25 Degrees outside

John Watson

Yup thats right, No frost on van wind shield, all other vehicles frosted over. Looking at my indoor monitor its a nice balmy 43 inside the van. just using a $19.00 elec heater with 750-1500 watt settings and a internal thermostat. set on 750 and therostat knob about 1/3 of the way from off. Guess I will go have a cup of coffee, Wait a minute, I don't drink coffee!!!!

Becker

Name
Becker
The fun will come tonight John. 25 to 60 mph winds up and down the wa i5 corridor and temps dropping to the teens.

All white and snowing here in snoho waiting for a client to show. I'm sure traffic is delaying her. Oh joy. Will be an exciting final 3 days of work before vacation.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"Temp's are forcast to PlUmiT...to around 72 degrees ...TonItE...BRRRRrrrrr... !gotcha! "

S4011145-1.jpg

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I don't miss the WA winter weather! Down here in frigid AZ it got down to about 50 last night.....right now its 74 degrees out.....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
[quote="bob vawter":2iereq2y]grand daughter?

Wheres yours ?

:twisted:[/quote:2iereq2y]
i TRIED to tell her that was jus cream cheese on yor lips.......
but she wasn't buyin' it................ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
had a large job cancel on me this am at the last moment....so I changed out of my work close and put on a pair of shorts and a tee shirt.......mowed and trimmed the lawn and cut back a few bushes....sat on the back porch and it started getting to warm so I turned the A/C down in the house and finished my ice tea and ham salad sandwich in the inside.....took a nice cool shower...and went and knocked out 3 jobs......life is good in the desert......

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I will take our winter, you can have your 110 degree day summers

when you run out of water don't come take ours !gotcha!

I moved a couple of jobs to Friday when it won't be so cold out, one of the houses didn't have heat. Converting the furnace from oil to NG

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Jim Martin":256o69nu]its a dry heat................

shiteatinggrin I hate dry heat.... Add some humidity to it so I won't dry out... :lol:[/quote:256o69nu]

Funny20-20Why20fat20people20should2.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
its a lot easier to stay cool then it is to keep warm......at this point in time water does not really seem to be a problem.....shade on the other hand can be a bitch to find.....

Ron K

Jim Martin said:
its a lot easier to stay cool then it is to keep warm....

Thats B S I can put another Sweater on. Once your naked what can you do.....Manscape???????

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
in the heat..everyone has there a/c running as hard as it will go..every room has a ceiling fan running on high...
a/c in the truck works great....so really..when am I in the heat to long........not to mention we are only really hot a few months... (if that) ....out of the year...and maybe a few weeks with humidity....

most you guys in the hard winters.........you have to thaw most everything out.....your bundled up so tight you can hardly walk......once you get set up and start working you have to take off 9 layers because once your in the house and they have the heat going......god forbid you forgot something out at the truck....you either have to brave the elements or spend 20 minutes putting 9 layers back on......bad roads....worrying about everything freezing....the list could just keep going on....but look at the bright side.....sooner or later the snow will melt and the heat will be back and it will be 100 degrees with 100 precent humidity....bad storms...mosquitoes the size of B52 bombers....and in 3 months the cycle will start all over again.......

we have.....snakes........and most the time it is to hot for them to come out in the day........
and we work year round.........

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Jim Martin said:
most you guys in the hard winters.........you have to thaw most everything out.....your bundled up so tight you can hardly walk......once you get set up and start working you have to take off 9 layers because once your in the house and they have the heat going......god forbid you forgot something out at the truck....you either have to brave the elements or spend 20 minutes putting 9 layers back on......bad roads....worrying about everything freezing....the list could just keep going on....but look at the bright side.....sooner or later the snow will melt and the heat will be back and it will be 100 degrees with 100 precent humidity....bad storms...mosquitoes the size of B52 bombers....and in 3 months the cycle will start all over again.......

Damn

T

The Magician

its going down to 25 deg. but 50 deg in my garage with no heat.

Becker

Name
Becker
I feel I need to remind Jim.........

Jim Martin said:
yea.....we had a real strange desert winter last year and for about a week we had to put heaters in the truck because my pump froze..........

it was the same time that everyone else was facing a strange winter......

the desert does get cold at times but that was strange.....

I know it does not happen often... But don't get to cocky.. :p

Yeah, I like all the guys that brag about their warm locations. We should all move there... LOL

I like the 4 seasons, But I'd rather be elk hunting today, or duck hunting.
I'll be doing just that fri-sunday

Easy to stay warm in this weather with the right clothes and gear.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
heaters in the truck 2 times in 8.5 years .......the season hasn't even really started and you have already had a bad day............
Got to 1st job of the day... Waited, called, waited. Left and moved my 2nd job into position one. Turned out 1st one was coming from an area getting hammered with snow.

So i get set up on 1st ( 2nd ) job. clean 32 office chairs, and 9 cubical office walls.

Job 3 canceled because she was in no way going to get home in time to meet me because of heavy snow and ice.

So I head back to job one.

Steep driveway, but just wet.

I park and clean for 2.5 hrs as it starts to snow. When I got there air temp was 32, when I wanted to leave air temp was 22..

I go to leave, not gunna make it out of the drive. So I chain up thinking that will help. Problem I was not able to get a run at it, and chains ( cable ) were just spinning.

So I hook up tm.. and soak the driveway in hot water melting all the snow and ice so I could pull out.

Get out of the neighborhood and start up a hill as a car loses traction.

You could have ice skated on this road. So out putting chains back on.

Last job of day called asked if I was on my way. I said yes, he offered to post pone as it took him 2 hours to go 7 miles. I guess his neighborhood got dumped on and the local highways near him were grid locked.

Day started out with 4 jobs, but was only able to clean 2. Still I nice $$ day. But what a pain in the ass..

Saw lots of cars parked in ditches, some upside down.. Hmmmm.

One job for tomorrow already postponed because his kids will be home as schools are closed.

Moved job 4 to position 1.. She asked.. Are ya sure you will be able to get out in AM.. Well van is already chained up. So I hope so. Luckily she is close.
2 other jobs are confirmed and excited I'm planning on coming.

In all the years I lived in Spokane I never ever chained up my van.

Sucks to live and work in an area where the county has almost no snow removal equipment.

If your going to bitch every year...........move.........

Becker

Name
Becker
If your going to bitch every year...........move.........

I'd not say a bad day.

Hell I have had bigger PITA days in mid summer than today.

Move huh? I have heard homes in AZ are dirt cheap...

Nahh,, it is to hot in AZ... I know plenty that live there. And I ask them.. What do you do when it is so hot.. They say stay in doors till the sun goes down. I like being outside, and like the color green.

BTW Jim.. just busting your chops.. I know cold does not happen there often as I stated.
But maybe you have the same bad mood bug as Mikey.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom