20 years

Mikey P

Administrator
Shortly after the Prochem Hydraulic PTO fiasco at Coit, I went on my own..
IMG_20191117_082025.jpgIMG_20191117_082234.jpgMVIMG_20191117_082249.jpg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm horrified in that I think I may be related to Matt...
As long as the Pailliotet's didn't get their groove on with the Mascari clan over there in CA, I doubt there's any relation, other than the desire to smell the latest prespray on the shelf

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Well, congrats, Mike. You're statistically 1 in 5 since roughly only 20% of businesses make it to year 20. From the stats I've looked at, surprisingly more businesses tank or go away around years 21-25. Wonder if that is due from burn out, O/O hanging up the wand, or sale of the business?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Well, congrats, Mike. You're statistically 1 in 5 since roughly only 20% of businesses make it to year 20. From the stats I've looked at, surprisingly more businesses tank or go away around years 21-25. Wonder if that is due from burn out, O/O hanging up the wand, or sale of the business?
Burn out. If ya get off the truck and have employees, you can go much longer. Evergreen looks like it gonna go for the long haul. I think itll be around for 30 years

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I remember being in biz for 5 years , taking out a full front page ad in my local money saver mailer and being so proud of our ‘longevity’

that was in 1993 :eekk:

I knew you were getting close to 30. You were a 10-year vet when I entered the industry. I started in 2003 and have been around half my life now even being on a different side of things.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
3 weeks, because I still clean my own stuff at times. I chum with some of the local rug scrubbers and be THAT annoying guy.

But a week ago I helped my sister(owns a jani/maid company) scrub some VCT at a new dollar general so they could open.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
They Die

Mikey P

Administrator
That was a very stresful times..

We were just starting the business in 2001, bought a brand new Butler ..only had a handful of die-hard Coit customers that I figured would stay with me and we were in the process of selling our condo and bought the big house in Aptos when the twin towers debacle happened and the condo sale fell through.. I got a brand new business, few customers and two mortgages.. I think I weighed about 165 in that photo

Last edited:
F

FB7777

I knew you were getting close to 30. You were a 10-year vet when I entered the industry. I started in 2003 and have been around half my life now even being on a different side of things.
I started in 1988

SamIam

Name
sam miller
That was a very stresful times..

We were just starting the business in 2001 bought a brand new Butler ..only had a handful of die-hard quite customers that I figured would stay with me and we were in the process of selling our condo and bought the big house in Aptos when the twin towers debacle happened and the condo sale fell through.. I got a brand new business, few customers and two mortgages.. I think I weighed about 165 in that photo

That would definitely be stressful.
Was Paula running a daycare????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom