2002 gmc van 5.0

glenboy

Name
GLEN
van runs fine until i step on the gas,it wont kickdown and it just wants to bog with very little acceleration. :| :| i could use some advice

Bob Foster

dirty fuel filter, vac line disconnected, very dirty air cleaner filter or bad Karma from not pre-vacuuming.

Mike Draper

Dirty fuel filter. They are cheap. However,if you burn up your fuel pump your looking $500+ for a pump.

Change your air filter first.

Mine was slow to get going, but a new filter fixed that. I am getting a tune up as soon as I get a day off.

Also you need to check the mass air flow sensor which is right behind the air filter.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
thanks to u all,i am gonna check all of the above.and start pre vac-n !gotcha! !gotcha!

glenboy

Name
GLEN
a fuel pump for my van is 200.00 so check in the fuel filter is a good idea,while i was on the phone checkin prices,a fuel pump for my 2002 s-10 pickup with a E-85 (ethanol) fuel system,$ 780.00. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Ivebeensold Ivebeensold

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
The pump for the van may also be $800. to install because they have to drop the tank.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
First is your light on? If it is check the codes. Second those have a mass air flow meter that is very sensitive. Easy fix though, just spray it out with mass air flow sensor cleaner to fix it. Actually no matter what I would do this. Dust builds up and really affects the way they work. Fuel filter is another should do no matter what. If you step on the gas and it is sluggish it should be throwing a code. Those computers can detect misfires, if your wires or plugs are not working rigtht.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
got it fixed,thanks for all of the advice.I pulled the coil and inspected it and it was showing signs of electrical leakin,so i pulled the coil bracket which also has the ICM mounted to it (ignition control module) these should both be replaced together.Coil 30.00.....ICM 92.00 and bam she is cleanin again shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

glenboy

Name
GLEN
dropped van off at dealership,hard start when cold and boggs when u push pedal down too far. :shock:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
glenboy said:
dropped van off at dealership,hard start when cold and boggs when u push pedal down too far. :shock:

It's time for your cornholing.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
fuel pump only putting out 35 psi on cold start,Once it was warm it ran 55 psi.dealership wanted 750.00 with lifetime warranty on pump and done today,I am happier than a pig in shit.got a boat load of work tomorrow and my van is runnin great

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom