2007 Chevrolet c4500 "carpet shampoo" truck

Bob Foster

Ron Werner said:
if I was moving to a Sprinter or narrower box, I'd be spending some extra money anyway, the vertical FW tanks aren't that expensive and reworking the waste tank might be a 1000 or more, trim it down and or I'll just redesign it for space saving. 3 yrs with the box truck and there's only been a couple places I couldn't get into, one place I wouldn't have even tried to get in with a Sprinter or regular van

One of those West Coast Road driveways as your heading toward French Beach?

Yeah its possible. What I would do is slice the vac tank to 2/3rds it width and use the same water tank I have or restore the tank under the CanAm and lose one tank. Also upper mount the LG. Get me a truck and I will do it for you,

Let me finish my Suzi and then I will take the wrap off of mine and you can use it while I do your conversion.

But if you are going to a box van the Isuzu makes a better box van than the Sprinter and the availability of used stock is higher and the prices are lower with a Suzi.

Bob Foster

Jim Martin said:
the W4500 will out last and out pull the c4500...gas is cheaper and machine is cheaper to run........99% of the time you can put that truck any where you can put an extended van....turning radios is 10 time better.....

Those C4500 trucks look ugly.

BUT the one very good thing they have going for them is the Allsion transmission - tougher and programmable.

Chris A

Name
Chris
The latest Isuzus have a 6-speed tranny that I imagine closes that gap, don't know about programmable though.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
don't know what diff it makes what kind of box is on the back. You can get a Sprinter cab and chassis that is that same as a cabover-chassis, just difference in shape. Might be a diff in price but don't the SPrinters get better mileage and performance?

The hill I couldn't get up was in E Sooke. There was one the other day on WC Rd I was hoping I wasn't going to need to back down, 2/3rds up and just inching up the hill... I think I can, I think I can :roll:

Bob Foster

The front end suspensions suck on the sprinter when you have all the weight in them with a loaded box truck. The Suzi front ends are heavier and the turning radius is tighter. Also if you go the sprinter van with a box on the back you will run right up max against their highest available GVW they put in them.

With a Suzi you can go up one more notch in rear end capacities and not stress the truck.

Also with the extra weight the Suzi has way more torque and horsepower to handle the load.

Bob Foster

You might be confused about my preferences. I wouldn't mind a sprinter panel van 3500 raised roof 170" but not a Sprinter box van for the above listed reasons.

Your equipment as it is would not fit in a Sprinter panel van. Modified it could fit into a Sprinter box van but personally I think its the wrong box van to drive.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Bob Foster said:
[quote="Jim Martin":1qlooj7g]

the W4500 will out last and out pull the c4500...gas is cheaper and machine is cheaper to run........99% of the time you can put that truck any where you can put an extended van....turning radios is 10 time better.....

BUT the one very good thing they have going for them is the Allsion transmission - tougher and programmable.[/quote:1qlooj7g]

how well do you figure that Allsion will pull that brick up an incline.........???

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Personally I like your current box truck much better than the brick.

I like Jim truck much much better than the brick.

The brick is just too short, makes it look out of porportion. It's too tall for such a short length. Maybe it's just me. :|

Bob Foster

Jim Martin said:
how well do you figure that Allsion will pull that brick up an incline.........???

Weight is weight but the Allison 1000 have a very good service record in more severe duty.

If you want to see an interesting truck that will become the new standard in LCF quality look at the new Hino COEs Model 155 or 185 that were reintroduced into North America this year. They will be expensive but have the legendary Hino/Toyota quality.

G

greentech

Bob Foster said:
Oh yeah???

Bring it on!

DSC02631.jpg

DSLow2.jpg

Bob, that has got to be one of the most "sensible" wraps that I have ever seen.
Company name, logo. What you do and how to reach you.

I see so many wraps that are so busy you cant even read (find) a phone number even if you can figure out what they do.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Jim Martin said:
[quote="Bob Foster":263b9tgk][quote="Jim Martin":263b9tgk]

BUT the one very good thing they have going for them is the Allsion transmission - tougher and programmable.[/quote:263b9tgk]

how well do you figure that Allsion will pull that brick up an incline.........???[/quote:263b9tgk]

The tranny will help but the 300 Hp and 520 pounds of torque will help more. So will dropping a chip in it for better gas mileage and power.
Even with all the weight it would run away from a Diesel Isuzu. better top speed and cruising speed also.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The Chevy W4500 are not diesel......the truck has power to spare....although they look alike...there is a big difference in power and performance compared to the diesel Isuzu

C

clean image

My 2 cents, thought I would share

I have 06 sprinter cab chassis with 14 foot box

We just finished narrowing box to 80", cut height down to 7'10"

Cut off rear frame behind the duals, dropped frame 16 inches and extended 3'

The body sides dropped to center of wheels for maximum wrap

I'll post pics soon, not completed yet

Reasons
1. Fits in my garage
2. Low 16 inch rear floor deck to load my heavy stone equip
3. Narrow body for residential
4. Duals can carry my weight
5. The most fuel efficient work diesel engine.

Bob Foster

I can appreciate why you cut everything back. That is one of the reasons the Hackney plumber body is so popular. Your dimensions are similar to some of theirs. If you have pictures of the body chop in progress I would like to see them.

Here is a Sprinter with a Hackney plumber body.

HS.jpg

C

clean image

Let's see if pics load?

Yes similar except with roll up rear door and lower rear deck
And FRP sides which allows easier side modifications

Back
Top Bottom