03 jets on a resturant are the bomb!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
14" greenhorn with five #4 jets is the bomb! If you are going to go with 3s then might as well go with 20flow!
That's what I did...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Ron, your heater unit should be able to keep up with it just like the el diablo.

I went from the original 10 flow up to 20, so I cant really tell you the difference from 03 to 04.

One thing is for sure- water usage is NOT going to double or go dramatically up by going to higher flow. Slower flushing passes are probably better then low flow multiple passes with a cheesy wand- which will end up being the same amount of water usage.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I only did the 03's because I got my wand with 02's and lisa sent me the o3's to change up to as I originally ordered. Any who I got the results! I'll have to go back through the film to double check but besides feeling high heat envy, going up did in fact increase the temperature at the floor from 02's to 03's. I'll see if I can throw together a cheesy video as soon as I get a chance.

And Zee I agree, using higher flow and making one slower pass and getting the same flushing action as a several quick lower flow passes on other wands is a better choice, and really should save you time in the long run and actually end up with better dry times.

Anyways got to finish up some work before I get to making a video. I should have the vid posted by tomorow afternoon as long as tomorow's job goes well.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Your brilliant Bob. People discovered this 10 years a go on ICS. Oh BTW. "In fact it wasn't even vacuumed or pre-scrubbed". I have always thought Kenadians were sub par cleaners. Well this proves it. Tell Werner he can kiss the Top 25 ranking good bye.

Golden Boy

Bob Foster

Waldo said:
Your brilliant Bob. People discovered this 10 years a go on ICS. Oh BTW. "In fact it wasn't even vacuumed or pre-scrubbed". I have always thought Kenadians were sub par cleaners. Well this proves it. Tell Werner he can kiss the Top 25 ranking good bye.

Golden Boy

And you are who,......?

Lets see a show of hands of those that prevac restaurants.....

and now lets see a show of hands of those that prescub just because they like the vibration from their 175s.

....... thought so.

and for your info Waldo most trucks couldn't sustain the heat or have the waste water capacity to do a restaurant with 03's.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Waldo said:

Golden Boy
No Worries. Not like I asked to be on it.
I don't clean restys the same as residential, one, the oils trap the soil so vacuuming becomes a waste of time.
Any "stuff" on the surface will be vacuumed up. Two, they don't pay me like residential does.
AS long as I get compliments like this from my clients I'm happy:
Tks Ron. Your new machine is awesome. Carpet is cleaner than a new carpet.
This from a long time client that I won over with a portable in 95 over other tm cleaners.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
sweendogg said:
I only did the 03's

going up did in fact increase the temperature at the floor from 02's to 03's. .

I'm coRnfuzed .
how do you know "in fact" the heat to the fiber went up if you only measured the 03's??

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Meat meat Meat.. keep up man.. did you miss all the text where until today I had 02's on my greenhorn.. so I took measurements at a few different pressures first with the 02's... Then I installed the 03's and took different measurements. It was consistantly higher temp.. (granted by only 5 degrees) but I cleaned our showroom and different see any difference in dry times. I have a few places comeing up that should tell me if it makes a difference in cleaning ability. I'd be interestd in seeing these types of numbers from some one with a higher heat machine... I'd also like to see real at the floor temperatures from different machines at different flows. Across a 100 foot run on a 65 degree day, combined with about an 1.2 inch air gap from jet to carpet. My machine takes a 40 degree loss. Like I said above, I have a bit of high heat envy.

edit: sorry that was a confusing post. i was kinda of explaining why I only went up to 03's instead of 04's. I did in fact test 02's and 03's. I also tested the difference in manifolds from the greenhorn to the prochem quad jet with jet extenders and 03's as well just to see a reference.

When I was at Mikefest I demoed several so called high flow wands and could instantly tell they would not clean any faster or better than my 6 flow wand. You still have to pull the wand the same speed. One of the wands was a 12 flow TI wand hooked up to an Aerotech running at 250 and I had to put the same amount of effort and time to clean the scrap carpet as it would have taken with my 6 flow wand. I totally get the theory, but when I squeeze the wand valve and the solution feels the same I don't see any need in getting all excited over better cleaning. I watched Bob in the video and he was moving slow and a lesser flow wand would have given the same results in the same time.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
danielc said:
When I was at Mikefest I demoed several so called high flow wands and could instantly tell they would not clean any faster or better than my 6 flow wand. You still have to pull the wand the same speed. One of the wands was a 12 flow TI wand hooked up to an Aerotech running at 250 and I had to put the same amount of effort and time to clean the scrap carpet as it would have taken with my 6 flow wand. I totally get the theory, but when I squeeze the wand valve and the solution feels the same I don't see any need in getting all excited over better cleaning. I watched Bob in the video and he was moving slow and a lesser flow wand would have given the same results in the same time.

I find this quite humorous considering this is the guy that couldn't find a wand that didn't streak:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31660&hilit=streaking

Ever think that the higher the flow the better ability to flush more soil from the carpet and less chance of streaking by leaving soil behind?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
danielc said:

:shock: your 6 flow.....come on...

I think in real life situations you would have a different view.. demo is just that- a demo!

lance

Danielc, i think you missed it when Bob wrote that they tried 02's before the 03's. Foster and Ron are very careful and "picky" about getting good results.

If you have a 4 jet that is a six flow then you have 1.5 jets. A 6 jet that is 12 flow has 2.0 jets. Yes, the latter has two extra jets but still 2.0 is not much bigger than 1.5.

Does your 4 jet wand have an angled manifold so the jets are at 45 degrees to the glide? At what psi do you run your wand? An angled, extended, 5 jet Green wand with 15 flow running at 500 to 600 psi at the machine is a great combo.

If flow doesn't matter then put 01's on your wand and go to town. "Instantly telling" does not over rule the laws of fluid dynamics.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
sweendogg said:
Meat meat Meat.. keep up man.. did you miss all the text where until today I had 02's on my greenhorn.. so I took measurements at a few different pressures first with the 02's... Then I installed the 03's and took different measurements. It was consistantly higher temp.. (granted by only 5 degrees) but I cleaned our showroom and different see any difference in dry times. I have a few places comeing up that should tell me if it makes a difference in cleaning ability. I'd be interestd in seeing these types of numbers from some one with a higher heat machine... I'd also like to see real at the floor temperatures from different machines at different flows. Across a 100 foot run on a 65 degree day, combined with about an 1.2 inch air gap from jet to carpet. My machine takes a 40 degree loss. Like I said above, I have a bit of high heat envy.

edit: sorry that was a confusing post. i was kinda of explaining why I only went up to 03's instead of 04's. I did in fact test 02's and 03's. I also tested the difference in manifolds from the greenhorn to the prochem quad jet with jet extenders and 03's as well just to see a reference.

ahh...thanks for clearing that up Sweendoggie.
I'm easily coRfuzed as a result of all the abuse I put my brAin cells thru in my knucklehEd dayz

Honestly, I am a bit surprised you only saw 5 degree rise.
The difference from 04 jetted wand to 06 was pretty dramatic.
But that was with aw29 wands with their long spray travel from jet to fiber.

It was many years ago, I don't recall the numbers exactly (remember my brAin cell abuse..)
anyway...here's some of parameters I recall.
Winter, outside temp was around 20.
125ft of sol line (Parker Parflex) with appx 30ft stretched across the cold parking lot from van to entrance.
Two AW29 wands (thats what we used then) one w/04 jetting, one w/06.
PSI 350, temp ATM 280.
now the foggy part..the "exact" temp numbers.
as I recall, the most we could get to the fiber w/04 jetted wand was 120.
with 06 jetted wand we got up to 142

The summer we put the Ti on the van i tested it.
summer ...not too hot..I think in the mid to high 70s that day.
80ft of Parker.
bone stock Ti (06 jetted)
450 psi
272 ATM
achieved 180 ATF.

Our Ti wand now flows 2 GPM @450 psi.
I might back down the letting.
cause personally, I'm not convinced it makes all that much difference with "our" wanding style between 1.5 GPM and 2GPM

there comes a point of diminishing returns in the "reality" of it all and discussion board de jour fads like fire hose flow take on a life of their own.
The "evidence" to support the claims becomes completely subjective

It should be noted, I'm not questioning anyone's findings.
Because we all have different styles, different gear, different methods, etc and "mileage can vary"

Ideally, we'd all have two identical wands with different jetting to do side by sides on rat holes.
But I understand the reality of that isn't practical for every BD

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom