2.5 hose improves fuel consumption

Rex Tyus

2.5 " VAC HOSE FROM GREENGLIDES.

Seriously, I am sure everyone that has done the conversion has noticed improvement. However I am convinced the clutch driven pto will benefit the most. Since I started running 2.5" hose WOW.

An added benefit is a modest improvement in fuel consumption.

If you have a clutch seriously consider 2.5" hose.

Rex Tyus

The weakest link on a clutch driven system is, you guessed it the clutch. This weakness greatly limits the use of the blower especially the 56 or even the 47. Torque is the killer. The 2.5" lets the blower breath more freely reducing the drag on the clutch. Slide in units from what I understand will tolerate more restriction on the blower( commonly referred to as lift). The blowers on pto units are capable of much more than traditional configurations will allow due to the limitations of the clutch.
Thus the percentage of improvement I believe is greater for the clutch driven systems.

Greenie

I can't argue with you Rex, the irony is most of these clutch/shaft driven units are actually set up with 2.5" elbows off of the waste tank, (Butler/White Magic) so they are an easy swap over. Like it was meant to be.

With the addition of a few simple bolt on 2.5" mounting plates all the rest will be an easy swap as well.

Back
Top Bottom