1999 Vortex smoke coming out of exchanger exhaust

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
My guys just got back from a job and there is smoke coming out of the heat exchager exhaust. What would cause this?

Thanks,
Ed

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Is the smoke white in nature? If so that was my issue and it turned out to be a mechanical sensor gone bad. Check history. Also, is it smoking just out of exchanger or exhaust also?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the diverter valve did not close all the way and diesel exhaust is coming out the heat exchanger.....first thing I would check is the breathing stone and make sure it is not plugged...when the get plugged it does not allow the diverter to close all the way....

diverter could be stuck and need taken apart and serviced....

take a good look at the heat exchanger and make sure there is not fluid coming out of it...if the diverter did stick and they drove a ways to get back..there is a chance that it cracked....

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Dido everything Jim said, see that's why he I'd considered the best!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ed said:
My guys just got back from a job and there is smoke coming out of the heat exchager exhaust. What would cause this?

Thanks,
Ed

Does the vac exhaust exit through the diverter outlet? As with my Genesis, if you over flow the waste tank, you will get smoke.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
rwcarpet said:
Ed said:

Thanks,
Ed

Does the vac exhaust exit through the diverter outlet? As with my Genesis, if you over flow the waste tank, you will get smoke.

it would be blowing out the silencer when it does that......

if they were doing a job and the smoke was coming out of the exchanger..then they cracked the E-3 and the therm oil is smoking....

if it was smoking while they were driving then more then likely the diverter valve did not close....

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
They actually were just driving as the job they were headed to re-scheduled while they were in route, so they never cleaned.

Michael, I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's advice

Ed

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom