20 buses with 50 seats each.... how much?

Mikey P

Administrator
I've never done something like this.

How long would it take two of us to bang out each but with the V?

Vacuum pre spray and Prochem uph tool rinse?

1b8e5cca.jpg

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
$2k or so... It'll take an hour per man per bus or so. Prespray a row then move hoses. Like a movie theater.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
3-5 mins per seat, if you are indeed vac, prespray and rinsing. A little over an hour per bus, dual wanding and or 1 person cleaning, the other prespraying, and wiping things down, and hitting those head rests after extraction with a towel.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I tried bidding some at $250 per, didn't get 'um. I had no idea how long it would take either, an hour for two guys seems pretty quick.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
$2-3 per bus and a little over an hour per seems right so if dual wanding you should be able to make about $200-300 an hour for the 2man crew and V.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
That's a job for Xerion if I ever saw one.

Way faster, way easier set up. Just as good or better appearance.

Are they requiring HWE or did you decide on that method?

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Damn. All that suck to run two upholstery tools!

If I was an unethical cleaner I'd be tempted to leave the V idling with hoses tucked in the buses while I ran my right angle grinders and Xerion.

Any chance you can tell them that in your professional opinion you recommend a different method for this job....especially if you let him know you can do it quicker and less expensively (and quieter) and have it look just as good?

Take care,
Lisa

R

rotovacguy

Watch yourself, Greg Cole may put a bid in on that job and have a tech or 2 of his drive out there, on their own dime, of course!! :lol:

With his awesome algorhythm trickery, he'll soon have them believing his 500 psi porty is far superior and faster than your Vortex!

Saddle up, partner, we've got us a road trip!!

starrett

You may want to check fabric to see if it is wool. Wool is used often for durability and fire resistancy.

Name
BradFenstermaker
2.5 days, 9 to 2pm for $2200 dollars.

Make sure the honey tanks in back are cleaned before you climb in those babie's.

Greenie

Dude...three buses into that day and you'll be looking for a good bottle of Cab.

They don't "look" real dirty, but V or not I agree with Lisa, a quick scrub with some Xerion and buffer (or possibly todays Snake Oil) and you'll stay ahead of the cleaning curve, then you can mist and suck with yoru prochem tool as you see fit with the V running idle....lol

Yes, I will help if you need it, just book it.

Greenie

Mikey P said:
I fly with a PC tool.

FLY!

Easy now....letting your inner coit show a bit.

And it's Mexicun for turkey day, gotta see what else is on the menu maybe Demien will be doing some Roast Beef as well as the dried bambi Jerm might send out.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
thats worth at least 250/bus
think of the work you would put into a sofa and what you would charge for that, ESP if you're going to prevac.
With your V you could clean two buses at the same time.

Demien

Pleasanton, Ca. (just east of San Francisco)
Name
Demien lucero
I would run 2 - 2 man crews each runnig off a 2.5 hose with a splitter floor guy goes in and presprays with snake oil and scrubbs the headreast. Second guy starts rinseing with snake oil In rinse. Floor guy starts rinseing As chair guy wraps up chairs and starts applying protectant. Crack open windows and place a blower.
Cost per bus 280 + 95 for protection. 1 hour 15 min max per bus.
If you need them I have 2 prochem uph tools.
Demien

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Where are you geniuses buying your calculators? At 2 minutes per seat it's over 1.5 hours. At 3 minutes per seat it's 2.5 hours. If you think you can blow through these at a minute each, you're crazy. These seats will be filthy all over and will have to be thoroughly cleaned.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I did some buses eaelier in my life and you would definitely have to prevac. They will be loaded with dust and dirt.

R

R W

Mike.....wit your big arse, it would be tough moving around those seats. Those 2-3 minute a seat times would surely turn into 4-5-6 minutes as you run into stains, and vaccing the excess water from the overspray on the floor. I would say at least 3 hours a bus, single tool. I will have a school chair job coming up in December....maybe 350 chairs. I did them last year, and planned on flying through them until we ran across stains and dust. I did buy another PC upholstery tool to help out with the chairs last year. That helped ALOT!

And your wrist and arm gets real tired after a few hundred seats. But I forgot....I'm dealing with young pups here, not 56 year old cleaners. I can work all day, but it gets a little wearing after 5-6 hours of constant cleaning.

At least $300 a bus. Sounds like the local theaters......they want all their seats done for like....$1.00 a piece! Dark, nasty, stanky locations!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom