2007 Vortex7000HAT vs. 2007 AeroTech

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
If you were adding a truck, and had the option to buy either or, which truck would you purchase and why?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Yeah thats what Im thinking but isn't the 7000HAT pretty much the same thing? Is just has a different heat exchanger?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Dan why leads you to that decision? I know that the AT is a great option and they are obviously still in production but is there anything specifically that makes the 07' V a higher risk than that of the AT?

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
My friend/local competitor Paul Craig is selling his 2007 HAT, its super nice, has spray foam insulation on the walls/ceiling and elephant bark on the floor. Super quiet.

He has it listed on Pacific vacuum

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I gave Lochart first crack at this but I have a customer with a 2008 BlueLine 7000HAT 1681 hours 13300 miles. AT just put in the new upgraded blower from tuthill a month ago. It is MINT 65K.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
133K miles good googly woughly was it a part-time Taxi? :eekk:

$65K GEEZZZZZ....for a used machine?

And ya fookers think I'm crazy!

A Carpet cleaning machine....it cleans carpet right?

"Honey we can't eat this week, gotta make the machine payment." :winky:

....it cleans carpet right? :p

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Ben, having been the owner of a 2006 V and now a 2004 V First off I would choose the 2004 over the 2006 I had except for fresh water tank. I would go AT all the wAy! If I am not mistaken 2007 was when they added the blower heat exchangers and the shield. Over the blower with cooling fans and my understanding this created "many" issues and extra headaches, you have an AT that should tell you all u need to know

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Ben, having been the owner of a 2006 V and now a 2004 V First off I would choose the 2004 over the 2006 I had except for fresh water tank. I would go AT all the wAy! If I am not mistaken 2007 was when they added the blower heat exchangers and the shield. Over the blower with cooling fans and my understanding this created "many" issues and extra headaches, you have an AT that should tell you all u need to know

I have a 07 AT and it only has that cover around the blower :p

This truck is SOOOO much better then a 05 AT that i worked with

Reactions: Mikey P

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis

maybe I wasn't clear, I was talking about them adding the blower heat exchanger with fins etc to the V not the AT. I know AT has made many great changes to their units over the years without over engineering it like the V did. This is "my" oppion and I sticking to it!

i forgot Ron's last name but he had multiple issues with both of his trucks, not sure what ever come of it, no one is talking.

Chris A

Name
Chris
maybe I wasn't clear, I was talking about them adding the blower heat exchanger with fins etc to the V not the AT. I know AT has made many great changes to their units over the years without over engineering it like the V did. This is "my" oppion and I sticking to it!

i forgot Ron's last name but he had multiple issues with both of his trucks, not sure what ever come of it, no one is talking.

Ron Beatty, and yeah, I wonder what ever happened to him. personally I wouldnt buy either truck because their both six years old and more than half wag through their usable life

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Ron has/had a completly different V. Rotomold fresh water tank, etc. My truck has the extra heat exchanger but it is nothing like Ron's. I believe I got the 2nd to last truck made before they switched over to new design.

Ron Beatty, and yeah, I wonder what ever happened to him. personally I wouldnt buy either truck because their both six years old and more than half wag through their usable life

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

That is just a safety cover for the belts, not a heat exchanger setup wich is quite a stupid idea seeing as how these truck produce so much heat just from The exhaust.

Problem is positive displacement blower are only supposed to "work" on one end of the blower not both ends. By placing a heat exchanger on the other side of the blower, now you are making the blower "work to suck the are in and blow the air through the heat exchanger on the other side, wich will wear the blower out faster than designed to wear.

Reactions: BLewis

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Ben you seem to have a better ran operation than me so fill me in if Im missing somthing... You seem to have an awfull lot of issues with finding a tm you are happy with that doesnt give you a bunch of problems. I also notice you have gravitated to the tm's that are the hardest to work on and maintain ( everest, hm titan,at , etc) why not just get a judson, cobb, tcs, or some other non designer open concept unit that isnt over engineered and is easy to maintain? my plan for our business is to by open concept slide ins from here on out and replace components as needed and avoid shelling out the money for a new unit. Just wanted to remind you that we are cleaning with these machines not taking them to a fashion show

Reactions: Russ T. and Mikey P

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I think if Judson built a HX system that gave me the same power as the V or AT I would definately buy from them. The C4 isn't attractive because of the propane etc.

Judson if you're listening/watching. We should get together to build a HX machine that gets put into a Isuzu, slide in with #5 or 6 blower!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I think if Judson built a HX system that gave me the same power as the V or AT I would definately buy from them. The C4 isn't attractive because of the propane etc.

Judson if you're listening/watching. We should get together to build a HX machine that gets put into a Isuzu, slide in with #5 or 6 blower!

check your pm's ben

Last edited:
Reactions: bensurdi

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Cobb builds a 38 hp hx slide in with a 56 blower, you have the option of a 175 gallon waste tank or 100 fresh 75 waste split for like 17 grand. Looks all open and mega easy to work on not ocver engineered with a bunch of electronics and such . I know your into the prom queen designer truckmounts but this might save you some time in maintaining

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom