2017 Chevy express.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I finally got a new van. Went with the Chevy since my 1st van was a gmc and was comfortable to drive. I have a dodge now and it’s a rough ride. I couldn’t go high top because too many of my accounts have access issues.

So I have noticed many changes with the van.
The cargo doors do not open all the way back like they used to.

I run propane and there is some big box mounted on the frame that is right in the way for me to mount the tank.

There is also twice as many heat shields under the van and they seem to be held in with little nail in fasteners instead of sheet metal screws or bolts.
This install looks like it’s going to be a pita.

Any suggestions for van floor and insulation on walls. I’m in California so if I insulate well I might not need a heater in the winter.

Also anything I should be aware of on this van when installing the tm. I’m out of touch with new vans. I have had a 02 gmc and 97 dodge so this thing has so many gadgets that I’m actually reading the owners manual now. It’s in the shop getting an alarm and a GPS tracker put on it now.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I had a TCS Warrior installed in a 2014 Chevy recently. The distributor just put the bolts all the way through the heat shields. I don't think they had any trouble mounting the propane. I'm not sure what the box is. I rolled 3 coats of Hurculiner on the floor and up the wheel wells before the install so she won't rust.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I know how to hold the piece back as you open it, they changed the hinge so it doesn’t go all the way back.

FredC

Village Idiot
I know how to hold the piece back as you open it, they changed the hinge so it doesn’t go all the way back.
D90A647A-EBA9-42C9-B5BB-610BEBF0FDA0.jpeg

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/da...als/2017/Chevrolet/Express/Owner's Manual.pdf

Reactions: hogjowl

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I’m going to go with the raptor liner and use angle iron to make a dam on both sides of the machine. Not sure if I’m going to do wood floor in the back.

I noticed today that the cargo door hinges are not bolted. Hinges are welded on.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I’m going to go with the raptor liner and use angle iron to make a dam on both sides of the machine. Not sure if I’m going to do wood floor in the back.

I noticed today that the cargo door hinges are not bolted. Hinges are welded on.
Thats what I used. Buy it off Amazon. It was 1/3 the price of the auto paint stores price.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Tomorrow morning the van gets the windows tinted, new radio and backup camera. Then time to do the floor.
The back up camera is a great feature. Gives you the assurance there are no kiddos or animals back there. I ran over a customers dog once. Didn't kill him but he was injured pretty bad. I thought he was still inside their car but they had let him out before I pulled away. It also comes in handy backing up with a truckmount blocking your view.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
They mounted it inside the third brake light. It's cool because it gives me a whole view of what's around me. Especially if I'm going to clear one of those apartment carports

Reactions: Jim Williams

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
The back up camera is a great feature. Gives you the assurance there are no kiddos or animals back there. I ran over a customers dog once. Didn't kill him but he was injured pretty bad. I thought he was still inside their car but they had let him out before I pulled away. It also comes in handy backing up with a truckmount blocking your view.
not the same van as you but I've just got 2 cameras for mine. 1 is reversing, 2nd is 3/4 back on passenger side to cover the muzza of all blindspots on my transit

Reactions: Jim Williams

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom