25 Degrees outside

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
no bad mood..I was just bust-en yours back..don't take it personal.....homes here are not that cheap....but like most other places you have good sides of town and the bad ones...AZ is a retirement state for the foremost....not to mention that my business increases in the winter because most northern people have a winter homes down here to get away from the bad weather.....go figure....

Ron K

Sheeeet the power just came on had the truck running, heater on, damm generator wouldn't start, I'll shut up and move Santa Cruise.
News said there is a chance of Snow Lightning! Who said Global Cooling wasn't happening.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I agree Scruz is a great place to visit. We are going to get down to 14 tues night. set up marketing for WDR on tue Wed , and Thurs, ice melt bags ready to go, chains in the trucks, equipment cleaned and serviced! Last year was real bonus and this year might be the same.

Jim Martin said:
in the heat..everyone has there a/c running as hard as it will go..every room has a ceiling fan running on high...
a/c in the truck works great....so really..when am I in the heat to long........not to mention we are only really hot a few months... (if that) ....out of the year...and maybe a few weeks with humidity....

most you guys in the hard winters.........you have to thaw most everything out.....your bundled up so tight you can hardly walk......once you get set up and start working you have to take off 9 layers because once your in the house and they have the heat going......god forbid you forgot something out at the truck....you either have to brave the elements or spend 20 minutes putting 9 layers back on......bad roads....worrying about everything freezing....the list could just keep going on....but look at the bright side.....sooner or later the snow will melt and the heat will be back and it will be 100 degrees with 100 precent humidity....bad storms...mosquitoes the size of B52 bombers....and in 3 months the cycle will start all over again.......

we have.....snakes........and most the time it is to hot for them to come out in the day........
and we work year round.........

I wear shorts until the weather gets in the 20's. Low 30's and it is shorts and a jacket or hoody for me. I hate working in houses with the heat blarring. I tell my customers to turn the ac on even if it is cold outside. They look at me funny, but I just say it is to control the humidity level.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i like my 4 seasons.....really cold for dec, jan, part of feb......

really hot, july, aug....

nice other 7 months of the year....

extremes suck no matter where you are......

damn extra cold coming

CDRX

I garage my van now so freezing isn't an issue anymore. But a tip to those in the Northwest, it may get to single digits tonight. In years past when my van was outside with a heater in these temperatures it would still freeze water quick-disconnect coming off the machine, hoses or tools with water in them like hydro-force sprayers if they are on the floor or against the sides of the van. You might use two heaters, one blowing on the machine and one in back with the equipment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom