Mikey P

Administrator
Steady as she goes or will you be taking a different approach to cleaning, marketing, business structure or your real life?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Who knows for me... Just going to keep on moving and learning as much as I can. Maybe I'll be brave enough to get a helper.

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
I started this in March.

Every month has shown Improvement.

The holiday period has been very quiet and it will pick up next week.

The rest has been good because I trapped a nerve in my left thigh on Christmas Eve and could hardly move. 2 appointments with a myotherapist using needles and cupping has fixed it.

Pretty good timing.

More of the same for 2019.

SteamwayPro

Supportive Member
Name
George
I want to do more VLM cleaning. I say that every year but I hope to actually do it this year. Tired of pushing a wand and dragging hoses and bigger profits with VLM.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I want to do more VLM cleaning. I say that every year but I hope to actually do it this year. Tired of pushing a wand and dragging hoses and bigger profits with VLM.
Me too. I've had some nice vlm jobs this year and am looking to expand. It's so easy, it's like stealing money and the results have been impressive so far.

SteamwayPro

Supportive Member
Name
George
Me too. I've had some nice vlm jobs this year and am looking to expand. It's so easy, it's like stealing money and the results have been impressive so far.
That's what I always say. VLM is like stealing money.

I'm not tired, I'm not sweating after I get done. It's like stealing money, but the results are very good, and the profit is better than HWE, and you don't have all the worries that go with a TM. I need to do more VLM this year.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Going to get my license back.

drivers license??
HTH did you lose them??

adjudicated mentally deficient?
(meaning you did enough stOOpit chit to lose them)
......................................................................................................................

4 solid months in control of the reins of the new gig
most of it squarely in my comfort zone and has been easy to identify the problems ..some easy to fix and already corrected with better coordination and efficiency .
Some more endemic that will take time to get the ship turned in a better direction

I'm enthused and looking forward to the coming year
(it helps that we already have a $5.5mil contract in the bag projected to start late this month)

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
drivers license??
HTH did you lose them??

adjudicated mentally deficient?
(meaning you did enough stOOpit chit to lose them)
......................................................................................................................

4 solid months in control of the reins of the new gig
most of it squarely in my comfort zone and has been easy to identify the problems ..some easy to fix and already corrected with better coordination and efficiency .
Some more endemic that will take time to get the ship turned in a better direction

I'm enthused and looking forward to the coming year
(it helps that we already have a $5.5mil contract in the bag projected to start late this month)

..L.T.A.

Do the crews still think you're a homo?

• Haha
Reactions: FredC

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Do the crews still think you're a homo?

didn't ask...
But I got their attention when I canned the biggest loozer right quick and gave another one the rest of the week off disciplinary when he missed a Monday due to a lack of Vagisil or something

They know there's a new sheriff in town that's "out 'n proud" tho

..L.T.A.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
a friend of mine that knows I enjoy woodworking..and hadn't seen in years, showed me some pics of his new hobby..

building heavy medieval type tables very similar to this

He's not a pro, nor even a carpenter (he's a commercial pressure washer)
...and a workaholic that can't sit still

Using oak he felled from his own property, and cut into lumber using a chainsaw and simple bar/rail fixture , then hand planer like your son, finished off with belt sander to 120grit

From the pics I saw his joinery fit and craftsmanship was outstanding!!
The fit 'n finish rivaled any Amish furniture maker

he sold a few .
Then mentioned some issues he was having..

cupping/curling and splitting on a couple he sold.
You guessed it...From live tree to finished table in a week .
He was simply unaware lumber needed to be dry...:frown:

I gave him the scoop on where kiln drying service can be found
and how long it takes/how to dry stacked at home

the capable guy/workaholic part...
I'll bet he's built his own simple drying kiln powered by windmill generator, solar panels, and washing machine parts

..L.T.A.

scotty747

Find money. Already saved 1800 by changing my phone plan. Looking at insurance, and other things next. Also getting my drivers license back. And of course more VLM.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Off the truck a bit more.
It’s hard work! I worked last part of 17 and all of 18 purposely staying off the truck. Maybe 3 or 4 jobs with others or by myself. I’ve invested a lot this past year and plan on staying off the truck. I’m officially totally managing at 67. I’m still working on incorporating my girls in the management part, and that will happen more this year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom