-26 degrees current temp in Northern MN

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
-26 degrees current temp in Northern MN and yes, we are going out cleaning in the morning and everyday this week.

First job in the morning is in a 100 year old apt building....on the 2nd floor of course and with our truckmounts. Fairly full day tomorrow too and for the week!

2013-12-30034255_zps6dce8a14.png

Mark Saiger

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Holy shit .. I'd be afraid of damaging equipment .. pre-spray is gonna freeze on the way into the house .. I'd be interested to see how your day goes tomorrow

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mark;

My hat is off to you, to work in that temp.

I had to go out tonight and help a friend with his car @ 30 degrees.

My hands froze after about 20 minutes,

using a ratchet and a few other steel tools.

Took leather gloves, but had to take them off for dexterity.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
314c3f8f-677e-4957-bebd-5ce8408eaad4_zpsd37c4a9f.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

Lol! I'm gonna sit in the warm truck if I need to text...

But then again, I am thinking about doing some video today and posting.

Currently at 6:30 am it is -27. Could get colder when the sun comes up too.

At least my shop fuel oil didn't gel up it is looking like last night! :rockon:

Name
Bruce
It's 13 here and my son and I are heading out for a commercial job , this will be a 250ft hose run. I have a 150ft pressure line just to make sure the connector is in the building so it doesn't freeze.

We do what we have to do, keep on rockin Mark :rockon:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
How big is the job? Best of luck. I do not think I would do it.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
It's 13 here and my son and I are heading out for a commercial job , this will be a 250ft hose run. I have a 150ft pressure line just to make sure the connector is in the building so it doesn't freeze.

We do what we have to do, keep on rockin Mark :rockon:

Right on Bruce!

Just another day out of the office...Lol

Anything above - 10 is a picnic :icon_cool:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Oh man - 26

Wont solution lines freeze?
Being a baby at this still, I have no idea what is safe operating temps. Or how long the hoses can be exposed before the elements take over.

Ive been out below freezing, wasnt by much though and it sure wasnt below zero.

I have seen a dude pulling a CC trailer around here with icicles draggin the ground. Kinda amuzing : )

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It won't freeze if you keep it flowing. Stop the flow for too long and your connections will freeze.

Don't ever drag your connection through the snow, its a sure way to freeze up. You're best off if you take the solution hose inside and then at the very last connect you solution line.

We cleaned a large commercial job last week with it -8 out that morning, without the wind chill. I think we lost a 3-way valve on the chem meter. There was a large icicle coming out of it when they were done cleaning. :errf:

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
It won't freeze if you keep it flowing. Stop the flow for too long and your connections will freeze.

Don't ever drag your connection through the snow, its a sure way to freeze up. You're best off if you take the solution hose inside and then at the very last connect you solution line.

We cleaned a large commercial job last week with it -8 out that morning, without the wind chill. I think we lost a 3-way valve on the chem meter. There was a large icicle coming out of it when they were done cleaning. :errf:

Thanks Doc : )

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Oh man - 26

Wont solution lines freeze?
Being a baby at this still, I have no idea what is safe operating temps. Or how long the hoses can be exposed before the elements take over.

Ive been out below freezing, wasnt by much though and it sure wasnt below zero.

I have seen a dude pulling a CC trailer around here with icicles draggin the ground. Kinda amuzing : )
It is a problem sometimes just getting to the site in the box truck as it is not correctly set up for those type of temps.
I rented a garage this year to pull the trucks in because I got tired of fighting the weather. I find it much more work in the cold and as Richard solution line last hook up to the truck and first off. Also watch any tools not being used, I don't leave them on the truck I bring them inside.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Was a busy day. No problems cleaning, but of course a large water loss came in at a restaurant that uses us. Luckily, we were able to get everything contained and had them up and running yet this afternoon. Sprinkler system pipe froze and broke. Got all water extracted. Good air movement in the place and will have equipment off tomorrow as they requested. Should actually be fine for the most part in this case and then will get carpenters in New Years day to tear out remaining problems.

So much for staying our of water damage!

Had enough equipment in the reserves yet to do the job. Actually had 2 Brand New Ultimate 340's ready and waiting. Just got them in the other day.

I also am uploading youtube videos of the day from our cleaning, while they are doing that, will see if can get pics of the water damage on here for entertainment value.

Mark Saiger

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We froze two trucks today. The supply line from the fresh water tank to the unit froze up when they moved position in the complex.

Pigsnout I've always had trouble with boarders. I was always counted down for coloring outside them.
:p

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
When you restoration guys run into wet wood floors, do you clean them with your wand before putting the drying equipment in?

:eekk: No we are concerned about too much moisture. We would sweep up all the debris and use drying mats to move the moisture out of them. If it is salvageable then we would clean it after drying.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom