15.00 per room guys again...

The owner has told a friend of mine the reason there are doing it is to put all CC out of buisness and then jack up the price...and quote"we have the money to ride it out"..LOL..watch out Joey there comin for ya too!

Rex Tyus

C Pennington said:
The owner has told a friend of mine the reason there are doing it is to put all CC out of buisness and then jack up the price...and quote"we have the money to ride it out"..LOL..watch out Joey there comin for ya too!

If you can get your friend to put that in writing you can file a complaint with the states attorney on fair trade act violations. It is not against the law to "try" and drive someone out of buisness unless you actually have the "money to ride it out" or the ability to actually do it.

I know the guy is probably talking smack but it will at least make them write a legal response to the alligation. :twisted: :twisted:

Farenheit251

We've always had $6.95,$9.95,$12.95 and $15 a room guys and I'm sure we always will. I get coupon mailers every week. Good for students and people on a very limited income.
When I needed my A/Cs serviced I had companies offering$39.95 per unit but chose between the companies charging around $79 because i knew better. Most of your customers know better as well.

Rex Tyus

BrianE said:
We've always had $6.95,$9.95,$12.95 and $15 a room guys and I'm sure we always will. I get coupon mailers every week. Good for students and people on a very limited income.
When I needed my A/Cs serviced I had companies offering$39.95 per unit but chose between the companies charging around $79 because i knew better. Most of your customers know better as well.

Brian, you are absolutely correct. But when you have a genuine bone head in your market TRYING to make everyones life miserable sometimes you just need to get a shot in of your own. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Name
I'm Rick James
It just doesnt seem like a practical business model. Offer bottom feeding prices until the competitors close their doors, then jack it up. They might not have taken into account of customer loyality. You could never run your competitors out of business. The bad, shady ones maybe. So they want to take a loss for a long period of time on something that might not happen. These companies usually phase out and take care of themself by going out of business.

Yup a group of us CC may put a disclaimer/consumer warning ad in the same paper..gotta be careful how you word it though no refeence to the company name etc....then again Im really not worried too much about it cuz the last 3 months have been great and I feel it will work its way out in a good way...karma brother,KARMA.

Rex Tyus

Brent, you are correct it makes no sense. I am sure Curtis or Joey will give us more info but the guy they are talking about is a pretty big multy truck that has been around for a while. My guess would be they are REALLY hurting for business volume and are doing whatever they can to keep the trucks rolling. The owner would not admit that but it is a much higher probability than him thinking he could run ALL 25,000 carpet cleaners out of buisness in Panama CIty.

Name
I'm Rick James
Rex Tyus said:
Brent, you are correct it makes no sense. I am sure Curtis or Joey will give us more info but the guy they are talking about is a pretty big multy truck that has been around for a while. My guess would be they are REALLY hurting for business volume and are doing whatever they can to keep the trucks rolling. The owner would not admit that but it is a much higher probability than him thinking he could run ALL 25,000 carpet cleaners out of buisness in Panama CIty.

Im sure there main focus is upselling. Sell Sell Sell.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
You have a nice site why air you so cheep. There at 15.00 you r at 30.00 a room for 300 sq ft. just a thought 300 sq ft hear $159.00 with out teflon. I get $129.00 more for the same room then you .We have sings all over the place hear whole House for $99.00 so what.

Jim Nelson said:
You have a nice site why air you so cheep. There at 15.00 you r at 30.00 a room for 300 sq ft. just a thought 300 sq ft hear $159.00 with out teflon. I get $129.00 more for the same room then you .We have sings all over the place hear whole House for $99.00 so what.

Different market here use to be worse then that.. SS is only 10.00 more bucks but its all about your expenses..; )

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
Different market air you at the high end at 10 cents or is there some one at 20 cents i bet if you call others you will find some at 35 cents a sq an up. If you are not the highest why not?

Rex Tyus

Jim Nelson said:
Different market air you at the high end at 10 cents or is there some one at 20 cents i bet if you call others you will find some at 35 cents a sq an up. If you are not the highest why not?

Cause he likes the phone to ring. :wink:

TimP

If I had employees I may match SS rates and do more value than them.

But a company just trying to destroy the competition is kinda silly. When you go to raise your prices people will hate you. It has to be gradual, a little bit per year so that you don't get a customer who is pissed enough to find another cleaner. For customers I know that are on a budget I'll keep the price the same for them.

Anyways I'd never go below SS rates, if they can get the business at what they charge. Then why can't I get more?? I definitely spend way more time at a house than they do and clean better than them....

Name
I'm Rick James
I think offering average prices is the easiest way at becoming a multi-truck operation. Some people want to grow big and some want to stay small. So different strokes for different folks.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
TimP said:
Anyways I'd never go below SS rates, if they can get the business at what they charge. Then why can't I get more?? I definitely spend way more time at a house than they do and clean better than them....

They can get more because of practically unlimited marketing budget. Fact is if you ask most anyone who is not a carpet cleaner to name a carpet cleaning company most will name stanley, it's been ingrained in there heads for years. Just for example my mom is from a small town and she used to call Stanley. She hated them because it always took two tries to get it acceptable, which obviously is very inconvenient but it never even occurred to her that there was other choices Stanley Steemer was the only name she knew, in fact I can't remember another single carpet cleaning company in that town but looking back I'm sure there was others.

Speeking of Stanley, I cleaned a house just today where the lady said they cleaned it 2 months ago. She couldn't believe the difference, oh yeah she said it took about 3 days to dry to.

Rex said:

They have been around a long time but I heard, maybe Curtis can say if it's true, that they changed owners a couple of years ago. I've actually also "heard" that they have fallen on hard times but I don't know if it's true or not.

As far as them putting me and every other carpet cleaner in town out of business, that sounds like about the stupidest business plan I have ever heard of. I got news for them I can "ride it out" for quite a long time myself seeing that I have 2 working truckmounts that are both paid in full there is not a lot that I could for see putting me out of business. Well on second thought maybe they could buy me out, it would only take a few hundred g's. :wink:

And this surprises you. This is always going on non stop. Anybody in this biz long enough knows its word of mouth that builds a solid client base and your performance and knowledge of your chosen field of Professional Carpet Technician would blurr out all that white noise created by Rug Scrubbers.

But guys like that do weed out the wanna bees and hacks a little.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom