$101k for $3900

Mikey P

Administrator
Say what you want about Yelp...

In 2017 we spent $3900 on boosted ads.
We are the #1 rated company.
We did 101k for 243 jobs with a $415 average. (ytd is $458)

Yelp tells me about half those jobs came from ad clicks, the other from the organic listing.

The want us to try doubling or tripling our ad dollars.
I'm not convinced it would triple our income but seeing how it's a month to month campaign, I can always go back to our $323

@Desk Jockey what would you do?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd tell those muthur fookers to put up or shut up.

If they are so confident in what they can deliver then I'm willing to double down...IF/when it doesn't hold true I'm not paying a dime more than normal.

What Do they have to lose. Ad's are free to them. If they deliver, you're gladly hooked. Its win-win. :winky:

I don't believe it will happen even if you spend it. You reach a point of diminishing returns. It might drive more but at what price?
:headscratch:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron K

Yelp tells me about half those jobs came from ad clicks, the other from the organic listing.
Run a campaign that you can track. "ask for spotter" "groomer" "vac inspection"
"about half" do they really know or are they guessing?

Reactions: Connor

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

Run a campaign that you can track. "ask for spotter" "groomer" "vac inspection"
"about half" do they really know or are they guessing?

Right! Proving that Ms Smith clicked the ad and booked would be tuff for them(yelp) to find out.

Unless you have a different number or like Ron said "free spotter" type ads.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Right! Proving that Ms Smith clicked the ad and booked would be tuff for them(yelp) to find out.

Unless you have a different number or like Ron said "free spotter" type ads.

Mike - But "YOU" can figure it out. Go get www.fullstory.com you get 1000 events a month for free. Place it in the header of your site. This will allow you to visually (grab the popcorn) track experience and easily tell who did what. We use it at FittleBug for our clients. Really helpful to know what works, what doesn't and what might need a tweak!

Reactions: Mikey P

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I wouldn't consider using Yelp because they are high pressure and wouldn't leave me alone.

Connor

Name
Connor
@Mikey P, do you have a different tracking number\landing page for your yelp account? I wouldn't trust any data they presented anyway.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I’ve jumped up twice and the first time worked well for over a year!

Then the bottom fell out in December, so I dropped back down to the $300 a month.

Then they got me to boost agian on the pay per click where you get more impressions.

Went to a $495 a month program and pay per click cost doubled for 5 months.

I’m back at the starter program

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like free impressions but when the clicks get out of control we cut the spending. "Google" not Yelp.

With Google you spend what you want with no contract. 34.5k views with 142 website clicks for under $200.00 last week.

Reactions: Acp

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
it kinda sucks for us. we are at $725/month and its barely worth it, its exposure but we might just can the yelp all together next year.

We have so many cheap ass 3 room/$80 companies on there now in our area and they all have 100+ reviews and a 5 star rating. Why even try to compete with that.

Reactions: Connor

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
what are you guys doing to make yelp successful for you? @Mikey P

we got our response time down pretty low, I think its at 40 min now. We have a lot of reviews and its popular in our area but most of the jobs coming in are small and tough access.

how location based do you guys think it is?

jeremy parr

Name
Jeremy Parr
On a slightly different note, can any of you recommend a good company or way to set up a website for someone that isn’t a techy? I’m a full blown owner operator with no employees so I need something that’s easy to manage, just want to get a few better customers so I can make a little more dough, not interested in having a bunch of employees.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom