3/4 or 1-Ton Butler?

Matt King

1 ton. Unless you're using a portable or you're a padder I wouldn't consider anything else. Especially if you plan on carrying water. The difference in price isn't that much and you'll save on brake jobs in the long run.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I didn't even think Butler was offered in a 3/4 ton anymore unless you mean the Ford- which I believe voids the ford warranty. We only use GMC 1tons.

Ken

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have had a 1 ton and a 3/4 ton. Never will I go back to the smaller.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I prefer the 3/4 ton vans only for the ride. Brake jobs are easy to do so I wouldn't buy the 1 ton for that reason. I bought Matts equipment and was concerned when I found out how heavy it was, but it rides remarkably well with the machine and the water tank full.

Becker

Name
Becker
Hey Ken,

Last I heard ford is working with van powered machine manufactures now.

If this is true, then maybe Chevy will work harder at fixing the fuel pump issue.

3/4-1 ton is another spring, otherwise every is the same.

You don't want to max out the payload, so why not go 1 ton.

B

Bill

One ton extended....I bought the whole package from Butler. For some reason, they seem to have the best package w/o a lot of hassle. Hate buying trucks....the Butler GMC is well engineered and thought out. They have the suspension package/tyranny ratios figured out. Also, they have a different sway bar or something on the front end that is a minor option.....but the front end holds alignment better and the tires seem to wear better compare to last one ton I bought myself in '03.

Bill in central Florida

Back
Top Bottom