2.5 Vacuum hoses

F

FB7777

Just ordered a 50' section of vac hose. I'm going to initially connect to the rear in line filter box direct. I also have a cool cuff connected on my live reel for the option of running the 2.5 hose off the live reel or through the filter box and not use the live reel.

I saw on pictures of a y connect (true 2) Bristor calls it on his site.

Is this a worthwhile addition?

My above set-up is simple and provides the option of going live reel or through the filter box without any modification. The cool cuffs are the same for either 2.5 or 2in hose.

Sometimes running out the side door off the live reel is more convenient, running out the back and the side isn't practical on occasion.

What say you?

Fred

G

Hey Freddy boy?
Whassup. Don't you have a Butler.. or am I mistaken.
If you do, I'll send you some pics..

I run the 2.5, original hose out to the Y.. and another 2'' hose.. from the second port that Butler didnt use.. and connect them to a Y..

Out the front of that Y.. I run 2.5'' to the door.. and got some of joes LIL Better Hose.. a 50' section of 2'' (best and most flexible hose i've seen).. Wow..

And its made a HUGE difference.

So i personally, having made the changes.. but admittingly, not a big TM talker,, think that using the second port.. is big.

i think you can run a 2.5'' off the tank.. and thats step one.
you can run 4" or 4.5 (like my setup).. off the tank.. (1 2'' hose and 1-2.5" hose off = 4.5''
and that set up is yet another upgrade.

and of course.. some could run the two hoses off the tank.. to the Y.. and then 2'' to the wand.. if they don't have the money to invest in the 2.5'' hose.. and the Y..
it takes a little money.. thats for sure.. but each step up is a step better.
For some.. like I was fortunate.. i got it all. made all changes at one time.
But for another.. i t may be the Y first.. and some coolcuffs.. and then maybe the 2.5'' hose later.. and a 2'' tubed wand.. with glide later on after that.

Each have their place.. and take cleaning to another level.

Flow and recovery babe'.. (and agitation when needed)).. but flow and recovery.

Take care. If you have a Butler. let me know... and I'll send you pics. They will be on Joes site for all Butler owners to see soon.

They are well worth it.

G

I didnt make it that hard did I brian.

Must be the California education system. ha. Just razzin ya friend.

I could have worded it a little less confusing I assume. ha.

Thang.. email me from my profile.. your email isnt included.
I am speaking only of Butlers.. I dont know much about other TMs..
although they all are similar.. in theory.

I try to keep it simple... in my personal changes.. because we can blow smoke up cleaners asses here.. trying to make this rocket science... and these changes are 1st grade stuff. Trust me.. If I can do it.. and in 20 mins to make a 33% difference.. anyone reading this can.

Because i'm TM dumb. I'll raise my hand on that one.. But I've opened up to learning.. heck.. nobody aroundhere does it.. so I have to be. I'm not driving to Joe or Greenie.. lol
Way too far.

Mikey P

Administrator
I wouldn't give Bristor the time of day.

If I go 2.5 I'll be supporting the folks who support this board.

Lisa and Greenie.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Come on Mikey tell us how you really feel.

I do and get blasted. That's ok, I have big shoulders.

I just spoke with Joe today, seemed to be in a good mood.

G

Why go through the filter box?

I pulled out the filter bag out of the tank, go right out of it with about a 8 foot chunk to get it out the port hole. Then I can hook it up OUTSIDE the van and go to town. Bypass that box and filter and one will pick up about 10-15% more suck. Bump that damn speed up...and change out the pulley too.

The old machine now has has alot of hours on it (6900) hours on that 47 cranking at more rpm with a smaller pulley on it... and the 03 is sitting at 2300 hours..and no problems.

I would love to go 2.5, but I use my hose. Today I was out at 175 feet. This happens 5-8 times a week with each van. No way in hell I could fit 125-150 feet of 2.5 on the hose reel and I don't have any room in the back to carry another 50 of 2 inch.

Chad

G

I agree mike.. support those that support you.

but at the end of the day.. people will support a lower price.. if its significant.. if they are getting the same product or better.

Unfortunately for Greenie and Lisa.. many manufacturers.. that claim to be their friends.. are so eagerly awaiting their lawsuit.. to reveal a winner.. so they can mass produce glides.. To an extent.. they're HIDING behind Greenie and lisa.. but not 'loyally'. They're out there.. and the monitor these threads.. under ficticious names.. both here and on the ICS.. Dont think they don't.

Same grade and type of teflon.. etc..

but the suggested selling price.. about 69-89.00
So greenie needs to milk that lawsuit out.. because when and if he wins..
Its gonna be a free for all.. in the glide market.

and at that the end of that day.. people wont be loyal to Greenie.. they'll be loyal to their billfold.. with all other variables like quality. material,, etc.. being constant.

Just like chemical sales now.. we nickel and dime suppliers to death.. for a buck or two. Imagine what we will do for a glide.. that we know costs about 22.00 bucks to produce..

will people be willing to buy it for 150-200 when their local suppliers will have access to it for 66% less..
You tell me.

G

Dobs,

Ride with me before you buy that Butler. If you do you will be buying an AT or Vortex.

When you buy things you should do as you wish your customers do. I don't buy something from someone just because it's cheaper. I don't want them to charge me more than they charge another cleaner though. I want the people I buy from to stay in business.

Some suppliers have higher overhead than others. Buy from who you like and don't go to someone else just because it's cheaper.

Dave

G

Some people live in a Van down by the river...some people own a house.

Enough said!

Chad

Mikey P

Administrator
So Steve,

You think it's OK to support the guy who took GG's glides to China to have them knocked off?

Shame on you.

If Joe wanted to enter the Glide market he should have designed his own and not ripped off their's 101%.

It was done purely out of spite and greed.

Joe and the GG's had a working relationship where they sold each other's products. When that relationship went sour ( basicly because JB is a nut case) He took his stock of GGlides over seas to get them knocked off.

Do you see GG selling Cuffs?

He's an outright asshole and I hate to see him get time on my board.

G

Joe, Greenie/Lisa.. they're all good.

Im sure there is alot of info behind the scenes.. that we lurkers will never know.

As i have found out.. there are 2 sides to every story.. that pretty much make it even in the end.

And let me add.. that not their situation.. but 2 sides to every story.
What happened to G and J.. is their biz.. No matter what either would tell me.. I DONT know what the truth is..

And as far as taking something to china.. i could care less.
if he did it to G. . or G did it to J..

Its biz... its supply and demand.. and its life.
Whatdo you think about GE.. Whirlpool. RCA and many of the automotive parts.. .. etc.. where do you think their components are made.. and why?
PRICE..

People aren't loyal to GREENIE. Joe.. Dobs or mikey.. they're loyal to price.. first and foremost.. they dont give a shit about the slowboat to CHINA.. 'rather.. what can you save them?".. present day dollars.

Thats the bottom line to about 99% of the world..
SAVE ME SOME MONEY..

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
BULLSHIT. It's not all about price. I'll pay Greenie more money all day long before I give that boner my money. I don't need anything to do with a fruitloop.

Mikey P

Administrator
Joe has all the broke dicks brainwashed to think that tuning a profit is evil.

JB will spend two hours on the phone selling a products virtues and giving his anti GG speech,, an hour packaging and driving the product to the post office from his lake home ( van), another half hour on the phone giving instructions all for 6 bucks profit.

He's the hero of the poor.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I invite price on some things but not all.

Have I bought from JB, yes: Greenie, yes: LC, yes. I like to spread the wealth.

I am broke and price sometimes helps. But I also strive to buy the best.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom