1st Restaurant Cleaning

HSeven

Carpet had caked grease and had not been cleaned in over a year and a half. I presprayed, scrubbed with a green floor pad, extracted and post OP padded. A lot of the grease came off in layers after a lot of scrubbing and extracting. :cry:

However is it possible that your prespray would emulsify the grease like stripper does wax on VCT so that you just extract with high heat?
I saw some cleaners on Youtube doing this ?? :roll:

How high a ph should your prespray be (w/o trashing the carpet)and would a strong encap product do the job?

Should I put my prespray down hot and allow a minimum of 20 min dwell? I want to try Les' new product.

Is a glided wand vs no glide the best option here?

Thanks in Advance,
Brady

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I never prescrub a restaurant. I let my prespray do the work grease eater and trashed 2 by magic wand

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the carpets will come cleaner if you go unglided. prespray down hot and heavy and let it sit 10-15 minutes.

gene

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
HSeven said:
Carpet had caked grease and had not been cleaned in over a year and a half. I presprayed, scrubbed with a green floor pad, extracted and post OP padded. A lot of the grease came off in layers after a lot of scrubbing and extracting. :cry:

However is it possible that your prespray would emulsify the grease like stripper does wax on VCT so that you just extract with high heat?
I saw some cleaners on Youtube doing this ?? :roll:

How high a ph should your prespray be (w/o trashing the carpet)and would a strong encap product do the job?

Should I put my prespray down hot and allow a minimum of 20 min dwell? I want to try Les' new product.

Is a glided wand vs no glide the best option here?

Thanks in Advance,
Brady

unglided will clean deeper , always has, always will
Pay no attention to the board de jour claims of wondrous virtues of glides .
Their greatest virtue is ease of wanding , cause some of the better wands are man killers to push...
That's it and nothing else

when the grease is so heavy and the joint hasn't been cleaned in a year and half, the last thing you should be concerned about is if you'll "trash the carpet" with a nuclear pre-spray .
You need a SLEDGEHAMMER pre-spray and rinse extract with a strong emulsifier .

the encRap juices on the market are kid stuff and won't do a damn thing for you

lastly, when the grease gets SOOOO heavy..... it has to stripped off in "layers "
Pre-spray, dwell, scrub, extract...repeat
Very VERY few (if any) restaurants that let their carpets get in that condition will ever pay what it's worth to make a yeoman attempt at truly restoring them

nuke it
scrub it
extract it with as hot of water as you can make

..L.T.A.

akgolfpro said:
I would also cank up the PSI to 500-600 will make a huge difference!

I would do the exact opposite.

Sometimes higher pressure will just lead to overspray and grease going everywhere. If it is real dirty, I will lower the pressure and use a slower wand stroke.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Son of a bitch some how deleted my nice response..... :x :x :x :x :x

anywho.....

Dan...get your jets closer and there isnt much "splattering" plus use a dry stroke...

Meat....you know its about a well ROUNDED set up.....doesnt do you any good to run unglided if after 20' you say "F this man"

angle your dangle....sure sure meat says its board dejur....well better then to spray that shit into the carpet...why not allow it to "push it off...or flooded it (bigger jets)"

looks to work just fine to me.....and if it makes sense scrub...if not dont....

and by all means...throw what ever you can at this carpet chem wise....you dont think they already ruined it???

x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04LMxnT7tuIx]

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
floorguy said:
Son of a bitch some how deleted my nice response..... :x :x :x :x :x

anywho.....

Meat....you know its about a well ROUNDED set up.....doesnt do you any good to run unglided if after 20' you say "F this man"

we run a glided Ti 96.98% of the time, Doug
a slot glide .
If you're still one of the "tag-a-longs" that hasn't figured out that hole glide doesn't clean very deep on cut pile, you're doomed to be a "fad follower" and will beat the "board de jour drum" all your life

angle your dangle....sure sure meat says its board dejur....well better then to spray that shit into the carpet...why not allow it to "push it off...or flooded it (bigger jets)"

there is "some" virtue to "some" angle on the spray.
But there is a line where the spray starts "skimming" off the fiber instead of penetrating.

That why you cUebAlls have to run stOOpit high PSI and flow ..cause you got your wands so fck'd up you can't clean otherwise :lol:

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Don't let the fact that Larry never cleaned a carpet in his life mislead you.

Just listen, as he's a no nonsense guy. Has very little patience for stupidity.
And he reads a lot (mostly the rubber room.)

Besides, what he may lack in knowledge, he more than makes up for in conviction.

P.S. I love it when Larry speaks French "Board de jour drum" it makes him sound so.......................intellectual :p !gotcha!

Other than that he is right. Or as he says:
"If you're still one of the "tag-a-longs" that hasn't figured out that hole glide doesn't clean very deep on cut pile, you're doomed to be a "fad follower" and will beat the "board de jour drum" all your life."

Hear, hear.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
no i always looked cross eyed at hole glides.....

ran a slot and it was ok...hybrid is where its at....

and yes you have to actually look and make sure yours jets are hitting the fiber and NOT the back of the glide :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
floorguy said:
and yes you have to actually look and make sure yours jets are hitting the fiber and NOT the back of the glide :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

actually, that once was a Board De Jour thing too, Doug ...."skimming" the glide was touted at "da chit" :roll:

Thanks Ofer
I don't get called "intellectual" too often ... :lol:
But I'll take credit for coining the phrase "board de jour"

I've watched the phenomenon for over ten years .
There's always some juice, method and/or tool on the ever evolving menu !gotcha!

..L.T.A.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Grease Eraser, sprayed down hot, dwell about 10-15, grease peels up like......butter, glide or no glide. I prefer the older PC Quad for resty work, or I drag out the RX20 slo-mo.

S

sam miller

I used to clean a mexican restaurant late at night I would hit it with enzall and a ton of heavy duty soil lifter which is a citrus based spotter. Then I would rinse with 90 and more soil lifter in the rinse and just replace chemical pump diaphragm.

Not a job I would do again unless the doubled down and kicked in free food. I hate those type jobs

HSeven

Re: 1st Restaurant Cleaning - follow up

Took everyone's advice and applied to my 2nd cleaning.

Let chem dwell longer, scrubbed, turned pressure up to 600, post padded and carpet turned out great! shiteatinggrin

no pics this time but will next.

Also, I'm a newbie and have a Prochem 4 jet 12" wand with a holed glide. So based on what you guys say the hybrid or
the slot is much better? :?:

Thanks so much for the help.
Brady

BillC

rwcarpet said:
Grease Eraser, sprayed down hot, dwell about 10-15, grease peels up like......butter, glide or no glide. I prefer the older PC Quad for resty work, or I drag out the RX20 slo-mo.
Grease Eraser has always been my #1 choice for restuarants. Now I'm using S&G but I will ALWAYS have Grease Eraser on standby! Grease Eraser is my first choice for tile & grout too... shiteatinggrin

BillC

Re: 1st Restaurant Cleaning - follow up

HSeven said:
Took everyone's advice and applied to my 2nd cleaning.

Let chem dwell longer, scrubbed, turned pressure up to 600, post padded and carpet turned out great! shiteatinggrin

no pics this time but will next.

Also, I'm a newbie and have a Prochem 4 jet 12" wand with a holed glide. So based on what you guys say the hybrid or
the slot is much better? :?:

Thanks so much for the help.
Brady
What chems did you use and how long did it dwell for?

HSeven

My S&G from Les did not come in time so I used a heavy degreaser called HDC-01 from my janitorial guy at $10.00 per gal.
I used 4oz/gal in a multi-sprayer , put down 6 gal, and let dwell for 30 min. I scrubbed with a green pad, Op'd with glad pads, HWE, and finally post padded. 225 sq feet.

Had to clean my pads with Biz detergent and Cascade - they were jet black! :shock:

Thanks,
Brady

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
sometimes u can not a get a years of grease out the first time
2 or 3 times u can get it look good

PCCN

akgolfpro said:
I would also cank up the PSI to 500-600 will make a huge difference!

Yep, totally agree to begin with. Yes, you MAY splatter grease but how hard is it to make one more stroke to remove it. If this is similar to many we begin with you feel as though you are walking on tar. Feet stick to it and make noise when you walk! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

After your initial cleaning it will be MUCH easier thereafter.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
HSeven said:
My S&G from Les did not come in time so I used a heavy degreaser called HDC-01 from my janitorial guy at $10.00 per gal.
I used 4oz/gal in a multi-sprayer , put down 6 gal, and let dwell for 30 min. I scrubbed with a green pad, Op'd with glad pads, HWE, and finally post padded. 225 sq feet.

Had to clean my pads with Biz detergent and Cascade - they were jet black! :shock:

Thanks,
Brady

WOW...6 gal of pre-spray for 225sf... :shock:
is that what you used??

that's sho-nuff plenty...and how

I wondering if 4 oz pr gal is strong enough??
(given that the juice is only $10 bukz a gal)

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom