Classified 2 bigred machines for sale

Sikkwilly

Name
Jeffrey Willis
One of the units here is a coupler system

I can't say for sure why pto but I like the idea of being able to disengage and those PTOs aren't prone to breaking in my experience. If I had to guess I'd say just because it is a simple solution and they are usually available already coupled.
Yes the isuzu ihas the coupler system,the perkins has a pto,those things last,heavy duty and its the same my buddy has to operate his wood chipper,1500$ just for clutch whoa ,engine is going for 5000$ used in sail boats, isuzu engine going for 4k on ebay
I picked um up for a 1000$

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
@bob vawter what is that big lever out front for?

thats the clutch lever...lift up to engage the belt system...cant tell for sure but that looks lik a Hydra Cell D 12 pump capable up to 2500 psi as opposed to the smaller D 10s that i used....
the real question IS: what kinna waste tank? The Bates tanks were really a POS!

FredC

Village Idiot
I picked um up for a 1000$
sounds about right for what you have there..........

The work/parts to bring these up to "reliable" would be quite the investment. Not to mention if you wanted to change the heating system.

If you were closer I'd make an offer on one so I could play with it.

@Mikey P is the IICRC museum up and running yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sikkwilly

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
a used D 12 goes for 6 or 7 hunnert then the blower is worth maybe another 7 or 8 hunnert..the motor would require a compression test to be sure
sounds about right for what you have there..........

The work/parts to bring these up to "reliable" would be quite the investment. Not to mention if you wanted to change the heating system.

If you were closer I'd make an offer on one so I could play with it.

@Mikey P is the IICRC museum up and running yet?
Have a taxidermist do up Kesslar as a greeter at the door.....

Sikkwilly

Name
Jeffrey Willis
thats the clutch lever...lift up to engage the belt system...cant tell for sure but that looks lik a Hydra Cell D 12 pump capable up to 2500 psi as opposed to the smaller D 10s that i used....
the real question IS: what kinna waste tank? The Bates tanks were really a POS!

Not sure if the waste tank is attatched,there is a stainless box on the isuzu but not the perkins,there are two mufflers under it and what looks like a black ,thinking fuel but couldnt see the cap anywhere but there is ful in it,i turned it over today but couldnt get it to fire,compression is there,fuel is there but i dont think the plugs are heating up or im not turning something on correctly,hit it with starting fluid lightly but still no fire,engines turnover slowed when either entered intake,im guessing its a wire somewhere,im not a mechanic but i can figure just about anything out if i focus a little and trust me,this thing has my attention,i think im going to end up keeping it lol

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
The plugs fire on Compression not heat.....check the injection pump first.....and hold on to yor wallet..if you've
Opened any fuel line or even opened a fuel
Filter........yor screwed!

Sikkwilly

Name
Jeffrey Willis
Not sure if the waste tank is attatched,there is a stainless box on the isuzu but not the perkins,there are two mufflers under it and what looks like a black ,thinking fuel but couldnt see the cap anywhere but there is ful in it,i turned it over today but couldnt get it to fire,compression is there,fuel is there but i dont think the plugs are heating up or im not turning something on correctly,hit it with starting fluid lightly but still no fire,engines turnover slowed when either entered intake,im guessing its a wire somewhere,im not a mechanic but i can figure just about anything out if i focus a little and trust me,this thing has my attention,i think im going to end up keeping it lol
The plugs fire on Compression not heat.....check the injection pump first.....and hold on to yor wallet..

There are two solenoid looking things with what looks like positioning bars attached to intake and maybe some sort of valve,couldnt get them to move in the slightest,not even sure if they would without it running, "as i know nothing about deisel engines, im honestly more interested in the engine and the pto,i could honestly put the motor on anything,from asking around 3600 hours isnt max hours but its not a little bit either so i wanna be careful as im leaening it,it really is an intriguing machine,
If i did keep it i wonder what it would take to convert it to a trash pump/pressure washer/generator lol all in one tool lol. Just brainstorming,the odds are low that ill prob even get it started lol A.D.D.at its finest lol

20190926_104012_Film2.jpg 20190926_104030_Film2.jpg

Sikkwilly

Name
Jeffrey Willis
The plugs fire on Compression not heat.....check the injection pump first.....and hold on to yor wallet..if you've
Opened any fuel line or even opened a fuel
Filter........yor screwed!
lol ive not opened anything at all yet,engine does have a prime pump on the side of it though,my x had a jetta tdi and she didnt know how keep fuel in it so i know very little but the fuel breach i do know of

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
You have two machines there.....keep the big blower and pump one and shitcan the smaller one for pocket change....

Sikkwilly

Name
Jeffrey Willis
Tell you what,5 days ago i didnt know shit about any of this,gene bates spared no mercy on rugs,these machines are insanely built,im looking over the spec on these parts and they are heavy duty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom