2.5"

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
You guys have done some really good Mods on your V but you haven't done the best Mod.

2.5" from the tank out, huge diff!!

I will be lifting the hose real up and moving my solution lines over like you did Jim. I think its a better fit. I like the new BLV design.

I will e-mail Jim my pics of the 2.5' if you will post them please?

The pics will show I was going to use filter socks. That lasted about a week, I run filterless now.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Adam,

Before you raise and move your reels give me a week and let me try something I am sure that I have a lot better way of doing this.

I found some new reels and will be getting them in a few days and this is going to change the entire configuration.

wish I would of thought of this the first time around........

PS nice rig...........

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
100 feet of 2.5" and 200 feet of 2"

95% of our hose runs are 100 feet. First 50' for each guy is 2.5", the second 50' is 2".

Next time I do it I will run 80' of 2.5" and 25' of 2". I think the closer you are with the 2.5" the better.

Greenie

We are hearing more and more guys shortening up the 2" lead hose, they say once you get acustomed to the 2.5" it's not that big of a deal 25' behind you, or even 15' behind you, it's fairly flexible.

It sure beats 2 - 2" hoses 25' behind you, right Dave?

G

You are right Greenie. I have 150 feet of 2.5 inch and 200 feet of 2 inch. I am running the 2.5 25 feet from the wand. No big deal. I have run 175 feet and you need ear plugs at the wand at 175 feet. I will be getting more 2.5 soon. Eventually I will have longer hose runs but not lately.

I agree with Adam. 2.5 hose is the way to go. 2 inch hose seems so puny now.

Dave

G

Mike,

Not yet. I wanted to see how I like this first. I think I will do it in the winter. I received Greene's adapter.

Dave

Greenie

Those reels can be a lot taller, I never understood a dual wand truck with a limit of 500', all it would take is a decent sized commercial job and you would be tapped out, and aren't these trucks just for jobs like big commercial with two wands?

Every inch you add to the reel is a lot more hose you can carry.

Bruce Parsons

I agree with Adam, if your not using 2 1/2 hose you don't know what your missing, especially dual wanding.

Thanks Dave for giving us your input, because of your info. we went with 2 1/2.

It has been the single most impressive difference by far we have done with our AT. It's like a different beast altogether.

AT is sending us a 2 1/2 inch collector box to replace our 2 inch.
We've decided not to go all the way to the tank because of what you have to do, but for now we are extremely pleased with the results.

Heck, I don't know if we want anymore suction. Maybe my kid does, but at 56 I'm almost through pushing the wand. I swear, dual wanding the other day we were cleaning a cut pile Saxony plush and my glided Ti-wand while dual wanding would lift the carpet up! The carpet was almost dry completely with no speed drying in about 45 minutes.

I predict that within a year, just about everybody will be using 2 1/2 inch hose.

Mikey P

Administrator
With my wimpy old 2" hose AND 012 flow I am already leaving them cool to the touch when I leave...

I really dont know if all the hassles are worth it.

No cuffs.

Less hose on the reel.

Bulky..

Like Bruce, I dont think I want to work that hard anymore.

I think the Bayco is probably enough. To be honest I am just not sure yet that even the Bayco is worth it.

Another week or so will tell.

G

Mike,

Your truck with 2 inch hose is like a portable compared to mine with 2.5 inch. Bruce is using 2.5 just not plumbing it 2.5 at the tank. There is no way you are getting it even close to as dry as with 2.5 unless you have super low humidity in your part of california.

Dave

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Mike,

I can't understand a guy like you that will not settle for anything but the best, you paid big money for a big blower use it!!!!

You are a the best or leave it type of guy, why would you not want to use the full power of that 6008 blower!!!

You couldn't take my 2.5" hose from my dead cold hands. Do it Mike step into the world of real cleaners. LOL

Bruce Parsons

Mike,
I'm sending our Bayco back, not because it didn't work , but because we couldn't justify spending the money for it when we really could not see a difference at the wand. The Bayco worked great, very clean on and off, cycled right, but in the end we couldn't see any improvement at the wand.

As far as the 2 1/2 being cumbersome, we found it much easier to handle then 4 to the door, it's much easier to just pull one hose out then two if your single wanding. Dual wanding is easy to, we just pull the 2 1/2 to the front door or maybe at the most inside the foyer. Sometimes depending on the job ( and we do large homes here) we will have to pull the 2 1/2 up to the top of the stairs. It's no big deal and it wraps up just fine. we have 150ft of it on the reel along with 100ft of 2 inch. We also have two fifty foot leaders hanging on each door in the back, AT made the hangers and there great.

By the way the results I reported were with us using a 50ft 2 inch whip.
Most of the jobs we do, we use 100ft + 50 ft 2 inch whip for upstairs (farthest point) and 50ft + 50 ft 2 inch for down.

Finally we are utilizing the full potential of this blower the way it should have been from the beginning.

Mikey P

Administrator
Oh brother...

You guys suck!!!!!!

So when do the cuffs come in?

Bruce are you going full conversion or will you run the three ports to a manifold?

Bruce Parsons

Yea,we really do suck! probably better then 99% of the cleaners out there.

Bristor already has them, and I know he's working on some adjustments.
The connectors we have work fine anyway, but it will be nice when we get the cool cuffs.

No I'm not going full conversion, I think the 2 1/2 inch collector box ( manifold) that AT's sending is as far as we will go.

I really don't think the extra fittings welded to the tank are going to make enough difference.

Now that might all change after I hear from Dave when he does his, but for now we really suck!!!!!!!

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Bruce, we did the full tank conversion and love it! This way we both have true 2.5" coming from the tank out. I will e-mail you the pics.

Al

So far my experience with the 2.5 hose is it takes much longer to ship than the 2" vac hose.

I order 2'' hose and can have it within 3 days, the 2.5 is taking weeks!

AL

Bruce Parsons

Don't know yet, but how much could it be?

We should be getting it this week, trouble is were to busy to put it in before Christmas, so we will have to wait until after the holidays.

Were getting so much suction now it's hard to believe that it will make that much of a difference, but it's not hard for a welder to do it, so we'll go for it.

G

I hope Mike is not planning on ordering one from Aero Tech. If they went out of business he would not be able to return it if he needed to.

Dave

Name
Lee Stockwell
"The fireman's rule? The male always points toward the fire." I'd get confused, is the fire in the van or is the house on fire?

G

So does all this stuff (like the 4 to the door, and the 2.5 vac hose) make an improvement on smaller machines or just on the giants? I have a Blueline Bluewave and a Boxxer 421......is it worth it to mess with all this or just get a kunkle and call it good?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom