2.5 inch hose with a 36 blower?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I am currently running all 2 inch hose to a two inch, glided, wand. Dry time reduction over what I was getting with the old 1.5 inch wand and whip hose is phenomenal.

Now is the time to consider the utility of using a 2.5 inch hose to the door. I have a 2.5 inch outlet on my tank, so can easily add the upgraded size, but ... will it matter?

Will my 36 blower benefit any from this?

G

A friend of mine has a hydramaster 4.7 and it only spins at 2000 rpms. The 2.5 inch hose doesn't seem to be noticeably better. I would bet the same with a 36 blower but I could be wrong.

Dave

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I had a spitfire 3.2, years ago and I think the hose coming from the blower is only 2". I can't see that going bigger out than you have in would do any good. However our Boxxer 427 made a huge difference going to 2.5".

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I do not have any 2.5 hose yet but, Is the plumbing 2.5" in and out of Your blower? If it is then you have the capacity to pull more air thru your system. I have a 36 blower on my backup T.m. and I originally plumbed it with 2" all the way thru the machine (tank,fittings in &out of blower and Muffler) vac was OK. Then I completely replumbed the machine with 2.5" one day and there was a difference in vacuum. The machine has to have enough airflow thru it before you add the 2.5"hose. I think The 2.5 hose would help but I honestly have not tried it yet.

Mister Sir

P.S. I have run 4 to the door on a 47 and there was a huge difference just not the 2.5 hose yet.

Eric S

I have a 36 and yesterday I ran 2, 2" hoses 50' out to a Y then the one 2" the rest of the way, I went another 100'. Quite frankly, I didn't notice any difference except the vacuum suction noise wasn't as loud. We cleaned 2 rooms and 3 halls. I run a glided RX20, we bonneted afterward and ran an airmover. The lady needed that first room dry as possible. When I collected the fans, the rooms were pretty dry to the touch. In your instance going to a 2.5" won't hurt, I'm still gonna play around with mine.

Eric

dgargan

go to the source

Why don't you just pick up the phone and call Greenie? Or if your to cheap to call ,e-mail him and he will call you. He knows his stuff and will help you.

G

Marty, do you have a kunkel/bayco valve? That might be the ticket as much as bigger hose.

hogjowl

Idiot™
No kunkle, Curt. Mike at TCS says you people with kunkles are fooling yourselves.

David - I started this thread hoping Greenie would chime in. I really don't care what the rest of you fools think ... I was just hoping to save a long distance phone call to Green Bean.

R

R W

Actually Marty, Greenie has a toll free number. He'll pick up the tab, tightwad.
He and Lisa have some neat solutions for vac improvement.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Why ask if you don't want an opinion? Call 1-866-GET-TEFLON TOLL FREE AND GET IT STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH, SO TO SPEAK.

Mister Sir

P.S. Marty I thought I was cheap but you take the cake. :wink: "If it's FREE it's Me"

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And he's an engineer?

Marty I say it won't work.

And those who do run the 2.5 are only kidding themselves because once it gets to the hose reduction part that's where the restriction begins.
You're just stretching it out farther until it catches up.

But I am no engineer on airflow and only rely on my common sense.

Fon Johnson

"But I am no engineer on airflow and only rely on my common sense."

Well.... DUH! We never would have figured THAT out if ya hadn't told us!

Greenie

Glad I waited, good entertainment.

Porky, I would love to sell you some 2.5', but with your system, I'm not sure you would get your money's worth from it.
Most days you run the vac booster right?

Although I think there would be a small increase in net vacuum, it probably wouldn't be a big enough deal on your 36.
Plus the additional PITA factor of storing and handling the larger hose, might not jive with your day to day happiness.

If anything, I would look to see what rpm your unit is running, and consequently what rpm the blower is spinning, and what is your current lift under block off conditions, there is a good possibility there is more to be had from your system.

You still running high heat?

ps: As for Jimmy's comments, whenever i hear engineer I am reminded engineers designed your cleanco 56, and your 1.5" castex wand and then I feel better about my "common sense" views.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Jimmy:

Using that reasoning, would it not be correct to say that you, too, are fooling yourself by running 2 inch hose into a 1.5 inch wand?

FastEddie

I bet if you change the pulley and overdrive that 36 will scream enough to want a 2.5" hose

Mikey P

Administrator
Well shit Jimmy, since you got that quarter inch slot on that perfect wand of yours why dont you save yourself a bunch of sweat and use Parflex for your vacuum hose.

Fon Johnson

Mikey P said:
Well shit Jimmy, since you got that quarter inch slot on that perfect wand of yours why don't you save yourself a bunch of sweat and use Parflex for your vacuum hose.

ROFLOL

That has to be the post of the year.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
be nice now , you all know old farts have to keep an eye on how they spend money , he,s gettin to that time of life now.

Fon Johnson

I new I could count on Jerry for another priceless post! LOL

Miss ya, buddy. We need to catch up soon.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
When you losers can show me a "Engineering degree" I'll listen otherwise its just another uNEDuMACATED opinion.

And for Mikey...that 1.5 inch castex tube and its smaller opening for less push /pull drag has "velocity at the slot" . :shock:

harryhides

Name
Tony
Too bad that Odin - who does have an engineering degree - doesn't have a toll free number for you numbskulls.

Greenie is an ex-window washer but at least he has the gumption to test things out - something that any BUTTWAD could easily do with their own particular set up. Just test with two, 2" hoses and see if there's any difference.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
But with any advice its best to be on the side of caution when its your own equipment.Who will take the blame when you implode your waste tank on the advice of internet advisors? Did you read the ICS board about the kunkles corroding up? You can only blame yourself for taking bad advice because they surely won't pay for your machine.

I'll trust a machine manufacturer and their engineers long before I trust some internet backyard mechanics.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Marty, you can make a three way 2" "Y" out of ABS plumbing pipe and some glue that even you can afford and then just run two 50 footers of 2" hose from your tm to the Y. It made a big difference for us and if it doesn't do it for you then you can offer your "Y" as a prize or sell it on e-Bay.
:p

Scott Rogers

Harry, He only has one 2 inch fitting on his truck. To do what you said he has to install a second 2 inch fitting on his tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom