2.5" cool cuffs

2.5" cool cuffs..which would you prefer?

• Total voters

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Joe Bristor said:
thanks for Good input guys.

Steve F. - I think you're hinting at basic latched 2.5?
More I think about, more I'm with you - the fewer moving parts the better right?

Steve G. -good points. sorry, but we threw away the mold on that one.
Nobody liked the exterior bars.
I have a a couple left. I'll study them closer.
Just not sure if we'll ever make it to last long as yours have.
call Guiness. maybe you were the first and the last.

Silicone or Gorilla glue both good to glue cuffs in place.
just need a tblspoon per cuff so you can break them loose if you need to.

No answer for hose breaking at the wand except less heat.
My heat shrink sleeves didn't work out too good.
2.5 hose more durable at the wand than 2" but it'll kill your shoulder :oops: after awhile.

joe, the ideal cuff would be the old style ones I have with the new style wide rounded ribs, but honestly I never had an issue with the sharper ribs, they self round them self by being drug on the ground after a few jobs. if you ever want to get rid of the last of those cuffs like my originals, let me know I will buy them for more than what you sell new ones for.

Joe Bristor

Michael,
Nothing new really. I only produced one style in 2.5, the 2.5 Swivel set.
Only change was numerous attemptes to get the right sized oring
and fix the dog-leg.
"dog leg" is the name I gave to the problem where the 2.5 Female partially comes apart. Usually happens when you've connected the hoses then you go around the reel. The pressure on the side of the connector tends to separate the two black plastic halves of the female part of the connector. The male usually stays connected to the female, but the female itself separates. It does a 30 degree bend to relieve the stress and looks like the back of a dog's leg. To fix the problem, we reinforced the female inside. As far as I know there hasn't been anymore dog-legging. If yours still does it then you have what I would call 'old style". Everybody was supposed to get free replacements. Let me know if you didn't.

Steve G said "joe, the ideal cuff would be the old style ones I have with the new style wide rounded ribs..."
OK Steve, keep outer surface as it is, improve the grab inside equal to yours, done. Also, would it bother you to have a latch as well? Nobody seems to have`a problem with it but Mike P?

Steve G said "... if you ever want to get rid of the last of those cuffs like my originals, let me know I will buy them for more than what you sell new ones for." OK Steve, I'll look but ... I know I had a box of these and another old style but I've moved a couple of times and things get lost. You might have a misfit issue, for that I'll just give you complete replacements to the newer style 2" latched sets. Guaranteed the most trouble-free connector I've made. You can remove the latch if it bothers you. same for anybody else with the long ribbed style.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
steve g said:
you guys need to keep in mind there is the right vac hose and the wrong vac hose, whatever vac hose greenie recommends is the stuff to get. I don't know who makes it, its not flexhaust but it looks just like it and is way more flexable, never breaks, it just works. then there is the dark blue vac hose with the black between the ribs, this is car wash crap hose. if your cuffs unscrew, just tighten thing all the way down if that still doesn't work just use some clear silicone on the hose and screw that onto the hose.

The vacuum hose that keeps breaking is from Greenie.....it is the type with the smother surface on the inside.....

100_3330.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
hogjowl said:
Oh, no wonder.

If you can't run real hose to the wand, then I can see why you needed that lift in the back of your truck. :wink:

don't pick on my lift......it was one of the smartest things I have done in a long time.......

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have some 2" with a latch which I bought probably 6 years ago. Still using them but never use the latch. The edge on the male part where the latch locks wore down from dragging on the ground. Won't this be a bigger problem with the heavier 2.5"?

Mikey P

Administrator
Joe

I don't really have that much a beef with the latch.

I just think that more of a turn with some ratchet would eliminate the need of it.

and "it" is always on the wrong side..

Joe Bristor

Shane T - 6 years on a hose connector, the latch support is worn down, but you don' use the latch anyway.
I'd be tickled
case for everybody,

Mike P - so you're OK with latch but still want a revolution ?
I'M STILL WORRIED ABOUT THE BULK OF 2.5 HOSE AND THAT THE 2.5 LATCHED CONNECTOR WON'T STAY SCREWED TOGETHER WITHOUT EITHER BEING LATCHED ALL THE TIME OR A SWIVEL TO RELIEVE THE TORQUE.

Anybody else want a 360 revolution or do you want to keep the 1/4 turn?

It's lookin like you guys want a regular 2.5 latched set with 1/4 turn revolution.

-no swivel ?
- just grab so good the latch is just there for pretty?
- no 360 revolution?

I think you're all gonna be fighting the latch every job the way it's going.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've got all 2.5 hose on the truck reel. Ive had the swivel cuffs unscrew and also pull apart. As long as I don't put too much strain on the cuffs when reeling in the hose the cuffs will stay together. No probs once its all laid out.
Hard to figure out why it unscrews every now andthen.

If you don't change anything else, put a latch on it.
If it can be turned tighter without a latch, great. AS Mike says, the dang thing is always on the backside of the cuff when the cuffs are tight.
Something better to hold the cuff together at the O-ringwould make it more secure.

Been 1.5yrs, no other probs yet.

I have the bend resister on the hose, haven't broken it since I got the new superflex.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
jim i have been running that hose with the liner for a while now with no problems. i think it is proflex hose and mine has held up very well.

what is the issue you are having with yours?

Joe Bristor

You gotta give weight to Ron Beatty's opinion cuz he's done as much with 2.5 cool cuffs as anybody.
He's the guy who came up with the dual wand reducer.
Are you still doing it that way Ron?

My latest thinking is a combo Joey, Stevie, Mikey cuff...

no latch,
Steve's grab - I doubt it'll look exactly like yours Steve, but should grab and hold real good,
Mike's 360 - great idea that deserves to be done,
Joe's swivel - so it's possible to do the 360 and not end up on your head, and keep my friend Ron happy.

Screw the latch. We won't need it.

If I do it right, and you don't abuse it, then you oughta get 2 years + out of the next 2.5 sets, so that'll be the guarantee.

OK?
Last call for al-ke-hol...
if you don't like this plan or you have a better one, speak up now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom