm liking it cuz I have to so I'll make it work and charge more. It's faster than the RX and just as good as my greenhorn but the wand has taken it's toll.

Did a repair after I zipper cleaned a dog urine soaked nasty. The knee test was dry, great!

Did the repair of the first room after the cleaning. My knees were soaked. The customer was happy cuz she felt no moisture with bare feet but my knees were soaked?

The sight tube is a groovy thing on the zipper & if you feel a need again like when you first started put it back on your wand at the connection point.

The zipper has not negated my airpaths as I hoped it would even though a quick knee test is dry but it's much easier than my greenhorn wand.

Last year I refused to take the RX upstairs, the zipper is pretty easy to carry even for my old bastard helper of 60. Once I listened to Erik & put the hole glide up front & got rid of the slot we have been banging them out with it's really nice to have a piece of equipment not made in china or mexico but what the hell do I know, I'm a bigot and not a global citizen co#kS*ck$r

Reactions: ruff

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I had a wand with the pistol type valve and didn't like it. It seemed awkward, had to re-orientate my hand when I wasn't triggering the valve.(like when I was doing a dry stroke) Am I missing something?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom