Noble Carpet Cleaners
I had the urge to up the everyday temps on my Savage heater. 240+, wow. Have to
say I like it.

Jamesh921

Name
James
I re-set the nap on a custy's carpet TWICE;

once on accident when I cranked the heat over 240 and,

once when I had to go back and correct it.

Cranking the heat up on rentals and apts is Ok, but not in the resy market.

Just my experience.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
be careful Scott.
if you're using Goodyear Ineptune , failures are "instant"
You also need to use caution where the sol line lays and for how long (with any steel braid)
poly and olie carpets will MELT under the sol line .

Those "snake lines" won't groom or scrub out..
(ask me how i know :oops: )

screaming heat is nothing new to us Steamway Powermatic guys

..l.T.A.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Snake lines aren't only a problem on the carpet, you have to be aware of what your lines will do to their yard.

Using extreme heat is a blessing, but it's also a liability. You have to know it abilities, concerns and limitations.

Jamesh921

Name
James
two seperate hoses. And yes, running over 240 degrees can damage wood, laminate and carpet flooring. But, it doesn't hurt apt steps.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
If you need/like to clean at that HIGH of heat then brother you need a better prespray. Oh and some higher insurance coverage because it's not a matter of if it's a matter of when the hose is going to go to crap and spray ugly stuff all over at least one wall or worse burn the heck out of someone.

240° is to high in any residential environment. <--- just my opinion but one born from experience.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Half of the problems mentioned can be eliminated using the Life Jackets over your sol lines. I run 80 ft from the wand back, and have no issues, if the lines were to burst, they burst inside the jackets, for the yard, just use the yard sticks.

Mikey P

Administrator
Quick connects, ball valves, trigger kits, check valves, hoses and you skin will all have shorter life spans.

So what pre spray have you been using?

S

sam miller

I'm dancing between extreme clean enzall and redline with a citrus booster depends on carpet.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Ta answer yer q Mike, I'm using up a stash of Kleenrite's products and CTI's. Both perform for me, CTI's stuff is way to foamy. I'm gearing up for Magic's 12ph powder. Been a long time coming. Their Potion product is solid (absolutely no foam) but never had enough Ph for me. All changed now with Surfactant.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Boosters that I keep on the truck are Sodium Percarb ($2.10 per pound from Sierra Chem in West Sac), Chemspec Heavy Duty Soil Lifter (really effective, really foamy), Magic's Citrapure, CTI's Energy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom