$100 Jon Don shopping spree winner!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
From the desk of the taller of the cuddly Jon Don twins..

We have a WINNER with Bill Soukoreff! Yeadon and I were very impressed by this real-world example of smoking out the customer's Hidden Objection by using the Magic Question and then modifying the job while still making money AND creating a Cheerleader! Soooooo much better than meekly walking away and letting her call your wacko competitor! Enjoy your hundred dollar credit with Jon-Don, Bill! (However, all of you should check the PS too!)

Bill Soukoreff wrote:
Today I had a great experience using the tactful and productive response to the "I'll check with my husband"...
I got some resistance, and she said it was a lot more then she had planned for and so she wanted to think about it...
I asked her the "Magic Question" ("While I'm here, let me ask you, does the way I have this work order written meet your projected budget?") and she said the last time she paid $600 for the cleaning with another company, but she was not happy and really wanted to try my services...
While I was there, she phoned her daughter and booked her place as well for me to do! She also pre-booked a year ahead...
She was a happy customer and made more than I planned that day and have a life time client."

I know we all had some fun with this topic (see my PS) but please, for your own sake, go back and read both my original anecdote of how I came up with the Magic Question plus how Bill applied it. Folks, it is no secret that the economic outlook is grim. Now more than ever it is time to buckle down and capture every single customer AND then convert them into a Cheerleader. The Magic Question will be a potent tool in your arsenal ... IF you use it.

So please do exactly what Mike suggested- 1) Copy, paste and print the Magic Question. 2) Tape it on your clipboard. 3) The next time you get hit with the old "Let me check with my husband" Hidden Objection look down and follow it word for word. 4) Take half of the net profit on this job that you would have lost by not using the Magic Question, divide it and send half to Mikey (25% of the total additional net profit) and the other half to me. (I can't speak for Mikey but I will accept personal checks.)

Seriously, Mike, thank you for having the insight to promote the Magic Question.

Steve Toburen
Director of Training and head contest judge
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS Big Billy and I were also very impressed with Dave Gill's story. Not only did he save the job but he also enlightened us on bras and bros AND successfully insulted Mikey on his own board without getting banned. For this perfect Trifecta Dave wins Honorable Mention AND a $100.00 gift certificate from Jon-Don! Drinks are on you in February, Dave!

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
bill congratulations..job well done.
thanks for the honorable mention. i really do appreciate everything i have learned from you guys and it really has changed the way i do business in many ways.
i have been insulting mikey for a long time trying to see how far i can push him but he just keeps on playing back..one day i will get the boot but till then..
dave

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Thanks Steve, Billy and Mikey for passing on these great tips.

What I like about this response is how it treats the customer with respect and cultivates a more trusting relationship.

Everyone wins. Steve has taught me that it's the little things that make the difference.

Can I use the coupon to order online?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom