2.5 inch hose with a 36 blower?

Greenie

Funny thing seeing Harry being up the window gig, just today Ms. Lisa made me clean all the windows in the house, inside and out, something about (What good is it marrying a window cleaner) brought back some memories, I'm a bit rusty, but she's shining now.

Now if i only knew a good carpet cleaner.

Unlike in the carpet biz, the window guys (especially hi-rise) have to fabricate much of their own gear, it's just a fact of life, so today's "gumption" isn't really anything more than an extension on those days of trying to get more out of your gear and cut off some time to make more money per hour, cause the window guys make half as much per hour as you carpet pros and work just as hard.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Marty...

If I remember correctly, the pulleys on your blower are larger than the ones on your motor, meaning that your blower is under-driven. If this is the case, making them at least the same size as the motor pulleys will give you noticeably more vacuum.

In truth, if you made the ones on the motor 10% larger than the blower pulleys, the blower would get noticeably more vacuum still. Doing this may seem to be pushing the blower beyond recommended range of 3,600 RPM, but in truth, the motor is likely turning at no more than 3,400, so the resulting 3,740 on the blower won't be exactly, "screaming", but believe me, you'll feel the difference... and the carpets will dry faster.

Duane

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Once a window cleaner....always a window cleaner.......not an engineer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom