1/4 or 3/8's?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I'm sure it's been discussed here before, but what hose do you use? I still run the 1/4 inch and it hasn't given me any problems. I have a few competitor/friends in the cc business that live and die by the 3/8's hose.

What do you use?

Jamesh921

Name
James
I ran 3/8 for ten years, cause that's what came with the Powermatic when I bought it. That crap is heavy and cumbersome. About 3 weeks ago I bought a 75' x 1/4 inch lead hose to see how I'd like it. I'll be replacing the rest of the 3/8 with 1/4 inch soon and turning the 3/8 into a fresh-water line. I hated dragging that heavy crap around the house.

James

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I changed the 3/8 fittings right quick and use nothing but 1/4"
There's just not enough good reasons to use heavier 3/8 sol line for carpet cleaning

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
meAt said:
I changed the 3/8 fittings right quick and use nothing but 1/4"
There's just not enough good reasons to use heavier 3/8 sol line for carpet cleaning

..L.T.A.
What's next Larry?
You'll claim that there is no use for a $125,00.00 ,tripple wanding, super duper baaaad assss truck mounts with 300 degrees at the wand for single wand O/O :?:

Somebody stop this guy :p

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I use 3/8 to supply the reels only and pull off 1/4 inch to clean with........

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Really Robert- This isn't a question a person like you should be asking. 3/8 is way too heavy to work with on a daily basis.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Jim Martin said:
I use 3/8 to supply the reels only and pull off 1/4 inch to clean with........

sounds like a good idea, I have wondered if a guy dual wanded alot if it would be worth it to run one 3" vac hose to the door and one 3/8" hose to the door and y off them for dual wanding. that way 2 hoses aren't running from the machine to the door.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Oh shit dude, 1/4. I've got several sections of 3/8 from my restaurant floor cleaning and you would freak out if you had to lug that twice, three times per day on residential.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
rwcarpet said:
I'm sure it's been discussed here before, but what hose do you use? I still run the 1/4 inch and it hasn't given me any problems. I have a few competitor/friends in the cc business that live and die by the 3/8's hose.

What do you use?

RW...

We have live solution line....!

ESPECIALLY...on the Butler solution reel...We run 50ft of 3/8 on the initial or 1st line on
the reel..! We have found the 3/8...will withstand the CONSTANT heat better on the reel.!

If you are NOT using "live solution lines"...then the 1/4 inch is just fine...IMHO..!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom