23 yr old carpet/never cleaned

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I know someone who hasn't had theirs cleaned in 17 years. Looks like most folks 6 month old carpet. I don't get it.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
some poeple can up keep their carpet if they are very thoruogh with their vaccuum and they are using a good vacuum but i would speculate that those kind of people are in the 1% or less range of all poeple.

Name
Eric Valentine
My step-grandmother has 26 year old carpet that she claims has never been cleaned. No spray foam, no Bissel/Hoover/Rug Doctor. Vacuums at least 3 times a week. Spills get blotted with a dry towel, then blotted with a damp towel (or so she says). That carpet looks like it is in brand new condition. I would love to clean that carpet and show her the black water that would come out. Probably a lot of carpet fresh powder in the carpet too.

Mike Draper

it's the old nylon, i swear! I cleaned some that was 32 years old, looked like brand new when I was done. :shock:

TimP

The people that walk in with socks, vacuum their carpet properly and never eat or drink near their carpet are the ones that can make their carpet last. I've seen 30 yr old carpet that looks great.

-JB-

Name
JB
My father/step-witches, carpet is like 25 year old light weight Nylon, I've only cleaned it twice, and would drink the waste water on a dare, it's that clean.

I told her about dust mite/ dm dander years ago, and it freaked her out, total germ-a-phoebe, also told her the fuller a vac bag is the less suction the vac has, SOOO, she vacs like once or twice a week and changes the vac bag EVERY OTHER TIME! :shock:

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
JB, it sounds like she taking pretty good care of your father. She's at least keeping his house looking good.

-JB-

Name
JB
Yeah, she does, a "little" over protective, I think she would sneeze for him if she could figure out how to.

Too bad she hates his kids. Sends B-day cards, Christmas cards.

No calls unless you nearly kill yourself on a motorcycle, then he's good for a 6 mo. stint as a "father", other than that none of the five of us see him more than once every year or two.
Nice role model, of how not to parent.
I try to do a lot better.

shrink.gif

No issues here huh? :roll:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
JB said:
Yeah, she does, a "little" over protective, I think she would sneeze for him if she could figure out how to.

Too bad she hates his kids. Sends B-day cards, Christmas cards.

No calls unless you nearly kill yourself on a motorcycle, then he's good for a 6 mo. stint as a "father", other than that none of the five of us see him more than once every year or two.
Nice role model, of how not to parent.
I try to do a lot better.

shrink.gif

No issues here huh? :roll:

JB......I'll be yor role model????

Willy P

Name
Willy P
TimP said:
The people that walk in with socks, vacuum their carpet properly and never eat or drink near their carpet are the ones that can make their carpet last. I've seen 30 yr old carpet that looks great.

Slippers, not socks. All that sweat and body oil from the feet will dirty and attract ,ors dry soil. The rest is right on the money.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I mentioned to her the real disgusting analogy of not washing your underwear.

The main thing I said to her was about her kitchen floor. I asked how many times she's washed that in the past 23 yrs. Then I told her that whatever was on her kitchen floor is on your carpet. Its not really what you can "see" but what you can't.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
My dad owned a few apartments that he sold back in 2000. One of the apartments, my parents lived in when i was first born. The carpet was a plush shag from the 60's. When he sold the place the carpet looked brand new still. After 2 long term older tenants. It was unbelievable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom