12,000 footer coming up

Mikey P

Administrator
Our town's community center..

You can virtually walk the whole building with Google's little yellow man in street view feature..

I've Mex'd it a few times and did a partial with the Spyder last time but the Speed 5 setting was fooking with my micro pads.

I give them such a good deal that I really want to haul ass.

No traffic lanes to speak of just a bunch of drink spills. A bunch.

I think I'll bring both and be prepared.

Anybody want to learn how to hide dirt?

Reactions: Acp

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Our town's community center..

You can virtually walk the whole building with Google's little yellow man in street view feature..

I've Mex'd it a few times and did a partial with the Spyder last time but the Speed 5 setting was fooking with my micro pads.

I give them such a good deal that I really want to haul ass.

No traffic lanes to speak of just a bunch of drink spills. A bunch.

I think I'll bring both and be prepared.

Anybody want to learn how to hide dirt?

When? Ill swing by if i can

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Cimex, Cimex, Cimex. That will be about 9k, then I would Cimex the last 3k. A walk behind double wide Advance vacuum you push like a lawn mower before hand would make haul ass possible.

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Jeff T
In the janitor scheme of things, 12k is small.They might hit and miss, but in 5 days it should get at least once good.
Every in-house/janitorial company I’ve come across uses a FLAT FLOOR TOOL on their vacuum . Heck ya, a guy should ALWAYS Prevac BEFORE they clean, but especially before encap.
And the vacs are almost always poorly maintained.
They use the same vac bag for 2 weeks, or they wait until their canister/bag less POS, is chuck full, before they say, ‘hmm, this isn’t picking up the French fries/paper clips/ worthers candy wrappers like it usually does’....
Proper vacuuming requires a good quality, DUAL MOTOR, beater bar vacuum, that’s maintained WEEKLY, with daily, sometimes hourly bag change......
Anything else is just going through the motions....

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

KSL

Name
Kent
Every in-house/janitorial company I’ve come across uses a FLAT FLOOR TOOL on their vacuum . Heck ya, a guy should ALWAYS Prevac BEFORE they clean, but especially before encap.
And the vacs are almost always poorly maintained.
They use the same vac bag for 2 weeks, or they wait until their canister/bag less POS, is chuck full, before they say, ‘hmm, this isn’t picking up the French fries/paper clips/ worthers candy wrappers like it usually does’....
Proper vacuuming requires a good quality, DUAL MOTOR, beater bar vacuum, that’s maintained WEEKLY, with daily, sometimes hourly bag change......

Anything else is just going through the motions....

Totally disagree. On CGD a backpack vacuum out cleans and upright vacuum by a mile. Now if there is a pile or maybe entrance mats I can see a beater bar vacuum being of interest. It’s all in the training, give either to an untrained worker and you get a poor job.

Name
Jeff T
Totally disagree. On CGD a backpack vacuum out cleans and upright vacuum by a mile. Now if there is a pile or maybe entrance mats I can see a beater bar vacuum being of interest. It’s all in the training, give either to an untrained worker and you get a poor job.
Ok, then how do you get the dirt from the bottom of the pile?
I do encap weekly.
Every job I do, we prevac with a Proteam XP 1200, or, an 18” monster vac, fresh bag, HEPA filters pulled out.
Tell me then, how is it possible, when the company I subcontract for, vacuums daily.
We use a fresh bag on EVERY contract.
In 3-4 hrs, WE FILL A BAG....
They use a backpack vac, we use a well maintained, beater bar vac....
Where the fook is the soil coming from then?
FLAT FLOOR TOOLS, ARE FOR FLAT FLOORS,
NOT CARPET!!!!!
Why does every janitor argue this?
Is simple, use a carpet vac for carpet, and a FLAT FLOOR TOOL FOR HARD FLOORING.....
But, do what you want, I’ll keep running my system, and keep getting repeats, and referrals from my commercial clients...
Wait, I’ve got 42,000 sqft coming up this next weekend, but I guess I don’t know what I’m doing....
WHATEVER....

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I’m Not arguing whose the best. If you read my original post to Mike, I think you’ll see How we get the dirt out. Vacuum with uprights. Vacuum with wide area vacs. Maintain with Cimex, truckmount as needed.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

steve_64

We have a 15 in and a 20 in upright that we use almost daily on the same accounts. I'm pretty happy with our results and s o are our customers. That's what matters to me.

steve_64

I agree that you need a beater bar vacuum.
Janitorial staff just vacuum stuff they can see.

Back pack vacs are made for hit and miss........not a good vacuuming technique
Brush roll not a beater bar. I don't think anyone has beater bars anymore maybe Kirby.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I assure you, if you had 3 schools you do daily, your crews would use backpacks. Uprights can’t even get under school desks the way they’re designed. They’re not 1935 desks when you were in school.

Name
Jeff T
My point is not what is faster, it’s simply what does a better, more thorough job for preparing for HWE, or encap cleaning.
Yes, you can race through a job with a backpack.
BUT, for getting ready for doing annual maintenance on carpeting, NOTHING beats using a good, thorough vacuuming with a good quality, well maintained beater bar/brush roll vacuum.
Sure, if I did janitorial daily, I bet I’d run backpack vacs as well....
Time is money in that industry....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom