26 jobs to do before turkey day.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
There are few company's like yours Ken.

The most amazing part is you're doing it in an area that I would considered depressed by the economy.

I could give you credit for your savvy marketing skills but then you'd think I was just sucking up.

So instead I'll just say "it must be luck"! :p

:mrgreen:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
47 jobs and then about 8 apartments I have to get done by next Wednesday. And a few restaurants. God be with me

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Personally, I wouldn't want that much work in that short a time span. But that's me and my one truck, one employee.

I've got 3-4 jobs tomorrow, 3 plus a commercial legal office on Saturday, and possibly a Chinese resty on Sunday.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Alfalfa said:
I agree Robert, that just sounds overwhelming.

Heck it would keep us busy too! We usually book 2-big or 4-small per crew per day.

Remember Rich....I'm retired, collecting a pension check, and take or leave whatever jobs I want. I still service my regular custys, but kinda "hand pick" the jobs that I want to do. And I'm on call for a WD/Fire resto company for extraction and/or cleaning, and that can be last minute service.

I think I'll plow snow for a lawn company in January just to stay busy.

That's good.

I have 20 for Fri-Wed and could take on one more, but no more than that.

Several of those are carpet and tile so we will be busting tail for sure.

Thankful to have my van running good.

I just had a water pump put on, the intake manifold gasket replaced (that was a big job), plugs and wires, distributor cap, fuel injectors cleaned, throttle body cleaned, mass air-flow sensor cleaned, oil changed, and I cleaned the entire truck top to bottom. Also got some pressure hoses fixed that were questionable.

I still need new tires and brakes.

So I guess I am almost ready for the winter.

Now all I have to do is rebuild my pressure pump.

After spending this money I have decided to buy a small enclosed trailer that I can pull on certain days.

Hoping things slow down a while after the holiday, but that is not likely.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Anyone else notice there is alot of reschedules before the holidays? For me I can go all year with 5 or 6 then the holidays come and it's 5 in one week! It usually fills in except the night before or hour before cancellations.. :evil: I think I'm going to go after some more apt. complexes next year, seems to be good filler work.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: 26 jobs to do before turkey day.

Able 1 said:
Anyone else notice there is alot of reschedules before the holidays? For me I can go all year with 5 or 6 then the holidays come and it's 5 in one week! It usually fills in except the night before or hour before cancellations.. :evil: I think I'm going to go after some more apt. complexes next year, seems to be good filler work.

Yep, I had three last week and I'll bet I didn't have three in the previous six months combined.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Becker

Name
Becker
rwcarpet said:
Becker said:
:shock:

I'm gunna be Ken Snowing.

I thought your TM was down with engine problems? How you managing?

prochem.jpg

Count went up.

Working everyday thur Wednesday.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
My wife is pissed i'm working the day after thanksgiving but it is a huge job at a day care and that is the only day they are closed other than sundays(which I refuse to work).

Becker

Name
Becker
I can't recall the last time I worked a Sunday, I think the last SAT I worked was later last winter or early spring.

Working both days this weekend..

Count now is about 20.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Is the microprocessor on that unit still working? Didn't they have a bunch of issues with that unit?

Becker

Name
Becker
Just over 3k hrs. I think it is a 97'.. Processor works flawlessly.

I had seen many or most were converted to analog.

Maybe Olsen will chime in.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: 26 jobs to do before turkey day.

Becker said:
I can't recall the last time I worked a Sunday, I think the last SAT I worked was later last winter or early spring.

Working both days this weekend..

Count now is about 20.
That is so cool Don, make hay while sun shines!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Chris A

Name
Chris
That's cool, I wish I could have got my 405 going, its such an iconic machine, mine just needed too much.

Becker

Name
Becker
from what I hear if it is engine related you have a boat anchor, or ya might win the lotto and find a block or part.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I sold it, it was an engine and frame, it pretty much needed everything else, blower, pump, waste tank, etc., but the engine only had 900 hours on it...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I bet someone is using the engine still.

Not much for the microprocessor, we had one and eventually sold it. No real problems with it, just prefered guages. Those Nissans run like champs, everytimeI think about a new machine I feel like I'd be trading down as far as powerplant. We will probably just run ours until something major happens to them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom