14" TM Wands @ Connections

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The Bentleys from Mytee were the ones I thought had the features, I was looking for.

This is the 2" Carbon Fiber model, which had the best vac head design and only weighed about 7#:
bentleycf.jpg

It had a nice overlap of jet spray. I thought the jets needed to be slightly more vertical.

Next was the same model with a new swivel assembly:
bentswiv.jpg

It enables you to clean under beds and around furniture.

The updated Stryker from Legends was next.

It has 96 jets across the 14" width and 2 vac slots ------ (white cleanout at right):
stryker.jpg

Here is a closeup of the jet assembly: (equivalent to 3.5 jet)
strykerjet.jpg

I have some concerns about the jets clogging,
and the rotomolded head durability.

PMF also had a couple of interesting wands.

First, a 14" wand with round SS glide:
pmfglide.jpg

Above the wand is their new Titanium upholstery tool.
It was less than 1 pound.

Prochem Titantium Excess Wand Plumbing:
tiwand.jpg

There was also a ~12" Residential Zipper Dual-Draw Vacuum Head Carpet Cleaning Tool,
as well as the 15" Blue model.

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
Standard but GGlided PC Titanium wand is still the best the industry has to offer imo.

If the Stryker goes with a Ti head and a standard trigger and Mytee if copies the PCti manifolds then I'll have to reconsider.

R

rotovacguy

96 jets? :shock:

Just what kind of pressure drop could a guy expect with THAT many?

I agree with Larry about the clogging concerns. That would be a royal PITA cleaning those buggers out, you'd have to do it very frequently I'd imagine. Doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in.

Name
Ron lippold
I have been barkin about high flow for two years now and I want to know who has increased their flow and what have you seen. I can tell you with 24 flow at 750 psi there is no better flushing.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Regarding the Stryker the flow is 1 gallon per minute at 375 PSI using a CAT 3CP (1500 PSI) pump and 50 feet of solution hose. Of course more solution hose + more disconnects increases restrictions and affects flow so increased presuure may be needed. Regarding cleaning the Stryker actually has a self cleaning feature which I believe makes it the only wand on the market that does.

We had a traditional handle design available for people to make a comparison to at connections and while most people expected the traditional design to be more comfortable before the comparing to the Ergo Handle design a significant majority found the Ergo design more comfortable after only a couple of minutes. Thats not to say we won't offer a traditional design in the future.

Additionally I'm pretty certain that the Stryker has more R&D hours in it than any of it's current competitors given thatwe went well beyond the traditional design in terms of cleaning performance, extraction efficiency, glide efficiency, ergonomics, weight and durability.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Hi Bill;

One of the guys at the booth pointed out the threaded nylon fitting at the right end of the picture above for clean-out.

But, how does it actually work to clean out the 96 jets ?

Does it just flow water past the 96 holes ?

Larry

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Bill Bruders said:
Additionally I'm pretty certain that the Stryker has more R&D hours in it than any of it's current competitors given thatwe went well beyond the traditional design in terms of cleaning performance, extraction efficiency, glide efficiency, ergonomics, weight and durability.

Are you going to put a trigger valve on it.
The ball valve design stops me from purchasing one.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Bill Bruders said:
Additionally I'm pretty certain that the Stryker has more R&D hours in it than any of it's current competitors
Considering the basic wand has been around for over 20yrs and most wands are not redesigned, just tweaked, you guys must have put in a lot of overtime!
:D

Mikey P

Administrator
I think the Stryker handle would be just swell for a sub 6ft'r, as it is, for me I have to grab the un-ergo section of the handle to keep the head at the correct angle.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Larry Cobb said:
Hi Bill;

One of the guys at the booth pointed out the threaded nylon fitting at the right end of the picture above for clean-out.

But, how does it actually work to clean out the 96 jets ?

Does it just flow water past the 96 holes ?

Larry

Opening the fitting subjects the inside of the manifold to vacuum which when combined with the flow of water cleans the inside of the manifold it's just another feature that Keith and Roy brought to the project based on years of real world experience. We all knew from the beginning that keeping the manifold operating and clean needed a simple built in solution

hogjowl

Idiot™
Seriously, do any of you wand makers offer a 30 day trial period? I can't see spending the money on one of those without being able to try it out first.

Name
John LaBarbera
admiralclean said:
Seriously, do any of you wand makers offer a 30 day trial period? I can't see spending the money on one of those without being able to try it out first.

I would think that a local dist. would do that. Would it take a month to determine whether it was comfy or not? It seems a week or so would be more than adequate. Mytee is certainly willing to participate in such an evaluation. Just have a local dist. call us and if they are credit worthy we will be glad to ship one out and than others could test the same tool if the first person who tested it does not just love it to pieces and refuses to return it and just buys it instead. (How's that for a run on sentence?)

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We offer a 30 day money back guarantee in 48 states.........all but Alabama and Nebraska :lol:

rick imby

Name
Rick
Ron Lippold said:
I have been barkin about high flow for two years now and I want to know who has increased their flow and what have you seen. I can tell you with 24 flow at 750 psi there is no better flushing.

Ever hear of flushing with a Steamin Demon--oops I guess Truckies don't want to hear about 4 gallon per minute portables.

CleanEvo

That bentley looks interesting, but the way wands get beat around, would that manifold hold up being totally exposed like that?

Name
John LaBarbera
CleanEvolve said:
That bentley looks interesting, but the way wands get beat around, would that manifold hold up being totally exposed like that?

Hi Aris,

Were you at Connections? Did you see it close up? I think it's the type of product that you have to try out and see if a person is comfortable with it. I think a demo period is appropriate. I have many out there and never has a manifold broke or been damaged to my knowledge. If anything we have tried to over build it so it will last.

I was more concerned with whether the swivel would hold up so we made that part really beefy (and it is rebuild-able), so it's designed to last. That seems to be one of the features that PCC's really liked. Once they use it they got to like it a lot. The carbon fiber tube is also another innovation from Mytee that we will start to see others incorporate in their products in time. That material is hi tech and at this point unequaled. The swivel version is in the $600.00+ price and the non swivel is $500.00+ price range so it's good value for the dollar.

lance

"would it take a month to see if it was comfy or not....."

One day to figure out how to get it out of the box.

One day to figure out what end the hose goes on.

Five days telling everybody that will listen that the new wand has arrived.

Seven days trying to figure out what job it should be demo'd on.

Nine days spent forgetting to put said demo wand in truck.

Three days actually using said demo wand.

Two days trying to decide which box to check: I likey or no likey.

Two days trying to remember who the distributor was that lent him said wand.

One day "discussing" with wife if it's ok to buy said wand.

Everything would change of course if the month only had 30 days it it. As you can see, trying out a new wand takes a lot of work.

Name
John LaBarbera
lance said:
"would it take a month to see if it was comfy or not....."

One day to figure out how to get it out of the box.

One day to figure out what end the hose goes on.

Five days telling everybody that will listen that the new wand has arrived.

Seven days trying to figure out what job it should be demo'd on.

Nine days spent forgetting to put said demo wand in truck.

Three days actually using said demo wand.

Two days trying to decide which box to check: I likey or no likey.

Two days trying to remember who the distributor was that lent him said wand.

One day "discussing" with wife if it's ok to buy said wand.

Everything would change of course if the month only had 30 days it it. As you can see, trying out a new wand takes a lot of work.

I learn something new every day. Thank goodness for Mikey's Board.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
CleanEvolve said:
Aris;
Customers month-old TM wand:
wandbent.jpg
. This is why I always look for durability on all of the wands at Connections.

The Mytee has a round stainless manifold.

It mounts on a 2" wide half-round section in the aluminum head casting.

It can swivel rotationally, and has a half-round clamp that goes over the round jet bar.

Larry

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
lance had the ben surdi trial and error class. you missed posting used equipment for sale at higher prices than you were going to buy them for. IE New Airpath for sale $500-550 I have several and no need for this one...........no response............Mikey I have to back out of this deal, my wife said no

CraigT

Name
Craig Tyler
About 5 years ago we offered a 30 day trial period for the wands we carried. Of course these weren't premium wands like the bently, evolution, titanium, or the stryker, but most users didn't use the 30 day trial period, they just wanted to buy it.

Larry, I'm surprised that you didn't post pics of the evolution wand, maybe I'm missing something though. There was also a lot of R&D time in that one if you've seen their videos and read their documentation on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom